GPxPatch 4.22 [released]

Posted by SDI 
Re: GPxPatch 4.22 [released]
Date: October 01, 2013 05:57PM
Posted by: alex-139
Hi René. Can you please make ''Replay indicator'' and ''Speed Trap'' for Digital 2010 mode, if you have time?
And another question: the ''P'' indicator (InPit) seems to only briefly (1 second). Why?
Thank you!
Date: October 02, 2013 12:31PM
Posted by: SDI
DJSKYLINE Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I forgot. How do I adjust the size of the
> standings when you press "9". It takes up alot of
> my screen so i want that smaller. Thanks

You can reduce the number of drivers with Shift+Tab (can be changed in keys.ini on the line with PanelSizeLess).

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: October 02, 2013 12:53PM
alex-139 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi René. Can you please make ''Replay indicator''
> and ''Speed Trap'' for Digital 2010 mode, if you
> have time?
> And another question: the ''P'' indicator (InPit)
> seems to only briefly (1 second). Why?
> Thank you!

I don't have much time currently :(

The pit indicator is something I read from the game itself. If you are using mods to change the pit behavior of cars in non-race sessions, this can be affected. I used to check if the car is in the pit lane, but now I check if the car is 'inactive'. If I remember correctly, this is either being invisible, or standing still in the pit box with the monitor down.

Date: January 30, 2014 07:43AM
Posted by: TomMK
René - do you think a future version of GPxTrack could extract the .bin files from the track .wad and place them in the Grand Prix 4\MAPS folder?

It would fix the dry parts of a wet track (i.e. under bridges and in tunnels). See here for example.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: February 03, 2014 08:13PM
I have no plans to extract files from the .wad file automatically. In the case of the .bin file, it is read from disk because it is needed to determine the dry areas before the .wad file has been opened (end of .dat file loading/parsing).

There's another way to define the dry areas, and that is to use the 0xD9 track command to define those areas. Not sure if Lo2k already added support for it to GP4Builder.

Date: February 03, 2014 10:24PM
Posted by: Lo2k
There's another way to define the dry areas, and that is to use the 0xD9 track command to define those areas. Not sure if Lo2k already added support for it to GP4Builder.
It was added in latest GP4Builder release indeed :)

Date: February 03, 2014 11:24PM
Posted by: TomMK
If the 0xD9 commands are used, does the game ignore the MAPS .bin file?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: February 08, 2014 05:07PM
@Lo2k: great, thanks!

@TomMK: looking at the code, they are cumulative/merged, so you can use either way or both.

Date: February 08, 2014 11:31PM
Posted by: auscain
I started using the D9 Command immediately after the release of GP4 Builder 1.912 XE. Thank you very much for making it available.
One scenario where I have applied it is under a walkway bridge. I used only 1 sector. The preceding and previous sectors have a nice sector fade transition.

So I wondered if we could use the D9 command for 0 sectors under the bridge to give only 2 sector fade transition instead of no rain under the bridge, realizing that under the bridge will get wet. An interesting thing happened, the game automatically opted to use soft slick tires instead of wet tires and the racetrack is dry throughout the entire track with overcast skies and horizon, yet the pitlane is wet. (100% rain as was preselected). It seems to me that -1 sectors D9 command will give you dry track also.
Date: February 09, 2014 06:48PM
If you pass 0 sectors to D9 it won't do anything. Maybe GP4Builder translates it to -1? In that case it will be interpreted as 65535 sectors and it will make the whole track dry (once it goes beyond the last sector, it wraps to the first sector). If you can send me the track, I can debug it for you.

Date: February 10, 2014 12:12AM
Yes you're quite correct SDI. I must've had 2 D9 commands on that test and of course one of them had to be -1 sectors. Thank you again for the discovery and the information regarding -1 sectors with the D9 command. I can certainly send you the track. Allow me some time to put a package together.

Do you think at this stage it will be possible to have some rain under the bridge instead of completely dry for 1 sector? Do you know what textures are being looked for by the game to create the wet track surface;)
Date: February 10, 2014 01:50AM
It doesn't seem possible to have '0' dry sectors. The textures I don't know. There's also command E0, which also sets the sector to dry, but does additional stuff including something related to texture.

Date: February 10, 2014 02:19AM
The E0 Command is interesting to me because that's probably what I'm looking for when I talk about the fade. Is it possible E0 is switching the textures for the transition than?
Date: February 10, 2014 07:37PM
It's really hard to tell from the code what E0 does exactly. According to the GP3 track editing command library, it's used to designate the area under a bridge, which includes shadow and a dry zone. I'm not sure if these texture commands still do something in GP4.

Date: February 11, 2014 06:20AM
I understand thanks for your time on this SDI and you actually gave me a clue of what to do to help the transition of the D9 command.
I quickly built a faded transparent shadow texture and added that to the bridge shadow texture. It looks not bad and I will give it some more effort when I have some more time. I still think the D9 command is too long to be used under a bridge. It would be good for this use in my opinion if we could make it only half of a sector long.
Date: February 12, 2014 08:37PM
I see no possibility to reduce the effect to half a sector.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy