IndyCar 2012?

Posted by noisewater 
IndyCar 2012?
Date: February 07, 2013 10:58PM
Posted by: noisewater
Are there any modders out there who have created or are planning to create an up-to-date IndyCar mod for GP4?

The IndyCar 2008 Mod found on GP4-Argentina is amazing but as far as I know there haven't been any IndyCar mods on GP4 since. Surely there would be a following for a new mod among gamers here, especially since last year was the debut for both the new DW12 chassis and the engine competition between Honda, Chevy and the now retired Lotus. The 2012 season also had drivers like Barrichello and Takuma Sato.

In my opinion GP4 is still a fantastic platform for IndyCar racing simulation, even without the pace cars. On GP4 you can do fierce and exciting side-by-side racing against the AI cars even on the oval tracks that were never even a part of the original game.

F1 Challenge 99-02 has a beautiful IndyCar 2012 Mod complete with accurate tracks, physics and everything but the racing just isn't that good. On F1C the AI cars tend to just follow each other in a big line on the ovals with almost no passing. Also there are a lot of infuriating bugs like massive pileups in random places and AI cars constantly crashing into each other in the pits.

With GP4 there's none of that and the oval races are just pure slipstreaming goodness.

So what's the state of IndyCar within the GP4 community? Are there any upcoming projects or is IndyCar just long forgotten?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2013 12:19PM by noisewater.
Re: IndyCar 2012?
Date: February 08, 2013 11:17AM
Posted by: shlund
My support for this request... :) Perhaps even better with a 2013 CSM version... :>
Date: February 11, 2013 04:55AM
Posted by: Prblanco
Though I certainly like the idea, I guess there's nothing in the works.

There's some kind of bug that prevents certain types of ovals (those with banked start/finish lines) from working correctly within GP4. I did try making ovals a long time ago, and I couldn't make it work for players and AI at the same time. I don't know if anyone tried something on ovals like Iowa, Fontana or Daytona (not Indy, I know), which are the problematic ones. The remaining tracks are mostly street circuits, which have an insane amount of detail, I don't think anyone would be willing to face that challenge, sadly.

But you are right, the racing would be awesome.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: February 11, 2013 07:22AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Those cars are ugly.. Try 2008 season..
Date: February 11, 2013 10:56PM
Prblanco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know if anyone tried something on ovals
> like Iowa, Fontana or Daytona (not Indy, I know),
> which are the problematic ones. The remaining
> tracks are mostly street circuits, which have an
> insane amount of detail, I don't think anyone
> would be willing to face that challenge, sadly.
>
> But you are right, the racing would be awesome.
>

There's still a reasonable amount of suitable tracks out there to create an enjoyable IndyCar Series calendar for GP4, despite the fact that the great majority of IndyCar tracks haven't been created for the game. Obviously having tracks like St. Petersburg, Barber Motorsport Park or the Milwaukee Mile would be great but I just fill up the season schedule with non-IndyCar circuits like Adelaide and Talladega.

Therefore the lack of IndyCar circuits doesn't really bother me that much because I'm mainly just interested in an updated carset with the new chassis and all the new drivers. But apparently there doesn't seem to be any in the making.
Date: February 12, 2013 05:03PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
@noisewater: Please give me the mod link. Maybe I can convert to GP4.
Date: February 12, 2013 09:26PM
Meteoro405 Wrote:
> @noisewater: Please give me the mod link. Maybe I
> can convert to GP4.

That would be fantastic! You can get the F1C mod here.
Date: February 13, 2013 01:03PM
The problem with GP4 and IndyCar's team roster is the limitation of 11 teams in GP4, since there are a lot of one-car teams in IndyCar and the Penske and Andretti teams had three cars last year.

A compromise would be to put some of the one-car teams under one team banner, for instance Will Power (Penske) and Sebastien Bourdais (Dragon/Jay Penske) could be branched under the Penske-Dragon moniker and Simon Pagenaud (Schmidt-Hamilton) and Josef Newgarden (Sarah Fisher) could be branched under Schmidt-Fisher.

That's the way I did with with the IndyCar 2008 Mod since that mod was released in beta stage concerning team and driver info (the teams in that mod were named Team 1, Team 2...)
Date: February 14, 2013 09:59AM
Posted by: Duffer
You can import it easily in GP4. Maybe there is a lot of work on texture because i just look on F1C and it's not good. I don't know the original shape of the Indycar 2012, but the F1C mesh is ok for me.

--------------------------------------------

Date: February 14, 2013 12:43PM
Posted by: nhorry
That's what I've made also but on this model the rear wing is from another car, not the DW12...
Driver model is very bad, some helmets too.
rFactor skins are very good.
Date: February 14, 2013 12:48PM
Posted by: celinho
Big Job Master Duffeer!!!!

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Date: February 14, 2013 05:53PM
Posted by: Duffer
@Celinho : It isn't my work !! I just put a model on Zmodeler.

Else i look quickly on internet and i seen there is a lot of version of the rear wing.

For the mesh, there are some work on normals but you can put it on GP4 without technical problems.

--------------------------------------------

Date: February 15, 2013 11:39AM
Posted by: jimbob1
probadly the best mod to port into gp4 indycar wise would be from Michael Peters..you should give him a shout and ask his persmission to convert his fine work to gp4....
tracks are another kettle of fish,..ovals are a bastard to make correctly & tbh you would really need to set up a small mod team to share the work load to build the tracks as it's way too time consuming for a single person..
Date: February 15, 2013 12:19PM
Posted by: haunetal1990
Duffer schrieb:
> You can import it easily in GP4. Maybe there is a
> lot of work on texture because i just look on F1C
> and it's not good. I don't know the original shape
> of the Indycar 2012, but the F1C mesh is ok for
> me.
>
> [www.realgpx.com]

have you got a link to the model? :)

:)
Date: February 15, 2013 10:53PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Aye a new indy mod would be cool. I like playing on the Indy Oval with f1 cars, just that in the corners I lose too much speed compared to ai - i think because i use keyboard so tyre full slip.

Date: February 16, 2013 11:44AM
I'm not sure whether converting tracks from GP3 to GP4 is possible but there seems to be a fair amount of recent IndyCar tracks for GP3, including Texas, Fontana, Pocono, Milwaukee, St. Petersburg and Barber. I haven't seen the GP3 tracks in action so I have no idea if they are accurate or aesthetically pleasing in terms of GP4 standards.

Could those tracks be somehow converted to GP4 or would it be essentially as difficult as creating a new track from scratch?
Date: April 05, 2013 02:58PM
Posted by: OG-LOC
can you please give me the link for the f1c indycar 2012 mod? I cant find anything on google :(
Date: April 05, 2013 04:07PM
Posted by: Bruce D
I started converting a great version from rFactor into GP4 and hunted down the mod creator, only to find out he had converted it from Simraceway and they weren't too happy with him for it! I'm trying to find out if he did the final textures, but I'm not sure if the new rules of this forum would allow me to publicly hand it out. :(
Date: April 05, 2013 06:15PM
Posted by: Soutsen
:( sad to know

Date: April 05, 2013 07:24PM
Posted by: Bruce D
Yeah, basically he has said no in a round-about way, saying I can use another modding teams work and the Simraceway model.

I would have to have painted helmets for it anyway, which isn't my strong point. Oh well...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy