Posted by: davegp4
(Y)(Y)(Y)

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±
Re: V8 International Supercars 2011 WIP
Date: September 26, 2016 06:13PM
Posted by: Isaint
Dont think will be very active next year. So would like to do this last thing at gp4 ... just to finish the cars.:-)

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: October 14, 2016 02:43PM
Posted by: gareth
Isaint Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dont think will be very active next year. So would
> like to do this last thing at gp4 ... just to
> finish the cars.:-)

Great news! (Y)(Y)

I have the Falcon that you provided me a while ago in game and it's looking good. Just missing from what I can see the Ford badge on the grille and headlights and brake lights, I'll try to post some pics over the weekend.
Date: October 14, 2016 07:46PM
Posted by: Isaint
Okay Gareth.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: October 15, 2016 01:53AM
Posted by: gareth
(Ignore the wheel positions in the pics below.)

To get around that weird thing where the z_cockpit_visor thing makes the windows appear and disappear depending on the car and the view, I swapped the windows to right_sidepod so that they are always visible. The drawback is that you can't see into the car, but at least it's consistent. What do you reckon?

I noticed as well that the shape might be a tiny bit undersized. How would you recommend increasing everything by maybe 5% or so?

]

[
Date: October 15, 2016 06:28AM
Posted by: davegp4
that is looking hot keep going(Y)

Latest Themes / Mods > [www.mediafire.com]
You Tube Video's [www.youtube.com]
________________________________________±
Date: October 15, 2016 01:33PM
Posted by: rracunis
gareth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (Ignore the wheel positions in the pics below.)
>
> To get around that weird thing where the
> z_cockpit_visor thing makes the windows appear and
> disappear depending on the car and the view, I
> swapped the windows to right_sidepod so that they
> are always visible. The drawback is that you can't
> see into the car, but at least it's consistent.
> What do you reckon?

There is a solution for this problem but you really have to work hard , it's is not a easy solution . Have a look on here : [www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: October 15, 2016 01:44PM
Posted by: Mullet345
Looks pretty good so far. Any chance there will be a template of the Ford Falcon (and the Holden as well once that's ready to show) so we could try and make a fictional livery?

Date: October 15, 2016 03:03PM
Posted by: kedy89
Looking good :)

Let me know if you need help with CSM stuff.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2016 03:04PM by kedy89.
Date: October 15, 2016 06:18PM
Posted by: auscain
Really looking good. I am actually excited about the idea of driving the wheels of the Holden ingame.

gareth
To get around that weird thing where the z_cockpit_visor thing makes the windows appear and disappear depending on the car and the view, I swapped the windows to right_sidepod so that they are always visible. The drawback is that you can't see into the car, but at least it's consistent. What do you reckon?

I rekon your idea of moving z_cockpit_visor to a new part is good. Solves a few problems. I hesitates on commenting much because I never worked on car shapes and textures but I would work on the transparency of the glass.

I noticed as well that the shape might be a tiny bit undersized. How would you recommend increasing everything by maybe 5% or so?

Insaint mostly likely left the final scaling to you. I would be willing to bet he has the actual scale correct so be careful not to mess that up.

I would take it into the Builder:

1. Group the parts in an ordered list so you can rename them later when you ungroup them (move to... new object) when finished.

2. In a new scene build some objects like boxes or vertical squares use a white texture or whatever you like.

3. Move them to the correct distances apart, e.g., Length 489cm width 188cm. I'm not sure where exactly they are measuring to and from. You should be able to find that somewhere in the specifications.

4. You now have a box with the correct inside dimensions you could try to Align on object to get the parts in the center of the object and use Scale.

You might consider turning off snapping Snap: 0 cm. To not have the car shapes interact with the box object.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2016 10:20PM by auscain.
Date: June 20, 2022 02:57PM
Posted by: Soutsen
What happened to this project? Has it been transformed to any other V8 Supercars mod that got out and I missed it somehow?

Date: February 19, 2023 07:38AM
Posted by: Slasher
What Soutsen says above, anything ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy