Melbourne 2013 [WIP]

Posted by ramf1v 
Re: Melbourne 2013 [WIP]
Date: May 01, 2013 02:19PM
Posted by: ramf1v
These are the current Melbourne fence styles, I still have a couple more to model and render to complete the set.

F1Dev
Date: May 01, 2013 07:48PM
Posted by: gezere
Really a nice job Richard!!!(Y)

Date: May 01, 2013 09:47PM
Thx Bernard.....:-)

F1Dev
Date: May 02, 2013 12:37AM
Posted by: tojepo
very realistic !
great job (Y)
Date: May 02, 2013 12:46AM
Posted by: Soutsen
Nice birdie :-)

Date: May 02, 2013 05:12AM
Posted by: auscain
There are a few places at Bathurst circuit where they have used a very similar fence style. Looks to me like the same manufacturer which wouldn't surprise me. In my travels I will try and find the photos you need. (Is that fly dirt or an ant's footprint?)
Date: May 02, 2013 12:38PM
auscain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are a few places at Bathurst circuit where
> they have used a very similar fence style. Looks
> to me like the same manufacturer which wouldn't
> surprise me. In my travels I will try and find
> the photos you need. (Is that fly dirt or an
> ant's footprint?)

Similar isn't the same ;-)

It's the footprints of the bugs that live on ants :)

Close enough and high enough resolution to see the smallest detail that needs modeling, also far enough to see proportion...good lighting, good focus, all angles covered, etc ....at least 12 megapixels (4000x3000) if possible.
Photo's taken from a practical perspective , not an aesthetic one, no grinning marshals stood right in front of a detail...and as clear a background as possible.
Here's a couple from my Melbourne reference folder as an example....by travels do you mean you can actually get to the track with a camera ?

F1Dev
Date: May 02, 2013 09:08PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Amazing details!:p
Date: May 04, 2013 07:30PM
Posted by: auscain
ramf1v
Close enough and high enough resolution to see the smallest detail that needs modeling, also far enough to see proportion...good lighting, good focus, all angles covered, etc ....at least 12 megapixels (4000x3000) if possible.
Photo's taken from a practical perspective , not an aesthetic one, no grinning marshals stood right in front of a detail...and as clear a background as possible.
Here's a couple from my Melbourne reference folder as an example....by travels do you mean you can actually get to the track with a camera ?

Of course, I knew all too well what you're looking for in regard to photos.
It's entirely possible that I could visit Eastern Creek and Bathurst with a camera June 2014 with no correlation to any event unfortunately. Melbourne is not on the cards. I should also explain that I was not really thinking about editing the database for melborne except for the fences to enable your textures. You will need to send the background photo you would like me to work from for the fences. I don't really like the idea of editing someone else's track.dat. In regard to the laser scanning and stuff, in the end is it only as accurate as the interpretation of the available information. In other words rFactor did a laser scan of Oran Park and I can tell you it was only a close representation. As I'm finding in Eastern Creek, it is very difficult to do if you have never seen the circuit or if you have actually raced at the circuit so because of this I will be sending the easterncreek.data for testing and feedback so I can adjust accordingly.
Date: May 04, 2013 07:57PM
Don't worry, I'm on top at the .dat editing now...I just applied a little patience :)
I compared Codemasters track to GP4's, and the differences were so minor it seemed pointless to rebuild it, I did anyway just to learn the process.
The fence layout is pretty much done, but thanks anyway.

I sync an onboard video to the track in Max, so I get a better view of details, it may help to build elevations. I still need to perfect the method but it's pretty accurate way of doing things.

I can easily match on onboard video of Eastern Creek to a lap of of your dat, there's probably more I can do in Max to emphasize the elevations, just haven't got round to it. ;-)

F1Dev
Date: May 06, 2013 06:14PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I might have a few photos, I don't have access to my 2008, 2010 and 2011 Melbourne photos over here, but will sort through my 2012 photos in a day or two and see if I find anything of use!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 07, 2013 12:03PM
Posted by: Soutsen
Every single time when I look at even the smallest examples of works of this guy under the name of ramf1v, I'm getting to the state of being assured like... uhhhh, so we have finally a man who can easily create a GP5 the game in a couple of days ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2013 12:06PM by Soutsen.
Date: May 08, 2013 02:26PM
Ed
I might have a few photos, I don't have access to my 2008, 2010 and 2011 Melbourne photos over here, but will sort through my 2012 photos in a day or two and see if I find anything of use!

Thx Ed , but the photo's I posted were an example of the quality I need to build detailed fencing for Bathurst, or any other track for that matter....still I'll never turn down offers of good reference :-)
I'm having trouble finding good shots of the Rolex Adverts for 2013, I have some but they are a bit on the grainy/blurry side.

Soutsen
Every single time when I look at even the smallest examples of works of this guy under the name of ramf1v, I'm getting to the state of being assured like... uhhhh, so we have finally a man who can easily create a GP5 the game in a couple of days ;)

Thk dude, sometimes I wonder if it's worth putting all the extra detail in .....and it would take a bit more than a couple of days, ;-) but I don't have the time or resources to work more than a few hours a week on this at the mo' and I'm being distracted by Asseto Corsa....still if GP5 ever gets developed.... I'm available for hire :)

F1Dev
Date: May 14, 2013 05:53PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I took quite a few photos of the Rolex adverts at Barcelona, I'll send them over later - it won't help for the walls but hopefully can help for the bridges.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 14, 2013 11:03PM
Cheers ED, no rush...I'm all over the place a the mo' ...trying to relocate to London.

F1Dev
Date: June 14, 2013 01:34PM
Does anyone have shots of the "inside" of Melbourne garages ? I have literally hundreds of photo's taken from the outside of the garages looking in, but not a single one from the inside of the garages looking out.
I'm modeling the detail interior and hit my usual "lack of good reference / frustration / impatience" mode :-(

thanks in advance.

Ed...save meeeeeeeeeeeeee! :-)

F1Dev
Date: August 31, 2013 03:10PM
Posted by: Pont
any news?
Date: September 01, 2013 09:10AM
Check my FB page for updates, there's been some progress but I've not had any time to work on this recently. Improved Pitlane detail and re-modelling of Pit buildings is about the only progress.

[www.facebook.com]

F1Dev
Date: September 01, 2013 10:14AM
Posted by: Pont
fantastic track, i hope it will be released soon! (Y)
Date: September 01, 2013 11:25AM
It's a complete rebuild not just a "texture update" so it may take some time ;-)

F1Dev
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy