Unable to load file: f1system.txt. Please re-install grand prix 4...

Posted by MySTeRio 
Who can help?

When I want to open your link Grand Prix 4 v1.02, I recieve the following: 'Unable to load file: f1system.txt. Please re-install grand prix 4...

Somebody who can help me?

Thanx!
Does the file exist? If not, save the text below in notepad as f1system.txt in the GP4 dir and test.
If the file does exist I can't say why you have this problem.

You should be running GP4 via the latest gpx_patch, not from gp4.exe. Make sure that the v9.6 patch is installed correctly, and that the gp.exe is replaced with the correct version, which you will find in the gp4 downloads area. Set XP SP3 compatibility for the exe files and run as admin.

Other than that, the only thing I can suggest is for you to try the iso on gp4central, this is already fully patched. If you already have this, and it still fails, you will have to try it on another system. Obviously something is not right there. If you have sufficient space, create a partition and install XP, use a boot manager and install gp4 etc. on the partition and test.

Meanwhile, please post your system specs.

; Grand Prix 4 System File - do not edit
save_state_on_exit = true
install_level = full
minimum_allowable_version = 0
language_name = english
animation_quality = medium

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2013 09:10PM by mortal.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy