Hello Guys

Posted by ladylike1 
Hello Guys
Date: February 03, 2013 01:33PM
Posted by: ladylike1
Hi, I am trying to run Grand Prix 4 on Windows 7. I have been through all the tutorials on this brilliant site, but it still will not work.

It is for my Dad, who is now retired, and has loved the game for over 10 years, but we have just updated his computer.

I am trying the original game, and have tried with the patches available here, all i get is a black screen with an arrow, when i use task manager to see whats happening it says not responding.

The computer is using Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.

64 Bits Operating. AMD Athlon II X4 635 Processor (??) (*)

If someone could help me step by step i would be forever grateful, i have tried running it as windows xp2 as shown earlier and also as administrator. The last time we had issues with a game someone
helped by remote access.

Heres hoping you can help me guys.
Re: Hello Guys
Date: February 03, 2013 09:41PM
Posted by: mortal
Welcome to the site. :-) Tried this?
Another method is to install XP on a partition, install GP4 and run a dual boot system.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2013 09:42PM by mortal.
Date: February 04, 2013 10:28PM
Thanks, wouldn't have a clue about the partition !!

Will try that link its down at the moment
Date: February 04, 2013 11:38PM
WINDOWS VISTA / WINDOWS 7 64 bit

1- Install Gp4 770mb

2- Install patch 9.6

3- Gp4.exe 1.02 (NO CD)

4- Install Gpxpatch 3.93

5- Set compatibility as Admin to Windows XP Sp2 or SP3 dependent on what
windows you have to the Gp4.exe 1.02 NO CD and for Gpxpatch.exe located
in the main Gp4 folder.

6 - Run the game and exit saving the settings!!

7 - Copy the entire Gp4 folder and place it in another location. <-----possibly not required to do this. Moving the folder will change the path of your shortcuts. An original install may place the installation into the program files x86 folder, because of this it may need to be moved, if you have an additional drive, move it there and change the shortcuts to the new path.

8 - Install Zaz tools final. Also set compatibility as admin to Windows XP Sp2 or SP3 depending in what
windows you have. Download from gp4db.com.

9 - Open CSM and go to file menu -Options and un-check auto-update
and select the Gp4 path where you pasted your new Gp4. Do the same for the car-set folder.
Also in the same place click on File Association, inside there select everything.

10 - Reboot PC

Disable DEP in Windows 7 64 bit and Vista:

1. Click Start - All programs - Accesories and right click on Command Prompt.
2. Left click on Run as Administrator
3. Click the Allow button if it asks you for permission
4. Type or copy and paste this into the command prompt window:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

5. Hit enter and you should see the confirmation: Operation Completed Successfully
6. Reboot and DEP should be off.
7. Ready to install any csm mod and track pack.

2012 mod for csm can be found at gp4central, there is a current thread on that. 2012 tracks are available at gp4forever.com.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2013 11:41PM by mortal.
Date: February 09, 2013 12:57AM
Mortal, Thank you very,very Much. This took a full evening to do, but was working fine.

1/ Is the reason for copying the folder and files as a backup ?

2/ We found some newer cars entitled empty mod 2012, silly question !! are some meant to be white coloured cars, if so can we replace them with odd ones switch them around, is there a guide somewhere.

3/ Can he use Team Editor to change names (??) , i could not find any links to it that work, is it compatible with GPXpatch.

Once again thanks, i have mucked about with it too much tonight, it has deleted some files from the GP4 folder the gp4.exe, so when i finish work tomorrow i will be going back around and setting it up as you explained earlier.

xxx Ladylike
Date: February 09, 2013 09:29AM
Copying the files is required if you need to move the entire install. The empty mod is just that, empty. Used for building your own mod. Using the editor to change driver names, I do not know as I dont use it.

Date: February 10, 2013 08:37AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Very gentleman-like of you, mortal

Next up is doing the same for the dudes that ask for help ;).
Date: February 10, 2013 10:48AM
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit... LOL! ;)

Date: February 11, 2013 07:04AM
Posted by: TomMK

2/ We found some newer cars entitled empty mod 2012, silly question !! are some meant to be white coloured cars, if so can we replace them with odd ones switch them around, is there a guide somewhere.

I assume you found the 2012 Empty CSM mod by GP4 Central? If so, why not download the full mod instead? An empty mod is just that - empty. It contains no cars or updates, it's just a CSM shell for people to put their own files in to.

Download and install GPxPatch and ZaZ Tools if you have not already. Then download the 2012 Mod from GP4 Central and install it.

Set your graphics settings to "high" in the in-game menus to avoid white cars.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy