White cars after mod. [Fixed] Thx Stoopid

Posted by Wolf. 
White cars after mod. [Fixed] Thx Stoopid
Date: August 25, 2013 01:08PM
Posted by: Wolf.
This isnt really asking for help even though it'll be much appreciated, ive seen like a hundred posts and topic stuff about white cars, im using the F1 '10 mod, and the *.gp4 files had to be renamed -ofcourse-. but the textures were named like hi_RB6_1.tex (like that, sort of.) and i also have seen stuff about dont rename .tex files, but.. how would the .exe know that a hi_RB6_1.tex would belong to the right .gp4 file, if it isnt named like it..?

As im looking up all those "white/blank car" posts, im trying to fix this with the info all the replies/"answers" give.
Any explanation on how to fix 'em, i'd appreciate very very much though... cause it's still the same after 2days searching for solutions... screenshots may or may not appear, but theres nothing much special about white cars, what i will mention; when in cockpitview, the monocoque is tex'ed correctly, but the frontwing still isnt, same for the rest. in any other camera mode, it appears fully white.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2013 04:24PM by Wolf..
Re: White cars after mod.
Date: August 25, 2013 01:45PM
Posted by: Stoopid
Each car shape has a texture assigned to it within the shape's .gp4 file. If you change the name of the shape file, it will still look for its assigned texture, so no problem. But if you change the texture's name, the shape will still look for the old one, therefore you get a white car. To get around this, you need to open the shape in gp4builder and change its texture name.

Also, in cockpit view the game uses a cockpit shape, but all other cameras use the car shape. This is why the textures appear correctly in cockpit view but not in on-car cameras and trackside.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2013 01:49PM by Stoopid.
Re: White cars after mod.
Date: August 25, 2013 01:50PM
Posted by: Wolf.
I fixed it, thanks very very much man, aww yes!!! :D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2013 04:23PM by Wolf..
Re: White cars after mod. [Fixed] Thx Stoopid
Date: August 26, 2013 12:42AM
Posted by: Stoopid
Glad I could help :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy