car painting help please

Posted by thehornet 
car painting help please
Date: June 16, 2013 05:42PM
Posted by: thehornet
i am just nearly finished painting my first car but the question i have is...are there any newer car templates with psd file like the smg02 about,there maybe but not sure what i need to look for in search engine.any help would give me a better understand on what im learning so far.thanks
Re: car painting help please
Date: June 16, 2013 05:50PM
Posted by: alexf1man
Hello :-) sounds good, what car are you doing? I have no idea about templates, think you would need to ask whoever did the livery originally ;)

Robert Kubica - 2011 . . . My liveries page . . . Imageshack . . . You can find me on Twitter
Date: June 16, 2013 06:05PM
ive started doing the twr arrows as there seems to be loads of pics of this car to go by
Date: June 16, 2013 06:53PM

i dont think its that bad for a first try
Date: June 16, 2013 10:38PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Not bad at all! Just a couple of pointers...
- Don't be tempted to do a straight copy+paste of a skin from another car - Use the ideas but scratch-paint the particular car for best results.
- The orange logo on the side isn't that high a quality. If you can download a vector version of a sponsor logo then recolour it, that provides better quality ;)
- Look for a template with a wireframe - it makes it SO much easier to align colours on different parts of the car :)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2013 10:40PM by smoglessbutton4.
Date: June 17, 2013 05:48AM
thank you very much for the advice and it has been noted,its great to get advice from you guys that do this all the time,i will improve this even more for sure but at the mo im happy to have completed this and find it works(H) thanks again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy