GPxPatch 4.00 RELEASE

Posted by opa 
Re: GPxPatch 4.00 RELEASE
Date: April 01, 2013 10:18PM
Posted by: SDI
Honestly, a week ago GPxSound crashed for me in the same way it did for you, for no apparent reason. I changed some unrelated things and then it suddenly disappeared again and I didn't pay further attention to it. It could be a very hard to find bug with a nasty side effect, and the fact that I can't reproduce it anymore makes it even harder.

Does GPxPatch 4.00 work with GP3?

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: April 01, 2013 10:25PM
If you have multiple processor cores or hyperthreading, could you select GP4 to be run on CPU 0? (can be set on the main GPxPatch tab).

Date: April 01, 2013 10:44PM
Posted by: quickslick
i never tried gpxpatch 4.0 because i've read about the error messages of this version and gpxpatch 4.01 don't works with any of the cpu settings in gpxpatch tab. I've tried every cpu setting but without success. Do you want me to test gppatch 4.0 for gp3?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2013 10:46PM by quickslick.
Date: April 01, 2013 10:50PM
Ok, thanks for the tests. I've done some more investigations and my conclusion is that GP4 (and GP3) is already closing down right after the start for some reason. The fact that it crashes in GPxSound is because GPxSound isn't expecting to be unloaded this quickly (I've fixed this now).

Anyway, what happens if you run GP3/GP4 once without GPxPatch, and then again with GPxPatch?

Date: April 01, 2013 11:00PM
I've installed now gpxpatch 4.0 on gp3 and it works without problems. If i start gp3 and gp4 without gpxpatch it works without any problems, but as soon as i try to start both games with gpxpatch 4.01 they crashes straight to desktop
Date: April 01, 2013 11:03PM
Posted by: pirx
Great SDI,

wonderful news that you are still pushing gpxpatch further! Big respect for that!

I have 1 question and talking about GP3: Would it be a big amount of work to integrate the possibility for cinfo to output a grafical indication when the rideheight of a car is to low? In GP3 original cockpits this is indicated by a grafic which shows if the racecar hits the tracksurface with its front- or back-bottom-plate. For GP3-mods where we all love to wear a helmet in cockpit-view sadly it is not possible to see this indication inside the cockpit because its overlaid by the helmet-grafic. A feature like this would be marvellous, but I fear its to complicated for a quick solution?

cheers,
pirx

"Oiııo.
........................................................................................................
Pilot Pirx
........................................................................................................
Date: April 01, 2013 11:43PM
Ok, I've found out why 4.01 doesn't work with GP3. When adding support for CSM I made a mistake regarding GP3. If it's GP3 it still assumes it's GP4 and goes ahead with something that always crashes with GP3. As a workaround, you can use 4.00 with GP3, until I release 4.02.

As for GP4 not working, it's still not clear why. It's unrelated to the GP3 problem. Did you also try 4.00 with GP4? The only reason I can see for a premature ending of GP4 is a failed CD check. But it would first show a message in-game about this. Another reason could be a DirectX initialization problem. Did you also try to run GP4 from GPxPatch 4.01 with debug mode off?

@pirx: I'll add this to the todo list.

Date: April 01, 2013 11:44PM
Posted by: pirx
SDI schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @pirx: I'll add this to the todo list.

wooow!
Date: April 02, 2013 12:02AM
yes René, i tried to run gpxpatch in different ways and i even tried to run gpxpatch 4.0 , but it's the same result as for 4.01. I have no clue what's going wrong here :(
Date: April 02, 2013 12:17AM
It must be something I changed in 4.00 :) I'm working hard to find out what it is.

Date: April 02, 2013 12:20AM
thank you so much for all your efforts and for your help René. It's absolutely amazing from you. BTW, do you have a gp4_patch_exe file in your gp4 main folder?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2013 12:21AM by quickslick.
Date: April 02, 2013 01:01AM
Thanks quickslick. But if I can't solve this I don't feel amazing :)
I don't have that file in my gp4 main folder. What is it? I only know that patch 9.6 for GP4 1.02 is called "GP4_patch v9.6.exe".

Date: April 02, 2013 01:12AM
the file is called gp4_exe_patch.exe and it's blocked by avg antvir as the trojan Downloader.Generic10AFFQ. I don't know if it's really a trojan, or if it's a part of zaz tool, that's why i'm asking
Date: April 02, 2013 01:23AM
I think that's GP4Tweaker, and the warning is probably a false positive.

Date: April 02, 2013 01:29AM
ah ok:) it's time for me to go to bed now. Let's try it tomorrow again. Good night René :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2013 01:35AM by quickslick.
Date: April 02, 2013 04:10AM
I can reproduce it now. It only happens with GP4 1.00. So a workaround is to use 1.02. But I'll try to fix it anyway.

Edit: it's fixed now, I'll release 4.02 soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2013 04:27AM by SDI.
Date: April 02, 2013 11:30AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
René, thanks for the nice feature where the name of a custom track is automatically shown in the track selection menu of GP4. :)

There is a tiny bug; When a trackname is for example Östtereichring, the Ö stays Ö instead of ö in the track selection menu.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: April 02, 2013 01:43PM
Looks like I have to convert to unicode first, and then make it lowercase. I'll see if I can fix this for 4.02.

GPxPatch 4.02 RELEASE
Date: April 02, 2013 04:27PM
I've released GPxPatch 4.02, which fixes the above mentioned bugs.

Re: GPxPatch 4.02 RELEASE
Date: April 02, 2013 05:02PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
You're a (*) (Y)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy