Track specific physics in CSM?

Posted by Bruce D 
Track specific physics in CSM?
Date: April 09, 2013 02:33PM
Posted by: Bruce D
Like the title says, is it possible to have track specific physics in a CSM mod? All cars can use the same physics on each track but it changes from track to track.
Re: Track specific physics in CSM?
Date: April 09, 2013 03:32PM
Posted by: SDI
It's technically not possible to make the game use different physics for each track or for each team. You'll have to restart GP4 between driving on each track, using the different physics for each launch.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: April 09, 2013 03:54PM
Well thats fine because I'd want to change car textures between races too, so restarting would be fine, I'm just trying to find out if you can have a physics file for track 1 and then another for track 2, etc, like you can set CSM to track specific car shapes and textures.
Date: April 09, 2013 05:02PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
You can do it with GPxPatch and CSM. CSM swaps the physics files of the tracks to the gpxdata data folder and GPxPatch picks a track specific physics file when a certain track is selected.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: April 09, 2013 05:11PM
Thanks Turbo Lover I'll check that out. I actually found a old thread that spoke about how to change the performances to be track specific and I thought that the same could be applied to the physics because like you say it just controls whats in the gpxpatch folder.
Date: April 09, 2013 05:32PM
As far as GPxPatch is concerned, performance files can be specified for each track, and the one used is based on the track selection in-game. But the same is not true for physics files or car shapes. It's possible that CSM has a setting to swap a physics file in gpxpdata based on the track selection in CSM, but this I know nothing about.

Date: April 09, 2013 11:36PM
Posted by: gitanes
It is the same mimic as for loading track-specific performance files with CSM.

Lets assume that you have all track-specific performance and physics files in your mod's Data\Performance directory named Perf_Melbourne.txt, Physics_Melbourne.g3p etc.
You will have to do the following:

1. Your swap.ini must contain
[SwapFolder]
Folder1 =Performance,gpxpdata
This swaps the entire Performance directory of your mod into the gpxpdata directory of your GP4 installation.

2. Your MergeINI.lst must contain
Files\Merge\gpxset.txt,gpxpdata\gpxset.ini
This merges the contents of the file gpxset.txt in your mod's Data\Files\Merge directory with the contents of the file gpxset.ini of the gpxpdata directory of your GP4 installation.

3. In the Data\Files\Merge directory of your mod there must exist a file named gpxset.txt containing:
[PerfManager]
Path =gpxpdata\Perf_%trackname%.txt
[PhysicsManager]
Path =gpxpdata\Physics_%trackname%.g3p

CSM will replace the %trackname% variable with the name of the selected track (Melbourne) changing the above lines to
[PerfManager]
Path =gpxpdata\Perf_Melbourne.txt
[PhysicsManager]
Path =gpxpdata\Physics_Melbourne.g3p
then will merge it to the gpxset.ini file, telling gpxpatch to load that specific performance and physics files.

My personal GP4 files at : www.4shared.com ______ My Blog at : Gitanes GP4 work

* Performance Files * LoadingScreens GoogleMaps * GP4 Tracks and Cars Databases
Date: April 10, 2013 12:15AM
Oh nice, a generic copy :) So you select the track in CSM?

The way you copy the performance files, a restart of GP4 is needed for them too, to take effect. GPxSet has a way of specifying all performance files for each track directly, by using the slot number after Path, e.g. Path01=... for the first slot. Not sure if there's a macro for track slot that expands to 01 to 17 though.

Date: April 10, 2013 07:46AM
Thanks gitanes for that detailed help, much appreciated! From my limited knowledge of CSM that's pretty much how I understood it worked, but not in that much detail, saved me quite a bit of time. :D
Date: April 10, 2013 11:29PM
Posted by: gitanes
@SDI, yes i select the track in CSM (in my globalvars.ini over the mods configurables) and load a single track every time!
I also use this to set other trackspecific aspects, like weather, tyres etc.
Works fine!

My personal GP4 files at : www.4shared.com ______ My Blog at : Gitanes GP4 work

* Performance Files * LoadingScreens GoogleMaps * GP4 Tracks and Cars Databases
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy