Question about GP4 v1.02.

Posted by Wolf. 
Question about GP4 v1.02.
Date: August 23, 2013 10:09PM
Posted by: Wolf.
Is GP4 v1.02 the game with the v9.6 patch already in it? I've been looking up posts and other stuff about GP4, and some said that it was... o:

Not sure if topic is placed on right place.. ._.
Re: Question about GP4 v1.02.
Date: August 23, 2013 11:47PM
Posted by: mortal
GP4 is allocated v1.02 once the nocd has been applied. The v1.02 nocd afaik only works with the v9.6 patch installed.
The vanilla out of the box cd is not patched, therefore if GP4 is referred to as v1.02 it should have the v9.6 patch and the v1.02 nocd installed. Both patches are available from the downloads area.
GP4Central has available an iso of GP4v1.02, therefore it is a fully patched version.
Users of CSM often report that the patch downloader does not work, this is because the server is down and will remain so for the foreseeable future.
CSM will on first run, attempt to download and apply the patches, regardless of whether or not it is required. Users can turn off the patch update function in CSM. This is a problem reported many times in the forum.
All questions regarding GP4 can be asked in this forum, also, take some time to look at the FAQ pinned topic.
Welcome to our community. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 24, 2013 01:17AM
Posted by: Wolf.
Alright!~ Thanks alot Mortal, and I've been reading the FAQ topic twice, so far :P. You dont happen to have a link of that ISO on gp4central, do you..? im curious :3
Date: August 24, 2013 02:42AM
Posted by: TomMK
It's actually not an ISO, its a patched (v1.02 / 9.6) version that's ready to play that doesn't need installing. GP4 Central.

I do have an ISO of the original GP4 disc. I'll upload it later today.

edit: Mal, please edit / delete this if it's not appropriate to talk about here ;)

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2013 02:44AM by TomMK.
Date: August 24, 2013 04:33PM
Posted by: petrus
Wolf. schrieb:
> Is GP4 v1.02 the game with the v9.6 patch already in it? I've been looking up posts and other stuff about GP4, and some said that it was... o:

I also got confused by the Decrypted Nocd for GP4 1.02 post in this forum, because the downloads "Installation.txt" first line says
GP4 1.02 (with Patch 9.6) Decrypted nocd
which can easily be misunderstood as if the v9.6 patch is already completely included.
What is meant here is that this decrypted file is to be used for the GP4 with Patch 9.6 included - as mortal pointed out above.

While the Patch 9.6 changes of the GP4.exe are included in the "Decrypted Nocd for GP4 1.02" (see the differences to the decrypted nocd for GP4 1.00) there are more changes made by the patch and it has to be installed separately therefore.

mortal schrieb:
> ... The v1.02 nocd afaik only works with the v9.6 patch installed.

My experience does not confirm that.
Mislead by the above installation text I used the "Decrypted Nocd for GP4 1.02" without the installation of Patch 9.6 and it worked.

After kedy89 made me aware of the fact that I hadn't installed the Patch 9.6, I recently made up for it. Though normally you should first install the patch and than exchange the GP4.exe with the decrypted nocd version, I did it the other way around and that also seems to work.
Many changes are made in the Menu.gpm (folder MenuData\PC\GP2001). For some menu testing (GP4 with/without 9.6 patch) I tried exchanging the new and old Menu.gpm and that turned out to be possible.

petrus' gpaedia files

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2013 05:11PM by petrus.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy