Newbie help: 1991 mod installation

Posted by james7609 
Newbie help: 1991 mod installation
Date: March 31, 2013 02:17PM
Posted by: james7609
Hi there,

Wondered if anybody can help me.

I've recently acquired a windows laptop to test the game prior to me building a bespoke box dedicated to GP4 (see my other thread).

I purchased GP4, installed it, patched it, and it runs well (currently spec considered).

My issues arise when I install the 1991 mod (essentially the only mod I ever want to use - it have all my all time fave drivers in it etc :)

So, I've patched with 9.6 to 1.02.
Swapped the decrypted .exe
Installed gpxpatch 4.0
Installed zaz tool (csm and tsm)
Double clicked to install plus track pack
Double clicked to install 1991 track pack
Double clicked to install 1991 updated track pack v2
Double clicked to install 1991 mod
Double clicked to install the 1991 mod update
tweaked the settings in csm (commentary on, rookie mode etc.)
Was unsure which track pack selection to click on in csm (1991 real, 1991 alt or 1991 mod specific)

When I run the game it works, however numerous tracks fail to load and crash the game.

Typically Imola works and looks great, but it's sometime the old circuit version (with tamborello) other times it's the more recent!

I've also got a track pack with what is meant to be the completed Pheonix, Adelaid and Mexico City circuits. but I can seem to make them work :(

Hopefully, I'm just being thick and will happily take any advice you have.

Q: is there anyway to install the 1991 mod and tracks once, then run the game from that point on purely in 1991 mode? As currently to only way I can get it to run is via csm and it appears to re mod the game ever time I start the game!

Q: can anybody provide me with an installed version of the game with the 1991 mod and tracks in place? (Big ask I know, but it's driving me up the wall!)
Re: Newbie help: 1991 mod installation
Date: March 31, 2013 05:11PM
Posted by: SDI
You should update GPxPatch to 4.01 and it will work.
Date: March 31, 2013 09:44PM
Posted by: james7609
perfect SDI! Thanks. All sorted now :)

Q: is there a trick to speed up gaming loading?

Q: can I make a mod/track file dupe of my installation to play on my next computer would would I have to re install everything piece by piece again?

Thanks for your help

Best - James
Date: March 31, 2013 10:25PM
Posted by: SDI
You can deselect "auto restore" in File -> Options. Then it won't restore automatically after GP4 ends. Then you can also make a copy with explorer if you wish. But on another computer I think you also need some registry keys to be present.
Date: April 02, 2013 07:27PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
james7609 écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
[...]
>
> Q: can I make a mod/track file dupe of my
> installation to play on my next computer would
> would I have to re install everything piece by
> piece again?
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Best - James

A full install is needed (for the registry question), but then you can copy/paste your previous GP4 folder somewhere on your computer and play with it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy