GPGSL S9 R13 - Austrian GP - A-1 Ring [Race online p205!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Maybe if I send some flowers... or pizza... flowers made of pizza. Maybe that would secure the race seat for me.
Well, that was a tough initiation into the GPGSL.
Attrocious weather conditions yet i think i did ok.
The race was going well until McCarthy took me out, ruining my day.
The pictures dont lie - i was clearly in front, so i can only have been hit from the side or behind.
McCarthy can apologise whenever he wishes....
Wow, great work Jack, superb performance!

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Legge to star in cliched training montage

Demon race driver Jake Legge is planning to turn around his season by starring in an underdog movie-style training montage, according to his management team. The Brit started very well in his second season with the Australian team, but has failed to trouble the scoresheet in the last few races.

"In every underdog film, the protagonist usually starts well but falls into trouble in the middle section of the tournament they're in." said a spokesman. "To overcome this, they usually follow an exercise routine with upbeat background music. Jake will be on a training montage routine for the next week, with that song from Team America and also that one which Ivan Drago trains to in Rocky IV. We hope this will turn his season around in the most hackneyed way possible."

In unrelated news, the Demon Racing Official Store will be selling special edition leg-warmers over the next couple of weeks.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Legge to star in cliched training montage
>
> Demon race driver Jake Legge is planning to turn
> around his season by starring in an underdog
> movie-style training montage, according to his
> management team. The Brit started very well in his
> second season with the Australian team, but has
> failed to trouble the scoresheet in the last few
> races.
>
> "In every underdog film, the protagonist usually
> starts well but falls into trouble in the middle
> section of the tournament they're in." said a
> spokesman. "To overcome this, they usually follow
> an exercise routine with upbeat background music.
> Jake will be on a training montage routine for the
> next week, with that song from Team America and
> also that one which Ivan Drago trains to in Rocky
> IV. We hope this will turn his season around in
> the most hackneyed way possible."
>
> In unrelated news, the Demon Racing Official Store
> will be selling special edition leg-warmers over
> the next couple of weeks.

In other news, a team of lawyers have been seen entering Demon Racing HQ. Can't imagine why. ;)

Good result for the team, just a shame we can't seem to consistently push for the top 12 every race (and in the meantime, I drop back even further in the test standings...come on, I've been up there for most of the series, WTF is going on?!)

*Charrel was seen leaving the circuit Kimi style*

He seemed very unhappy about the recent results, lets hope he can regain his performance

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Boost Announcement

Applications for team and driver boosts for round 11, Dutch Grand Prix, Zandvoort are now open. The closing date is 8pm BST Sunday 20th July 2014. For team boost please use the subject "Team Boost - (team's name) - Zandvoort". For drivers boost "Driver Boost - (driver's name) - Zandvoort". Boost Applications must be sent to the GPGSL.

SEASON 8 Race Calendar

The GPGSL reserves the right to change venues for S9

Round 1: Australia GP - Albert Park - Winner: Joseph Gilson - Southern Cross Racing
Round 2: Japanese GP - Suzuka - Winner: John Warrington - MAC Racing
Round 3: Malaysian GP - Sepang - Winner: Joseph Gilson - Southern Cross Racing
Round 4: South African GP - Kyalami - Winner: Eric Moinet - JHR Developments
Round 5: Spanish GP - Jerez - Winner: Joseph Gilson - Southern Cross Racing
Round 6: Canadian GP - Montreal - Winner: Matteo Scala - Van Smirren Motorsports
Round 7: US GP - Road America - Winner: Ed Greenhalgh - Martini Paddock Racing
Round 8: Brazilian GP - Interlagos - Winner: Charrel Jalving - Martini Paddock Racing
Round 9: Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps - Winner: Jack Elleker - Aston Martin Racing
Round 10: European GP - Donington Park - Winner: Jack Elleker - Aston Martin Racing
Round 11: Dutch GP - Zandvoort - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 12: Italian GP - Monza - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 13: Austrian GP - A1-Ring - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 14: Czech GP - Brno - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 15: German GP - Hockenheim (Classic Layout) - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 16: French GP - Dijon-Prenois - 19% - 40 AI Errors - POSTPONED!
Round 17: British GP - Great Britain - 50% - 40 AI Errors

Very happy with a podium finish. The car, while not the fastest here, felt really stable in the wet and that certainly helped out there.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Round 10 - Europe - Official Results Tables

Round 10 - Europe - Official Standings Tables

Round 10 - Europe - Official Boost Tables

Round 10 - Europe - GPGCL

Aaaaand I've now got the current longest pointless streak. Fifth time lucky...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
> Aaaaand I've now got the current longest pointless
> streak. Fifth time lucky...

We as a team have been struggling lately! Very few good weekends for us this season! Things have got to change for the better, surely! Demon Racing is better than this.....
Might have to bolt on some of those super duper high performance special engines for Zandvoort....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Fantastic race for TSM - Well done guys! We always go well on British soil :)

Makes me sad, makes me sad :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
17pts between Gilson and Greenhalgh, and 9pts between MPR and SCR. The championships are still very close, and with 7 rounds to go it could very well be a close finish.

Well, both cars on points!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Going on holiday for a week from tomorrow (19th) - unfortunately, pizza isn't looking very likely :(

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
18 point gap between me and Maikel at the top of the testers championship...:(

Well at least 1 positive thing then, leading the TDC is great! Let's hope I can keep it up for the remainder of the season!!!

As for Snake Motorsports, we gotta turn things around in Zandvoort! We need them points! No better place then home

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
jasonS26 Wrote:
> Well, that was a tough initiation into the GPGSL.
>
> Attrocious weather conditions yet i think i did
> ok.
> The race was going well until McCarthy took me
> out, ruining my day.
> The pictures dont lie - i was clearly in front, so
> i can only have been hit from the side or behind.
> McCarthy can apologise whenever he wishes....

...or you ran me out of road trying to make the pass... no apology coming, you gotta leave some racing room. A racing incident, and a shame for us both.

Eric, pretty sure that's the cat I ran over on the way to the circuit haha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2014 09:27AM by gareth.
Demon Racing press release...

Demon Racing CEO Glen Sheppard just wanted to remind all race drivers, of a unique fact about GPGSL history at Zandvoort. Yes, team boss Glen had won the last two races at the historic track, scoring back to back wins at the circuit.
Sheppard just seemed to have the raw talent, speed and a bizarre love for the layout, where he dominated in the two previous Zandvoort events. Now as a team owner, and out of a race seat, someone else has a chance to put there name on the winners trophy.
Fingers crossed for Demon Racing, the knowledge Sheppard has of Zandvoort, his two race drivers Legge and Nell may be able to replicate the winning pattern.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy