gp4 on WIN 8 solved

Posted by davegp4 
gp4 on WIN 8 solved
Date: July 19, 2013 03:46AM
Posted by: davegp4
done everything in THE GP4FAQ!! For new users, forum guide-links-tutorials,
can someone help with this problem maybe I'm missing something I've disabled boot policy & DEP in win 8 gp4 still stops working after or during a race
is this because I'm running gp4 straight from gpx patch out of a folder off the desk top? I never loaded the game from the disc.
I've also tried turning off firewall & anti virus still gp4 wont let me escape the game it says gp4 has incounted a problem. help!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2013 01:44AM by davegp4.
Re: CAN SOMEONE THATS RUNING gp4 on WIN 8 HELP
Date: July 19, 2013 07:10AM
Posted by: ginnerchris
I'm running on Win 8 on a Lenovo laptop.
I had issues with getting it to load, but once I'd changed the GP4.exe and the gpxpatch.exe to "run as administrator" and "compatibility mode" then I could use it fine. If you use ZAZtools, I think you also need to run these as administrator in compatibility mode too.
I still have the occasional CTD, but I think that is track specific.
Date: July 19, 2013 07:22AM
hey thanks buddy, I've got all the the admin stuff sorted but still the game stops after a while.
I'm not running csm zaz just standard game, do you think I need to load from CD onto hard drive?
at present I'm just going straight from folder on desktop with x patch.
Date: July 20, 2013 09:23AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
If you have installed the game on your desktop you *ARE* on your hard drive.

Did you install 9.6 patch ? Maybe a clean install in Program Files (x86) is required on win8 to have the game to run smoothly.

Date: July 20, 2013 10:15AM
Posted by: kedy89
Don't install it in Program Files or Program Files (x86)! I did this first on my laptop, but then had problems with CSM as the GP4 folder was write protected (even after I changed this in the folder properties).

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: July 22, 2013 04:25AM
sorry for the time lag guys yes thats right I have'nt installed it from CD I draged it to the desk top an ran it straight from there, still it stops after a short while?
any ideas?Dog
i have a problem too ^^

I've installed windows 8 on my macbook pro via bootcamp.
I've copied the game folder in c:/
I set the compatiblity mode on win xp SP3 and run as administrator.
After i started the game with(out) gpxpatch the game wants that i insert the disc...if i dont set the compatiblity mode the game started and the screen is black and it doesnt change...

BMW Sauber Ferrari
Ferrari F10
Virgin Racing
Ferrari F150
Marussia Virgin Racing
Date: July 22, 2013 07:49PM
Posted by: superman77m
The gp4.exe need a cd-dvd drive. I have a network and in the past I had the same problem. Solution, installing a virtual drive program. I use the daemon tools. Install it and then test the game run OK
superman77m schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The gp4.exe need a cd-dvd drive. I have a network
> and in the past I had the same problem. Solution,
> installing a virtual drive program. I use the
> daemon tools. Install it and then test the game
> run OK

yeah
it works :)
thx :)

BMW Sauber Ferrari
Ferrari F10
Virgin Racing
Ferrari F150
Marussia Virgin Racing
Date: July 22, 2013 08:45PM
davegp4 écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sorry for the time lag guys yes thats right I
> have'nt installed it from CD I draged it to the
> desk top an ran it straight from there, still it
> stops after a short while?
> any ideas?Dog

I think you need to install it first so you'll have all the registry keys installed as well.
If it's not possible to install it in Program Files as said Kedy89, just change the path when the game ask you where you want to install it. That's not really important where you install it, it could be on your second partition for example. When the installation is completed and the game fully patched, you will probably be able to use your folder on your desktop to play the game.

@TDL : did you install the no-cd exe ?

Date: July 22, 2013 08:53PM
Posted by: superman77m
With the gp4.exe no-cd u have play without the original cd, but the computer need to have a cd-drive. In my case my netbook haven't got cd unit. The form to make a solution, making a virtual drive.
Date: July 22, 2013 09:52PM
Understood. No-CD just tweak to say there is a CD in the driver, so you need a driver.

Date: July 23, 2013 01:33AM
ok so because I haven't installed the game from CD windows 8 wont run gp4? ( yes the game was patched with 9.6 & no CD + gpx )

so if I download a virtual drive this should trick windows 8 into thinking I've installed gp4? (not in programs of couse)

DogDogDog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2013 01:41AM by davegp4.
Date: July 23, 2013 04:08AM
Posted by: mortal
No. You already said gp4 runs but stops.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: July 23, 2013 04:14AM
ok I'll try these ideas, (B)
Date: July 23, 2013 05:32PM
Posted by: NickJW
There is one magic trick wich works for me. When you install everything for gp4 make sure you run the setup already in windows xp sp3 and administrator mode on(you need to install it in that way because then it will install all the components from the cd). when you want to use one of the installed .exe's, make sure you set the compability mode in windows xp sp3 and run it in administrator mode.

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Date: July 24, 2013 01:25AM
well this is what happened guys, I installed from CD to the desktop set xp sp3 and administrator modes for everything
& yep I have a running GP4 that I can escape out of without crashing! but my PO is a bit 150 - 220 that hurts laptop is
dell inspiron 15r se i7 chip amd 7730m graphic inbeded chip but gp4 only recognizes the HD intel 4000 graphic chip so
is there any way to lower that PO and still run full spec?
Date: July 24, 2013 10:23AM
I doubt you can run full spec with an on-board graphics chip. These chips are not really designed for heavy duty graphics work, and it may well be that the chip is over-heating and the game crashes out on you. This makes some sense as you have said it will run for a while.
Ideally you should have a tower with a decent graphics card with 1GB of memory. Then you can run GP4 with everything maxed out. :-)
Try editing the cards file that lists your graphics card. Worth a try but doubtful it will make a difference. Meanwhile you could always run GP3 in software mode.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: July 25, 2013 01:41AM
thank to all who have replyed the insight is invaluable, the end result is I now have gp4 running on home cpu & laptop mobility.
(B)(B)(B)(H)
Date: July 25, 2013 09:47AM
Tell us how you did it, just for science. :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy