Slimtex in Win7 [fixed]

Posted by JohnMaverick 
Slimtex in Win7 [fixed]
Date: October 29, 2012 10:57PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
Okay guys, since I'm really running out of ideas I need your input now! I'm running Win7 on my computer now since it came out. Up to now I also had an addition Win XP partition on the computer, for several purposes. One of them was Slimtex, since I never got it working properly on Win7. Now I finally wanna get rid of this XP partition. But the problem with Slimtext remains.

The actual problem is that I can't pull any files into the Slimtex window when trying to batch it to tex or the other way round. In XP I simply pull the file from an explorer window and put it into the Slimtex window. Works absolutely fine. But in Win7 it won't let me do that. I start slimtex in administrator mode and have tried it with basically any compatibility mode. No success. I again and again get the 'this action is not allowed' mouse sign when I try to do this action.

So, has any of you geniuses a solution for me, or at least an idea what else I could try? I'd highly appreciate it.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2012 12:44AM by mortal.
Re: Slimtex in Win7
Date: October 29, 2012 11:34PM
Posted by: Excalibur
I don't know if it can help but Slimtex works fine on my computer with win 7 installed.
So, what I suggest to you:
1- Uninstall Zaz tools
2- Use Ccleaner to delete the entries of Zaz Tools from your registry (important)
3- Re-install Zaz Tools and try Slimtex again (personaly, it works without compatibility mode or running as an administrator) with drag and drop, as you used to do.

Hope this will help...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: October 30, 2012 12:25AM
Thanks Excalibur.

I can't tell whether it was the full registry clean or the fact that I didn't install ZAZ tools on the windows 7 partition but on an independent Games partition this time (it's an open secret that C: is sometimes causing trouble in Win7), but now it works as it should. Much appreciated! Problem solved, topic can be closed.

Date: October 30, 2012 12:58AM
Posted by: ZaZ
It's because you ran Slimtex in administrator mode.
Then when you drag a file from your explorer (running in user mode) onto Slimtex (running on the admin token), Windows will refuse to drop the file unless you are dragging from a explorer window which also runs in the admin token.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Re: Slimtex in Win7 [fixed]
Date: October 30, 2012 01:40AM
Oh there you see! Your explanation is absolutely logic, Zaz. However, us Win7 users were so often told to run everything in Administrator mode, that for me it sounded logic to run Slimtex in Administrator mode as well. But now that you mention it, what you say makes absolute sense. Anyway, problem is solved, the search is filled with an answer for another person potentially as dull as me and I thank you guys for your responses.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy