Wads

Posted by playz 
Wads
Date: April 25, 2003 07:31AM
Posted by: playz
Hi guys
Finaly have game going again, but now having troubles installing shapes and liverys.
I know what to do done it heaps but even with gp4 old.exe gpmaster won't install into game. Keep getting message wrong exe, or dummy size.
It is decompiling wad ok but wont put it back together. Found a utility to get editors working with 9.6 but still same message.

Tried wadinst it works for williams and ferrari from Viper but won't work for me. spent hours on trying

Anyone have any clue?

Aaron

Aaron
#34 Martini F1
IGP3 Championship
Re: Wads
Date: April 25, 2003 07:43AM
Posted by: M|st
when u get the prompt source and wadfile, always directed to the file, not the directory,

for example : C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\Backup
C:\Program Files\Infogrames\Grand Prix 4\Backup\cars.wad

i think i explained it wrong :s
Date: April 25, 2003 07:44AM
Posted by: JackieStewart
There's a thread about this somewhere. I think you need to delete all references to GP4 in your registry.
Go to start, run, "regedit" and do a search for GP4. Delete them and then, re-install GP4 and your editors but check the thread if you can

....................I quite like this now.
Date: April 26, 2003 01:01AM
Might be a silly question but if I install normal .tex and I'm using high car texures will they show up in game or only the high res one's?

Aaron

Aaron
#34 Martini F1
IGP3 Championship
Date: April 26, 2003 02:14AM
Posted by: ViperF1
WADInstaller is designed for MOD-Maker so if end-user want to use that tool will be nearly unuseable.
But I'll release a WADInserter this weekend.

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: April 26, 2003 03:26AM
I've release my tool @ f1grandprix.net and gpx.it

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: April 26, 2003 05:58AM
Thanks
You da man!

Aaron
#34 Martini F1
IGP3 Championship
Date: April 26, 2003 11:29PM
Do .tex files have to be read only or archive?
I tried new installer no luck.
Says it has installed it but in game no change.
Tried wad info maker placed tex names in to program and what to replace ie..cars/car minardi_0 etc like (viper) williams checked to see I was doing it the right way. placed txt file in folder with wadin ii + wadin .exe of car I wanted to install no luck either.
32 bit disabled.
Ferrari and williams both installed from viper so I did the same thing for my cars and no go.
Help!

Aaron
#34 Martini F1
IGP3 Championship
Date: April 27, 2003 01:29AM
"/" doesn't equals to "\"

Date: April 27, 2003 05:05AM
at work when sent last msg so didin't have it in front of me but followed your other file setup to a 't' /...\ what ever you used so did I. Like I said followed your lead.

do tex's have to be read only or other?

Why take the piss only asking for help so I can use and recomend your program.

Aaron
#34 Martini F1
IGP3 Championship
Date: April 27, 2003 06:05AM
The words you said above can't I understand well.
I mean do use "/" to mean the path..."\" means path on local computer can if you use "/" , the "/" will be recognized as a part of the file name.
Is doesn't matter if the file is read only or not.The WAD Inserter just read files from the source directory then directly write them into a new WAD file.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy