Cockpit Dash Functions

Posted by ramf1v 
Cockpit Dash Functions
Date: August 21, 2013 01:01PM
Posted by: ramf1v
Hi guys I'm back in GP4 after a while out, and diddling around with a new cockpit, I can't seem to figure out what these lights are supposed to do in the cockpit_dash.gp4 file.

When using CSM I've never seen the areas highlighted in red change, "Suggested gear_" and "Driver_Status_" on the right, and "LED01_on" and "opposition_spread_" on the left.

Can anyone tell me what triggers these events in game ? and what might be overriding it in CSM ?

thx

F1Dev
Re: Cockpit Dash Functions
Date: August 21, 2013 01:10PM
Posted by: TomMK
They are the same as the original GP4 cockpit.

- The 5 lights on the left are the game mode (rookie, amateur, semipro, pro, ace). You are in rookie mode in this screenshot.

- The diagonal line below it is the opposition spread. There are 3 options (normal / all cars the same / random). You can choose the opposition spread in the game menu options.

- The light on the right is the player car light. It is On when in the player car, it is Off when in any AI car.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: August 21, 2013 01:31PM
lol, that's cleared it up..I suppose helps if you remember to press F6 to turn suggested gear on ;-) I can safely delete the ones on the left and the player light then, not much need for them in game.

Do you know if the functions from the cockpit_wheel.gp4 and the cockpit_dash.gp4 are safely interchangeable ? ie: can I add functions from the wheel to the dash and vice versa without issues ?

thanks.

F1Dev
Date: August 21, 2013 04:01PM
Posted by: TomMK
Not sure, you'll have to try it and find out!

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: August 21, 2013 09:16PM
Posted by: Alessio88
if you can add other info instead of thoso 2 leds and it works it will make even more realistic those cockpits mate.

Greetings
Alessio

CoM3 oN McL4R3n.....:)
Date: August 22, 2013 05:28AM
I'll have a diddle around with it when i get the garages finished, that's just the default 2013 CSM Mod cockpit, no edits yet.

F1Dev
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy