Distances

Posted by mansell92 
Distances
Date: April 22, 2003 10:42AM
Posted by: mansell92
I recently updated all my cars to 2003 spec and the results are pretty impressive - apart from one thing! When cars reach a certain distance away from the camera they resort to the original carshapes and the liveries screw up (its particularly bad with Renault and McLaren). Any advice on how to fix this? How can I edit RCR distances?
Re: Distances
Date: April 23, 2003 04:43AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
USE GPX Patch - under RCR Distances ;)

Date: April 23, 2003 04:48AM
Posted by: Vader
You can't edit the RCR distances for GP4 (at least not last time I looked). Mansell92's problem is related to high res and lo res car shapes and lods and stuff. I recommend to do a search on this forum, since this topic has been discussed before. Otherwise you'll have to wait until some of the carshape edit people come in to answer this. I have no ******************** idea.

Post Edited (04-23-03 12:53)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 23, 2003 05:01AM
Posted by: Zjokke
copy & rename the provided lod_0.gp4 files to 1 2 3 en 4 (some shapes also need 35
copy & rename the hires textures (name starts with hi_) to lowres textures
ex. : hi_williams.tex to williams.tex

A lot of the 2003 cars are missing lod's en lowres textures !!!!

When this is done your problem should be finished !!!!
Date: April 25, 2003 12:51PM
Thanks Zjokke, that trick worked a treat and everything's fine now!

A couple of other questions though. I haven't updated Sauber and Minardi yet because they simply don't work! I notice they only have 3 texture files whereas the new ones have 4 - what's the deal with this?
Date: April 25, 2003 02:03PM
Posted by: Alex13
yeah but the textures are very big and they slow down the game

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: April 25, 2003 02:33PM
Do you mean the old Minardi/Sauber has 3 tex files and the new 4 (both in hi and lowres?)

Always use the .tex and .gp4 files from the new car

if a .gp4 (lod) is missing, copy the one from a lower lod (lower lod level = closer to your car)

The number of texfiles is not important. It's a choice that's been made by the designer of the car (some shapes include a seperated body.tex - stores the drivers outfit in the car)

Just insert the new textures (make backup of your last working cars.wad)

good luck !!!! (and let me now if you don't understand something)
Date: April 25, 2003 02:38PM
@ Alex13,

I don't have problems with a slowdown. I copied all the lod_0.gp4 files from every team over the other ones and I don't loose any speed.

I have a P3-600 - Geforce 4 ti4200-128Mb and 768 Mb RAM - WinXp-pro SP1

I think this is because the huge amound of ram
Always been running at 14 fps in 1024*768

Ps. Turn off the opponent enginesounds (advansed menu, set it to zero)
(I gained 7 pfs with that !!!!)
Date: April 28, 2003 09:49AM
Hi Zjokke, sorry to bother you again but.....

I can insert the shapes for Minardi and Sauber fine....it's the textures. I just get white cars! You posted this reply concerning the same issue a little while ago I noticed;

"Re: Surprise!!!
Author: Zjokke
Date: 04-21-03 09:16

@ sharkhello,

The most probable reason for the carproblems is the fact that some of the textuires ere missing for low resolution gaming

What you have to do :

- For the Toyota (prost slot) : Copy & rename the three Hi_prost_x.tex (where x is the number) to prost_x.tex
- Make sure you have all the lod (.gp4 files) : 0 to 4, both car 1 & 2
(you can always copy & rename from lod0

- For the Minardi : Do the same : copy every hi_xxxxx.tex to xxxxx.tex
- Make sure that all the lod's are included (idem copy & rename)
- I thing The minardi slot needs an LOD_35.gp4"

Trouble is that doesn't work for me - The carhsapes look great just no liveries.

I've got a PIV 2.26GHz, Geforce4 MX440 64MB, 512DDR RAM and WinXP - so my machine isn't exactly a heap of junk! The game also suggests running at 30fps. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong? I'd just like to point out that every other 2003 car is working like a dream.....just not Sauber and Minardi!

Oh, a less urgent problem - I can't get rid of Panis's helmet at BAR and Yoong's at Minardi for some reason.

Thanx!
Date: April 28, 2003 10:48AM
Posted by: Xero
Mansell92....

The problem with the Yoong and Panis helmet is the patch. You will find a folder under the GP4 directory called 'cars'. Replace all the driver files in there with the ones you have in your cars.wad.

Date: April 28, 2003 11:03AM
@mansell92,

Can you tell me witch version of Minardi / Sauber (who designed the car)you are using?

I'll download the car and have a look at it
Date: April 28, 2003 11:30AM
Sure, both Herman Cordes's and Masuzoh's version of the Minardi and Marcelo Ribeiro's Sauber don't like my computer! The fact that none of these works makes me pretty sure that their cars are fine - must be me or my comp!
Date: April 28, 2003 11:49AM
Posted by: b-tone
Marcelo Ribeiro's Sauber works for me.
but no 2003 minardi does.

i've got a 2002 one now.(schroeder and Nicola Acciarri i htink)

(the 94 williams doesnt work either)
Date: April 28, 2003 12:30PM
Posted by: matt
sauber by fusion on gpx.it is the best so far although it hasnt got yellow and red mirrors to separate the drivers.only thing you have to download his renault at the same time and separate the tex files.doesnt help having no english instructions either but its fairly simple enough
Date: April 28, 2003 12:41PM
Posted by: Spike02
someone say sauber? expect great things!! :D

Date: April 28, 2003 12:58PM
Posted by: b-tone
but when ???!?
Date: April 28, 2003 01:00PM
Posted by: Spike02
not for a while, i just started the shape 3 days ago....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy