StrategyMaster 1.0 [RELEASED]

Posted by klausfeldmann 
StrategyMaster 1.0 [RELEASED]
Date: June 29, 2013 01:31AM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
StrategyMaster by Klaus Feldmann

As you may know, in modern times all F1-teams use special and very complex computer simulations to calculate the best possible tactics for the races. To get something equal, I started working on these kind of tools as well. The result: StrategyMaster! It takes about 15 minutes in free practice to use it in an optimum way.

It's a simple worksheet. In fact, it cannot calculate all possible scenarios, but it works quite fine. I used it for a few races now, and am quite happy with it. At least I won't got beaten just due to bad tactics from now. The tool seems to confirm some player's impressions, that 1-stopper aren't on the best tactics very often ;-).

In future I play to add more and more features to it, so that finally we'll get a semi-professional tool for TacticManagement ;-).

EDIT:
Oh, by the way: You can find a tutorial, how to use it, within the worksheet ;-).

Download here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2013 01:37AM by klausfeldmann.
Re: StrategyMaster 1.0 [RELEASED]
Date: June 29, 2013 01:37AM
Posted by: Pietro60
Thank you very mych.

Bye.

[gp4international.mastertopforum.eu]
Support Forum and Backup Gp4 International
[grandprix4.mastertopforum.com]
Date: June 29, 2013 01:54AM
Posted by: nicki87
Thanks a lot klaus! :) Very interesting tool :)
Date: June 29, 2013 04:14AM
Posted by: kerleyf1
Very nice tool. Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: June 29, 2013 04:15AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Well done mate.. brilliant!
Date: June 29, 2013 08:52AM
Posted by: spencer4242
The program would say that 1-stoppers weren't the best..! What it doesn't take into account is that you could be ahead of them and hold them up for 20 laps, thus meaning they have 20 less laps to build a pitstop over you..! Hence whenever you stick it on pole at monaco, 1 stop is the way to go! Preferably at 40% distance too, waiting til halfway would be worse as they're more likely to jump you ;)

There are so many variables to work on, but great idea and great start! (Y)

"Anything can happen in Grand Prix racing, and it usually does."
"The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical."
Date: June 29, 2013 11:31AM
Thanks @ everyone for feedback (Y).

This tool is made for 100% races especially, but of course it can also be used for races with less length for sure ;-). The less length your race has got, the better 1-stopp-strategies will get, of course ;-).

@spencer4242:
Yep, as one of the next things, I'll try to implement grid positions and possibillities to hold up other cars or even 'getting into traffic' after an early stop. That won't be easy to implement. In any case the user will have to give a value to calculate the overtaking likelihood of the current track. At the moment I think of values from 0 to 1. With a value of 1 it might be veeeery easy to overtake, maybe even an advantage by driving in traffic, like Indy 500-track. Monza would 0.8 and Monaco would be 0.1 I think.
This feature would especially be highly usefull if it would calculate the ccCars-speed as well. So I have to implement the performance file in some way as well ;-).

Will be an exciting tool in future for sure (Y)!
Date: June 29, 2013 03:36PM
Posted by: Atticus.
Wow, looks like a pretty complex tool and that's a positive because it shows great attention to detail.

Thanks.
Date: June 29, 2013 04:49PM
Posted by: gezere
Thank you by sharing your tool which looks useful.(Y)

I did something like that some years ago which also took into account the loss of time due to the tyres performance all along a run.
However, I tried to find it on my HD but... no chance. It seems it has been oriented to the bin :(

So As you said you are going to implement new features, I think that tyres performance is one which is very important to do.
Thanks by advance :-)

Date: June 29, 2013 05:43PM
Thanks again for further feedback (Y).

If you have any suggestions and wishes of new features to implement for future versions, just tell it. I'll see what I'll be able to implement then ;-).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy