Eventful Quickrace @ Brands Hatch GP circuit

Posted by Atticus. 
Eventful Quickrace @ Brands Hatch GP circuit
Date: October 30, 2012 12:46AM
Posted by: Atticus.
I just got one of the most eventful Quickraces I've ever had.

I decided to go down for a Quickrace before I go to bed. Default 2001 season cars, racing as the #6 Williams, Brands Hatch GP circuit, 3 laps, Ace difficulty level, 6th on the grid, default setup.

I got a less than average start to begin with and fell down to 7th place by Paddock, behind my teammate. I breaked late into Druids for the first time, sligshot past Ralf, occupying 6th once again all the way through Graham Hill Band, behind the pits, up and down the hill to Hawthorn. Somebody ahead tried and failed to overtake the 3rd place man, causing the 5th placed Trulli in the Jordan to be slow through Westfield. I drew level with him through Dingle Dell, outbreaked him into Sheene's - it's a pity I outbreaked myself as well.

I fell way off the grass on the exit of Sheene's back down to 9th, behind Trulli, Ralf, Villeneuve and a Sauber. I catched the Sauber while braking for Clearways, got the inside line thorugh Brabham Straight and cleanlly outbraked it into Paddock. 8th again, eventful race, only began lap 2. I saw somebody running wide and onto the barriers at Surtees. 7th. Dropping down Pilgrim's Drop, I saw Coulthard with an engine problem ahead. Right, that's 6th by the end of the lap, good. I was pursued by the Sauber quite much. The McLaren began to slow down in Stirling's holding up Villeneuve behind him. I pounced onto the opportunity to took the BAR, right after we overtook poor David, but the excellent GP4 AI defended the inside line into Clearways and on the Brabham Straight as well. I went to take the outside line with the brave intention to round it into Paddock. I succeeded. That was one of the most difficult overtake I've ever had. 5th place. I sighed...

...AND BOOM! Trulli was barely moving ahead of me right at the bottom of the hill. He had some problem as well. I flicked back left onto the asphalt on the outside of the Paddock exit kerb and managed to avoid him. Just. Heart pounding, broke late into Druids and only composed myself by Hawthorn. 4th. From then on, I caressed the car back home behind by teammate. I often checked the mirrors, but saw nobody in them. I only got to knew by the replay that Villeneuve was not as lucky and quick as me, slammed into Trulli on the way up to Druids and held up the others seriously.

So just to sum it up: 3 laps, starting from 6th, up to 5th, down to 9th on lap 1, up to 6th on lap two, up to 4th on lap 3. Executing one of my best overtake ever in the process. Three DNFs helped ahead of me.

One of the most evenful races of my life. Lasted about 4 mins, less than reading my story on it. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2012 12:49AM by Atticus..
Re: Eventful Quickrace @ Brands Hatch GP circuit
Date: October 30, 2012 04:38AM
Posted by: davegp4
Date: October 30, 2012 10:48PM
Posted by: TomMK
(Y) good story. GP4 is ace ;)

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: October 30, 2012 10:52PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
The greatest F1 race unseen by cameras. ;)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: October 30, 2012 11:22PM
Posted by: davegp4
hey get this one, raced 10% at monza last lap round the outside last turn onto straight borked 1st place driver to swerve right I lose it & fly off into gravel bounce off wall (no damage on) get back behind him in slipstream & peg him at the line!(B)
Date: October 31, 2012 12:09AM
davegp4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey get this one, raced 10% at monza last lap
> round the outside last turn onto straight borked
> 1st place driver to swerve right I lose it & fly
> off into gravel bounce off wall (no damage on) get
> back behind him in slipstream & peg him at the
> line!(B)

That's some race as well. (Y)
Date: October 31, 2012 06:59AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Seriously.. Consider getting a Novel written.. (Y)
Date: October 31, 2012 10:55AM
I do plan to write for the local F1 broadcaster on its website, but it's only a plan right now. ;)
Date: April 04, 2015 01:39AM
Bump.

I just re-discovered this story while I was doing a search on Brands Hatch with the BTCC opener looming large this weekend.

Good times, haha, there was so much going on during the race I depicted here - and it was not even the usually much more congested Indy circuit. :-)
Date: April 04, 2015 04:27PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Great race story! :-)(Y)

I just remember that I had such a great race story as well, it was back in 2012 too. I was driving a full race on the original 2001 Nürburgring, Germany (67 laps) with 2002 F1 cars but with the original 2001 performance file. In lap 65 of 67 I was racing with Michael Schumacher (Ferrari) in fourth position, Barrichello (Ferrari) was leading by nearly one minute in front of me and about half a minute in front of Trulli and Alesi, the two Jordans that were fighting very hard for the second place. They where only second and third because both Mclarens and both Williams had already retired during the race due to engine or gearbox failures. I would have been in the lead at this time, but I made too much driving mistakes, so I fell down to fourth position. In lap 66, Trulli crashed into Alesi at the braking zone of Dunlop corner and took him out (right rear wheel was gone). Now I was third and I thought "Yeah, I will be on the podium now". In the meantime, Trulli managed to drive on with a broken front wing and finally reached the pitlane. I got the message he was in the pits shortly before braking for Veedol chicane. Unbelievably I overtook the remaining Jordan at the beginning of my last lap. He came back seven or eight seconds behind me for his last lap, so I thought "Yeah, this will be a double victory for Ferrari". As I was waiting for the message that Barrichello had taken the win, I saw yellow flags at the exit of Bit corner. And then I saw the other Ferrari standing on the left side about 200 meters in front of Veedol chicane and two of its wheels were dancing on the grass. Then the message came that Barrichello is out of the race, only two corners before the finish line. Unbelievable! Now I was leading and only two corners to go! But in the last corner I saw in my mirrors that Trulli closed up to me, but he wasn't able to attack me anymore and finished in second place, only about 0.5 seconds behind me. Because of his new tyres and very less fuel he was driving insanely fast on his last lap, nearly seven seconds faster than me on my over 20 laps old tyres. I couldn't believe that I had won this race at first, because I was only fourth two laps before the end, and then I had taken the win at last! :-)(Y)
Date: April 04, 2015 11:36PM
Hahahaha, what an epic story!! Congrats on your win. :-)
Date: April 05, 2015 12:07AM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Thanks! ;)(Y)
Date: April 08, 2015 12:22AM
Posted by: rookie26
Again you can recognize te poor Beauty of this Game. Thank you Geoff Crammond and Thanks to the amazing Modders who keep the best Racing Game ever made alive.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy