Trouble using Slimtex

Posted by AUS_Doug 
Trouble using Slimtex
Date: July 15, 2013 10:53AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
So I'd like to resize all the tex files in a mod at once, rather than using 'texresizer' to do them one at a time.
Problem is I can't work out how to use slimtex for anything other than viewing textures.
I can double click on one to open it, but I cant drag anything onto the 'batch to tex' tab.

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,
AUS_Doug

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Re: Trouble using Slimtex
Date: July 15, 2013 12:32PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
I think, you should just click on the 'batch to tex'-tab ;-).

Thereafter you will have an empty list, in which you can drag all files you wish.
Date: July 15, 2013 06:20PM
Posted by: rracunis
Open the Zaz tools folder ( it would be a good idea you have a shortcut in the desktop ) , choose the tab batch to TEX , drag all the files you want to reduce into the screen ( filling the lines with your files ) , then mark all the files and choose on the top the features of the image , e.g. widht , height and so on , convert the files and it will be done . You should first make a backup of the all files , it will avoid troubles .
Hope it helps .
Date: July 16, 2013 02:10AM
But that's the thing; It won't let me drag the files on there.
If I try, I get the circle with a line through it - Which is, I do believe, the universal symbol for 'Don't even try it'

Could it be that I have Zaz tools installed on a different Hard Drive to the install of the game?

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Date: July 16, 2013 02:22AM
Well would you look at that.
I installed Zaz tools onto the Hard Drive where GP4 was located, and now it works.

If I'm just re-sizing textures I don't need to touch the 'flip' and 'mirror' options do I?
EDIT: Turns out I don't need to but, judging by the steering wheel, I may have been a bit overzealous with my choice of aspect ratio:

Cheers,
Doug

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2013 02:59AM by AUS_Doug.
Date: July 16, 2013 03:49AM
Posted by: TomMK
You only need to resize the textures from the Cars, Helmets and Tyres folders really.

The textures of other things are small enough already not to be significant factor in game performance.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: July 16, 2013 08:01AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Even GP2 looks better LOL.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: July 16, 2013 10:17AM
Posted by: ZaZ
It probably didn't allow you to drag because you ran Slimtex as an administrator.
Then your explorer window is running in the user token and then you are not allowed to drag from one token to another because of security.
If you think about it it makes sense.

As for your other problem: Start by sorting on resolution and only select the files in the window that have a (too) high resolution.
Then select to resample them by 1/2

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy