GP4: looking 4 new physics ?

Posted by MViper 
GP4: looking 4 new physics ?
Date: April 12, 2003 04:49AM
Posted by: MViper
Hey guys!

The problem is, when i drive GP4 [no matter which car] i am easily in a top 5 on an ACE level.. except at Sepang and Interlagos i suck. So, i'm looking for any new physics files to load with GP4 physics Editor 0.9 from Aubrey Windle. The physics i am looking for should be more .. slowish.. something like, if i drive the minardi the max should i achieve is let's say 16th place, or if i drive with Jordan the max should be around 10-12th place..

It's simple, i'm looking for a "troubled" car physics, coz default in GP4 is like driving perfect car, with no problems of understeering or oversteering..

I was already trying with the setups.. but it's not fun.. I'de like to have a physics with an [let's say] oversteered car and than try to overcome that oversteer with a setup.. something like real drivers have problems with and than they're struggling to find a perfect setup.. I need an "pretty bad" car physics.. Because i was trying with perf. editors to speed the AI's up and than looking for a challenge.. but it wasn't any difference? I used Car Set Creator .. In the GP3's editor from Steven Young was great, you just type +1000 in the setting and AI was around 1.3 seconds faster and THAT WAS THE CHALLENGE for me.. Not that i'm looking for computer to be 3 seconds faster no no !! I'm just looking for a new physics level to have new challenge in GP4..

I hope u understand me, what do i want.. ?

Post Edited (04-12-03 11:50)

"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Re: GP4: looking 4 new physics ?
Date: April 12, 2003 06:48AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Try the 'Performance Pack 2003' thread.

I have only just downloaded it and have not had a chance to test it out, but it looks pretty impressive.

Hope this helps

Date: April 12, 2003 07:20AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
have you tried the 'Car power team dependant'?
which is located in the GPxSet tab in GPxPatch?

Date: April 12, 2003 09:49AM
Posted by: belini
you get the results you're looking for with belini gp4 team career

cars are bhp and grip dependant.

http://www.belini.fsnet.co.uk

Date: April 13, 2003 02:00AM
Posted by: MViper
97kirkc: thanx, i'll DL it and i'll check it out ;)

variante_ascari: sure i tried that.. I'm GPx fan from GP1 so i know this "secrets" .. but it's not so important.. let's say minardi have around 50HP less than top 3 teams.. And i still can qualify around 12-13th.. Maybe enuf..

Look the problem is not in the power nor in the grip. I'de like to have "problematic" cars, like in real F1 do, you know, when you're struggling with a oversteer or understeer or with bad balance..

And this go to you to Belini, if you reduce the grip the car behaving will be the same except you'll have less grip through the corners, the car will be still perfect balances, there will be no oversteer or understeer except it will have a low grip..

But i'm not sure, when i was reducing grip i had that feeling, but i may be wrong !!

Belini: one more thing.. i dl'ed this your carset. Everything fine, except it's in excel format? Or is it in g3p format?

Thanx for now guys!

"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: April 14, 2003 06:08AM
Posted by: belini
you're right about the physics, the car will always be perfectly balanced.
but with less grip it's defiantly harder to drive especially on full tanks
and the player no longer has the grip advantage over the Ai so overtaking
is a lot harder.

without the patch the player always has 16384 grip whatever team driven,
hence why you're putting a minardi in the middle of the grid, once the tracks
are calibrated to your own skill level then you should be sitting at the back of
the grid when driving a minardi.

you won't get oversteer but you do get understeer due to the lower grip level.
if you drive a ferrari and then a minardi the difference in grip is very apparent,
for example turn 5 at melbourne is flat in the ferrari, but with the minardi you
should find you have to lift and that's with 90bhp less (2001 season default track
setups), in real life a poor chassis will produce less grip, so it's half way there.

the teams performance files were originally for gp4edit, but as rene's now updated
gpxpatch, these can be used in gpxset, car power team dependant needs to be ticked.

the excel sheet is just used for competing as a career and works out grip levels
exactly the same way as I calculate Ai grip levels for the season performance files.

http://www.belini.fsnet.co.uk
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy