One more time about GP4.EXE and so on (Burried alive)

Posted by Kessu 
I recieved the pm so I just looked at the whole thread...

Well, just one word to say that GP4 is working fine on Win7 64 bits once you set it to XP SP3 compatibility mode in GP4.exe properties.

BTW, concerning the last and full debug, it seems the troubles could come from a lot of things :
- Some gpi files (menu pictures) are causing troubles, "3.gpi" amongst them... (they are stored usualy in ...\GP4\MenuData\PC\GP2001\Images but I dunno for CSM)
- Some AMD (ATI graphical card) drivers
- Most steering wheel and some cockpit objects are missing, as well as all .gp4 wheel files from car.wad
- >> CGP4TVOverlay::RenderRoundNumber() number too great (I dunno what it is but it is really unsupported...)

There's really too many errors in this log (maybe the longuest log I ever see) so something is really going bad with this mod but there's no way you could ever fix them all one by one...
I would really like to hear if someone tried this mod and got it working fine... It would already give some indication even if I'm sure Fongu got it working some way or another at least.
But right now, looking at the log, the mod is really unusable... it's maybe due to a problem when CSM patches the game, or something with your CG driver, or both at once...
It's very hard to tell where to start from to debug this...
Sorry for this pessimistic analysis but that's the way I see it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2012 05:04PM by Lo2k.
Mortal and Lo2k
Even this problem still remains in my GP4 and CSM, I'm very very very thankfull that you guys are looked at this issue and spend your valuable time with this.
One last questions to both of you:
-What version of W7 you are using?
-Memory type (I don't, does it make any difference?)
-Graphic Card?
-Do I have to install all the gizmos (GP4, ZAZ tools etc) to some specific folder?

I have tryed every single "emulation" modes and always the same result. Unstable.
Could it be my graphic card which is twisted (AMD Radeon HD 6900)?
And when error log says about memory, there stand Total Physical Memory: 1024Mb -(1024Mb used), where is the rest of the 7Gb?

I have read that most of players managed to play these CSM mod without any problems with W7, HOW?

Lo2k --> Thanks for straigh answer, I appreciate that.

Cheers guys (B)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2012 09:18PM by Kessu.
Interesting that the ATI drivers have been mentioned. I once tried the latest drivers and could not get GP4 to run unbtill I rolled back to earlier drivers. That may well be worth a try. Look for earlier versions suitable for your card and test.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
On my side :
- Windows Premium Home Edition 64bits
- Doesn't matter at all
- Geforce GTX560Ti
- I don't know for installation folders, I barely use any mod but for quick tries and without CSM

BTW 1024Mb could be your graphical card onboard memory...

Thanks Lo2k.

I have also W7 Home Premium 64
AMD ATI Radeon HD 6900 serie

That's weird. My GC have 2Gb memory and GpxPatch only noticed half of it?
I have updated DirectX.
Mortal ---> I tryed older GC drivers as well. No help.

This is a hell of task to solve.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2012 06:49AM by Kessu.
Kessu écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [...]
> One last questions to both of you:
> -What version of W7 you are using?
64bit Integral Edition

> -Memory type (I don't, does it make any difference?)
DDR3 but I don't think it's relevant

> -Graphic Card?
AMD Radeon HD 6570 with up-to-date drivers

> -Do I have to install all the gizmos (GP4, ZAZ
> tools etc) to some specific folder?
all installed in their respective default folder. Compatibility mode set to XP SP3 for GP4 and GPxPatch.
>
> And when error log says about memory, there stand
> Total Physical Memory: 1024Mb -(1024Mb used),
> where is the rest of the 7GB ?
I think it is because you are on compatibility mode. I have exactly the same and I have 8 GB RAM too.

Hi,
I just gave up with this.
I have done basicly everything except changed graphic card.
Problems still remains with MODs.
Basic GP4 works fine, so I'll play that for a while.

One more time:
-BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy