13 Cars on track during Prac. & Qual.!

Posted by rooikappie 
13 Cars on track during Prac. & Qual.!
Date: April 29, 2003 12:15AM
Posted by: rooikappie
Hi everyone

I don't know what I did, but suddenly 13 cars go out on the track at the same time. I don't have a problem with that, but during qualifying all the drivers finnish their 12 laps with about 15 to 20min still to go in the qualifying.

What did I do? and how can I fix it?

Thanx

Vrystaat se SON is gif!!! en die HAEL is moerse groot!!!
Re: 13 Cars on track during Prac. & Qual.!
Date: April 29, 2003 01:16AM
Posted by: jp2
go to your gpxset.ini and look for ConsecutiveCars=13.

you can change it for friday, qualify and warmup. greetings jp
Date: April 29, 2003 01:30AM
Posted by: rooikappie
Thanx

But what is the default number?

Vrystaat se SON is gif!!! en die HAEL is moerse groot!!!
Date: April 29, 2003 01:51AM
Posted by: Morbid
The default number is 13, but GP4, like its predecessors, uses 8 cars in qual without Gpxpatch.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: April 29, 2003 02:49AM
Posted by: jp2
i'd recommend 3 cars in quali, and 7 to 10 in practise and warmup sessions. works fine here.

greetings, jp
Date: April 29, 2003 03:52AM
Posted by: Morbid
3 cars in qual will give you a result that is close the the qual format that is used in F1 now, that means that you have to adjust the amount of qualify laps that each driver can do to 3, so that each driver will only do 1 hotlap. Otherwise some drivers will put in 1 lap and others 2 or 3, but none or very few will reach 4.

13 cars is best for the old format if you want to be certain that each driver does 4 hotlaps on every track. Many drivers will not do their full share of 4 laps on long tracks like Spa, with a setting of 8 cars.

If you want a compromise, under the old format, where the drivers will do most of their laps, and most sessions will see action throughout the full hour, then 8 is your choice. Both the setting of 8 and 13 cars should have a qualify lap setting of 12.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy