Buenos Aires Track 1979 - it still don't work! [FIXED]

Posted by TGF1DRIVER 
Sorry that I get on your nerves with my Buenos Aires 1979 Track again, but I simply can't get it working in GP4! I really tried everthing now. I even loaded up my renamed wad- and dat-file to mediafire and downloaded it again, then I put it into the GP4 directory at the right places, but the game is still crashing while loading the track! I only noticed that the track was loading slower, so it took a few seconds longer before I got the black screen. And the files can't be broken because another user said that the track is working at his GP4. Is there anything senseful operation left that I could try?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2013 12:12AM by TGF1DRIVER.
Re: Buenos Aires Track 1979 - it still don't work!
Date: October 26, 2013 11:35PM
Posted by: quickslick
did you renamed the buenos aires wad correctly to barcelona2001?
Date: October 26, 2013 11:39PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Yes! I did! :(
Date: October 27, 2013 12:18AM
Posted by: quickslick
verbosity level in gpxpatch on medium and debug mode on?
Date: October 27, 2013 12:31AM
Posted by: TomMK
TGF1DRIVER
then I put it into the GP4 directory at the right places

What directory is the .dat file in?

What directory is the .wad file in?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: October 27, 2013 12:44AM
@quickslick: I tried every combination but nothing works. :( @TomMK: The dat-file is in the directory "Circuits" and the wad-file in the GP4-directory in the same place as "barcelona2001.wad" was before cause I replaced that file.
Date: October 27, 2013 12:48AM
OK so that's where you're going wrong, I think you misread the instructions I posted.

When you are putting a custom track into the game using GPxTrack, both files (dat and wad) must be in the same directory.

Create a new directory somewhere outside the GP4 directory, for example on your Desktop. Put both the dat and wad file in here. Now use GPxTrack to point GP4 to the dat file in that folder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2013 02:32AM by TomMK.
Date: October 27, 2013 01:49AM
It isn't working with GPx-Track as well. Now I tried it with decrypted.exe and it was just the same, but there was an error log created. Maybe someone can help me then when I insert the complete error log (very large) here?
Date: October 27, 2013 02:04AM
Posted by: mortal
Upload the text file to a site like mediafire and post the link here.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: October 28, 2013 12:44AM
Date: October 28, 2013 05:53PM
Posted by: Lo2k
There are missing cars and cockpit items. Beside that it could be something with one of the environment map of the track .wad as the log mentions envfacefront.tga... maybe an incorrect texture size or format...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2013 05:53PM by Lo2k.
Date: October 29, 2013 06:05PM
How can I fix this problem? :(
Date: October 29, 2013 06:19PM
Posted by: SDI
Do the .dat and .wad file have the same name?
Edit: Actually, that shouldn't make a difference if there are no other .wad files in there. But only if you use the latest version of GPxPatch. You are using an old version...

The actual crash is related to a texture, probably maps\Barcelona2001\EnvFaceFRONT.TGA

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2013 06:24PM by SDI.
Date: October 29, 2013 09:33PM
Now I downloaded the latest version of GPxPatch (version 4.23) and now I get still the same problem, even with decrypted.exe! :( Maybe I should try to change or repair that texture-file?
Date: October 29, 2013 10:38PM
Posted by: Foreverk
I changed all tga´s files to 256x256x16M colors and now the tracks works fine for me, here´s the link if you want try it and tell me if it runs ok :-)

Buenos Aires 79
Date: October 30, 2013 12:10AM
IT WORKS!!!! (Y) Finally I'm able to drive at this great track! :-) Thank you very much Foreverk! We finally found the problem! :-) @Foreverk: Can you tell me how I can change tga-files on my own because I have the same problem with seven or eight other tracks?
Date: October 30, 2013 12:16AM
Well spotted Forevek, the tga files in the original 2001 tracks all use this format, so I guess the game doesn't cope well with different formats?

I've made a new CC Line for this track because the original is not so good, I'll upload it to GP4 Central.

Sometimes I don't know what I'm doing wrong! :( I have the same problem as I had with Buenos Aires 1979 until yesterday with Phoenix 1991 from 1991 trackpack. I extracted it with TSM and put the wad- and dat-file of Phoenix 1991 into a seperate folder. Then I extracted the wad with Wad Updater and replaced the twelve tga-files of the wad with the twelve tga-files of the working wad-file of Buenos Aires 1979 from the link above. Now that track should be working as well, but it didn't! (I got the same black screen when GP4 is loading the track as many times before.) Why? I thought the problem where the tga-files, but I replaced them with working ones! :(
Replacing is ok, but not all the tga files are the same for all tracks, let me check these ones i´ll try to fix it:-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy