FINALLY!! PROOF GP4 is the most realistic F1 game out there :D

Posted by Ellis 
From Mark Webbers Site :D

Q:
Have you tried any F1 games and if so are any of them realistic? And my second question is where will you be next year ?

Iain Head, Brisbane Australia

MW:
Yeah, I've tried most of the ones that have come out. The best one is Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 4. All the others are pretty much rubbish and aren't realistic enough.

<[www.markwebber.com];

Bet the F1 200x guys will be pissing themselves at that :P

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
sry the link didnt work there, i'll try the url tags..

[www.markwebber.com]

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
On the other hand, he doesn't actually play GP4:

Q:
Do you play GP4 on PC?

danny de Heer, Papendrecht, Netherlands

MW:
No, I don't but I enjoy playing Gran Turismo 3 and Colin McRae Rally on PS2. Aside from the racing games on PS2, I also play FIFA 2002, LMA Manager 2002 and Syphon Filter 2 and 3.

Dave
he doesnt play it doesnt mean he has never played it

i dont play any fifa games...but i have played almost them all

i think no f1 game ld get as close as real life! :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
i think no f1 game ld get as close as real life! :P

You're right. It has to be 3D at least

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Re: FINALLY!! PROOF GP4 is the most realistic F1 game out there :D
Date: October 30, 2002 04:31PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
it would be bloody difficult to drive if it was that realistic

> On the other hand, he doesn't actually play GP4:

I'm sure he has enough of REAL F1 with testing and a grandprix every 2 weeks! Good to see he called it realistic though. I wonder what the arrows drivers thought of it (apparently arrows helped with the development?).

-- Peter.
Er yes, if he'd never played it he wouldn't have grounds for saying it was the most realistic game out there.

However, as someone who can presumably afford any games he wants, it looks like he prefers to play Gran Turismo 3 and Colin McRae Rally on PS2...

Dave
"it would be bloody difficult to drive if it was that realistic"

not really

Jean aleis said in F1Magazine (the ITV one) that anyone can drive an F1 car, just not anyone can drive it fast

GP4 is like this. Anyone can drive round in circles, but not anyone can put in bloody fast lap times

GP4 is like this. Anyone can drive round in circles, but not anyone can put in bloody fast lap times

Thats probably true Ellis. Remember the Silverstone Hotlap Contest? There were about 3 or 4 of us who were challenging for the fastest lap. Most people were about 3 secs off the 1.19. I started with quite an impressive lap, and then somebody went 1 sec quicker.

Shame nobody entered the Spa contest I started :(

He also say he has never played an F1 game on a PC????

He only plays consol "GAMES", therefore I would take anything he says with a pinch of salt...........

Simon.......

btw I do like GP4.......Ellis wrote:
>
> From Mark Webbers Site :D
>
> Q:
> Have you tried any F1 games and if so are any of them
> realistic? And my second question is where will you be next
> year ?
>
> Iain Head, Brisbane Australia
>
> MW:
> Yeah, I've tried most of the ones that have come out. The
> best one is Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 4. All the others are
> pretty much rubbish and aren't realistic enough.
>
> <[www.markwebber.com];
>
> Bet the F1 200x guys will be pissing themselves at that :P
>
>
He also say he has never played an F1 game on a PC????
Where does he say that? He says that he tried GP4 and that is not available on console so he has to have tried it on PC. He may not play it regularly because there's no point in trying to simulate your real life is there? But he's tried it enough to be able to judge it.

He only plays consol "GAMES", therefore I would take anything he says with a pinch of salt...........
Just because he enjoys playing console games doesn't mean he can't judge the realism of F1 simulations on PC.

Face it. GP4 rules!

Larry wrote:
>
> He also say he has never played an F1 game on a PC????
> Where does he say that? He says that he tried GP4 and that is
> not available on console so he has to have tried it on PC. He
> may not play it regularly because there's no point in trying
> to simulate your real life is there? But he's tried it enough
> to be able to judge it.
>
> He only plays consol "GAMES", therefore I would take
> anything he says with a pinch of salt...........

> Just because he enjoys playing console games doesn't mean he
> can't judge the realism of F1 simulations on PC.
>
> Face it. GP4 rules!
>
>

Yes I play and like GP4 alot indeed........
But face facts, either he has lied about playing GP4??, or he has got confused.......... Read the review mate.......he hasn't played GP4 on PC, and it aint out on Consol.......... I bet he got confused and meant F12002..

lol............

Simon.
Saying that someone is lying or is confused is quite a convenient cop-out when you don't agree with something.

Q:
Hey Mark, have you ever played Grand Prix Legends on PC and what do you think of it? I've just started to race against others online and I've never seen a racing sim like this before!

Bas ananas, Vlaardingen

MW:
Yeah, I've played it. It's very similar to driving a Formula Ford in real life and gives you respect for the racing in those days - how dangerous it was.

Is he confused or lying about this too? Maybe you should read the interview,Simon.

Saying he only plays consol games doesnt mean he has never played GP4 on the PC.

i dont play PS2 games...yet i have plyaed them before.

know what i mean?

erm. yah :P

racing games and first person shooters = crap on consoles, good on pc :D

team sports(ie nhl, soccer, rugby) = good on consoles, crap on pc( well not crap but they arent as good

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
i always found the football games i'e fifa 2000, 2001 , 2002 etc better on pc because of the higher resolutions

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
G'day all...

Here here. Altho I'm not a fan of sporting games I can go outside and play anyway. So obviously I enjoy the F1 games :-D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy