Black ingame cars

Posted by sntgeorge 
Black ingame cars
Date: April 15, 2003 08:54PM
Posted by: sntgeorge
I've being editing bojan's fw 25 textures but all I get is a black car. Here is the process I'm doing: 1) I use batch conversion plugin from James Knopp Tex Editor to get the TGA's from the original TEX files

2) I separate the RGB channel and save it as 24bits TGA file then I edit it and save it again as the same format

3) I separate the original alpha channel as an 8bits grayscale TGA file

4) I combine both to get a 24bits TGA with an alpha channel... the resulting file is aproximately the same size as the original TGA's before TEX conversion

5) I use Tex Editor again to turn the resultin TGA's into TEX, but the resulting TEX files are way smaller than the original ones (seams like some data is missing - maybe Alpha channel?)

Anyone has an idea how can I fix it? I've been successful making helmets textures but this is my first car tex editing experience. I tried to use my edited Texture with original A-Channels but I get the same result. As my first shot I put the original textures with the original A-Channels and I did get the same result.

I tried GP4master and still no joy, but I checked the resulting tex files and the alpha channel info is there... I think that someone that have been working with 1024x1024 files can give me a clue how to get TEX out of TGA files of this size... thanks
Re: Black ingame cars
Date: April 16, 2003 12:31AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
What's exactly the problem with GP4master? I'm using it to get TEX files out of tga. Very easy, first load a TEX that you want to replace, and then import tga, and then save it.

What paint editor are you using? Your method of separating alpha channels looks strange to me. In Paint Shop Pro you have "mask" tab with
save & load to disk and save & load to alpha channels options. That's all you need for editing alpha channels. They're saved as MSK files and can be edited separately...

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: April 16, 2003 04:20AM
Posted by: sasjag
do you by any chance make your alpha layer plain black?

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 16, 2003 10:20PM
Posted by: sntgeorge
I found out what was doing wrong, I was downsampling tex files, but the 1024x1024 aren't downsampled... but thanks guys now everything is 100% functional
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy