Re: F1 2009 - The Brawn Saga
Date: June 28, 2013 02:10AM
Posted by: mortal
That's about the strength of it mate unfortunately. You could spend hours re-working all the lods and textures and all for nothing.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 28, 2013 02:45AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
You might possibly be able to stretch it to run the 2009 cars but you'd have no chance with the super hi-res 2013 cars and tracks.

Even then the quality would be so limited that it would hardly be worth the effort.

Unfortunately as has been stated your best bet is to go for a more powerful machine.

I've got some money currently set aside to build a PC to principally play GP4, such is my love of the game.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: June 28, 2013 03:28AM
Posted by: GP_maniac
Unfortunately I have not got the luxury

The 09 mod works for me but have not got the time to lower all mods

After only recently buying the laptop my best bet could be to put it for sale online recoup some of my money

Then buy a desktop with a good CPU and a mother @#$%& off graphics card for kinda cheap

The misses might not be happy
Date: June 28, 2013 07:59AM
Posted by: TomMK
Sounds like it's time to buy her some flowers to distract her from the laptop shinanagans... (G)(H)

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: June 28, 2013 09:03AM
Posted by: spencer4242
Don't give up just yet!

Extract your cars.wad with wadupdater or something similar, delete lod 0 and lod 2, then copy lod 1 and call it lod 0, and copy lod 3 and call it lod 2. (There are various different operations you can do, the point is that the higher lods are replaced by the less detailed lods. If you really wanted you could replace them all with lod4..!)

It's hard to explain, but pretty simple to actually do..!

Then for the textures, open each .tex file with TexResizer (or slimtex if you prefer) and reduce the size, and overwrite the .tex file...

Even your laptop should be able to cope with that! (Y)

"Anything can happen in Grand Prix racing, and it usually does."
"The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical."
Date: June 28, 2013 12:24PM
All my tex files are have are only available in the mods that I have downloaded

I have not figured out how to resize the tex files from that as I have no actual downloaded files

Unless I do it all from the start
Date: June 29, 2013 01:36AM
Posted by: mortal
Open a tex file from an existing mod and you will see the size of it. Then you can batch them to a smaller size. Backup the originals first.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 29, 2013 11:07AM
I have no idea how to access the tex files from a mod?
Date: June 29, 2013 12:33PM
In the main GP4 directory there will be a folder named GPSAVES, inside will be another folder named carsets, this folder will be where any CSM mods that you've installed will be.

Now go into one of these mod folders and there will be a bunch of folders in there, there will be one for cars, helmets, tyres and all sorts of others.

Explore the one named cars, this folder will contain all of the necessary tex and lod files for whichever cars are included in the mod.

The cars folder is usually organised into different folders for each team, and within them, spilt again for textures, and then the actual car shapes.

In whichever team you choose open one of these tex files and you'll see it appear on screen.

Now change the tab in slimtex to 'batch to TEX' and in there you can drag and drop files that you want to reduce in size.

In this case it might be a good idea to do a little test run, so drag and drop the file that you've already opened with Slimtex, into the big white box that you'll see in the 'batch to Tex' section.

Do this and the file should appear in the list, with details of it's name, image type, transparency, and size and such displayed.

Select this file and then using the options available reduce it'size to half of whatever it was before.

Now to save the file, make sure whatever you do you select a different output path, otherwise you'll overwrite this file and on this occasion that isn't what we want to do.

In the top left corner there will be the option to save to another output path, tick the box and then choose the pathway to be your desktop.

Then hit save and slimtex will, if everything has been done correctly, create a new version of the particular tex file you used, now reduced to the size that you chose earlier, onto your desktop.

And that is how to reduce the size of a file using slimtex.

Using slimtex and the 'batch to Tex' function it is possible to reduce the size of all of the tex files in a entire mods almost instantaneously.

Date: June 30, 2013 10:42AM
Once I've got all the new tex files created how can i load them through a mod

Back up existing ones then paste new ones over em
Date: June 30, 2013 09:22PM
If you think there's any need to back them up then sure, if not you could just save them straight over.

Instead of directing slimtex to use a different output path just make sure the box is unticked.

Date: July 01, 2013 05:49PM
if I change the size of the file how would that impact it on the game if the image size is smaller
Date: July 01, 2013 06:12PM
Well the smaller textures will have lower quality in game.

That's the price you have to pay if you want to be able to run the newer cars and helmets.

Date: July 01, 2013 06:36PM
What I mean is that it won't lead to missing areas on graphics in the game

It's just reducing the file size effectively

Once I've hit the convert button does it automatically overwrite
Date: July 01, 2013 06:48PM
No it shouldn't do, your not changing the mapping just the actually texture.

Yes that's correct, it'll convert all of the files that you've got in your batch to tex tab and that've you've changed the size of.

Date: July 01, 2013 06:58PM
Would this also solve the white car issue I have

2009 mod works fine but not the 2013

Also the 09 mod has alot of different car tex for different tracks is that an issue

Also I can only load the game trough csm otherwise I just get black screen
Date: July 01, 2013 07:09PM
I'm not sure why you'd have a white car issue unless you're missing the corresponding textures.

Each I those textures is for a specific race so yes you would need to reduce those in size too.

Again I'm not sure what the problem could be.

You'd be best running GP4 via the latest version of GPXPatch in debug mode at high vibrosity, then posting a new thread here with the error log.

I'm sure someone will be able to find some way to solve your problem.

Date: July 01, 2013 08:01PM
I do not see how I am missing textures when I downloaded the latest 2013 Mod
Date: July 01, 2013 08:07PM
Posted by: spencer4242
Do you have the official patch installed?

"Anything can happen in Grand Prix racing, and it usually does."
"The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical."
Date: July 01, 2013 08:28PM
yes I do
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy