GP4 Crashing

Posted by Tmac02 
GP4 Crashing
Date: January 24, 2013 07:27AM
Posted by: Tmac02
I just came across my GP4 disk and decided to load it back up again. I threw a new drive into my PC, installed a fresh load of XP SP3, and made sure of the following:

-No antivirus software
-Fully patched (both OS and game, 9.6)
-Turned off firewall
-Turned off screen saver and monitor shutoff
-no other programs running

So, a clean, dedicated PC. The only problem is, the game crashes out back to the desktop every play! I am running in non championship races, and it crashes at all different points. Sometimes I don't make it out of Friday practice, sometimes I get half way through the race; but it always happens. There is always a log in the application event log, but it is basically empty; no event ID and no info.

I know I had this running on XP a few years back, what could be causing this?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Re: GP4 Crashing
Date: January 24, 2013 08:21AM
Posted by: mortal
Is there a crash log from gpx-patch? Install gpx if you haven't done so, then come back here and post the error log. Set gpx verbosity to high, cpu to 0.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 25, 2013 08:29AM
Posted by: addie
hi

I also use xp sp3, and no such trouble so far ...

if you set cpu to 1 in GPxPatch ?

or is it maybe faulty RAM ?
is gp4.exe the only app/game that crashes after using it a while ?

addie
Date: January 25, 2013 04:26PM
Ok, I installed GPx. Since installing it and setting the CPU to "0", it hasn't crashed once. Three questions:

-Which log should I be looking at when it does crash?

-When I first start the game with GPx, a message comes up that says "Can't debug the encrypted version of GPx. Start normally? I answer yes, and it runs.

-I really like the look of the game with GPx except for the blue speedo/tach on the left side of the cockpit....is there a way to turn that off?

Thanks!!!
Date: January 25, 2013 07:58PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Tmac02 écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok, I installed GPx. Since installing it and
> setting the CPU to "0", it hasn't crashed once.
> Three questions:
>
> -Which log should I be looking at when it does crash?
If GP4 crash GPxPatch will automatically create and open a log. Just say yes when it ask if you want.

> -When I first start the game with GPx, a message comes up that says "Can't debug the encrypted version of GPx. Start normally? I answer yes, and it runs.
You need to install the no-cd exe of the game (look at the FAQ). I guess that in your case GPxPatch didn't load and you're only back to GP4 without GPxPatch

> -I really like the look of the game with GPx
> except for the blue speedo/tach on the left side
> of the cockpit....is there a way to turn that
> off?
>
> Thanks!!!

I don't understand the third question. Sorry about this

Date: January 28, 2013 02:53AM
The game runs great now, hasn't crashed since I installed GPx. I think it has to do with limiting the processors to 1.

The only question I have is can I turn off that blue speedo/tach that appears to the left side of the cockpit?

Thanks!!!
Date: January 28, 2013 03:39AM
Posted by: Soutsen
Hi, mate! Surely you can turn it off.
Just click to the 'GPxCInfo' tab in a GPxPatch main menu and disable the 'Lo2kTheme\Counter.ini' checkbox. (btw i've found this speedo very handsome and still use it, thanx Lo2K :P)
Cheers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2013 03:41AM by Soutsen.
Date: February 17, 2013 12:48AM
Posted by: apfhelmet
hot Hello friend tmac02, no problem cpu or verbosite bla bla bla ... it's just a bug @ # $ #% # @ rssss ... of gp4 (happens with some systems this set depends on how your machine (PC), broke my head a long time with this, most unintentionally found the solution is simple, use an editor of teams, as an example of teameditor by lok2
and put the name of the pilots as well:

right - Vettel
wrong - Sebastian Vettel

put a name only, never use two names, use so also for teams

right - RBR
Wrong - Red Bull

I believe after that it never crash in gp4 crash

I have helped, good luck.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy