Mapping/Texturing in Zmodeler

Posted by metal-mike 
Mapping/Texturing in Zmodeler
Date: April 12, 2003 09:18AM
Posted by: metal-mike
Can anyone give a few pointers on where to start? I am working on a touring car, but so far all I have been able to do is map a body colour and a window colour. I want to know how to do detail work, like ads on the doors etc. Any help would be appreciated, cheers! :D
Re: Mapping/Texturing in Zmodeler
Date: April 12, 2003 10:05AM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
there's probably tutorials somewhere but lets c if i can remember..!!
Add your material/texture in material editor first then to map objects onto faces switch to object faces mode, and select [select single] in SEL mode. Then select the faces u want to map [should turn red], if you want the bonnet mapped use top view or doors then which ever side view. Then select your texture/material for those faces' attributes [ctrl A i think for attributes] So now ur faces know which texture to use u gotta map em.
Think it's Surface, mapping, assign UV in object faces mode with ur faces selected in red.. change any view except the view ur textures are facing i.e not the one u assigned ur material to - to UV mapper view and then right click anywhere in the view where u assigned ur attributes. Then all the faces that were selected should appear in the UV mapper view. Switch to object mode and turn SEL mode off, then reshape the faces in UVmapper view to fit the texture in that view. ZM uses tga for materials so if you save a tga as hi_bonnet convert it to tex and rename to hi_bonnet_1. Bizarre i know, just remember xxx.tga = xxx_1.tex.........
Lot of stuff there, hope it helps - when i started using it i got no help at all until i stumbled accros a tutorial which is no longer available!! GLuck:)

Date: April 12, 2003 06:17PM
Posted by: metal-mike
Cheers very much, I will have a play with that.

Also, can I draw several bmp's for different parts of the car, or does it need to be all one texture? Cheers! :D
Date: April 12, 2003 11:15PM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
You can do as many as u like just as long as xxx.tga = xxx_1.tex ..I made a SauberC21 a while back that had around ten different tex files. Or if all your tga's [not bmp's] are ready u can stick em all in one and then map faces to it's parts - like regular GP4 tga's.

Date: April 13, 2003 04:47AM
Posted by: andrew_S
alternativly, just click onto faces level, click the rectangular sellect tool, use shift and ctrl to add or subtract faces from your selection then click assign Uv and/or reset uv :) both methods will do though :D

infact thats a bit simplistic description i will show you on msn :)

Post Edited (04-13-03 18:25)

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy