GP4 Online via VDSL?

Posted by johnbad1000 
GP4 Online via VDSL?
Date: October 01, 2012 04:26PM
Posted by: johnbad1000
Soon a new internet network named VDSL will replace ADSL.
Via VDSL,internet speeds of 100 mbps will be possible to achieved.
Can we play online GP4 if we use a VDSL internet access?

Watch my GP4 youtube videos:

[www.youtube.com]
Re: GP4 Online via VDSL?
Date: October 01, 2012 06:21PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
No, since that has nothing to do with the Internet technique used. GP4 itself does not feature online multiplayer, so even if there is a technique that offers 1000 mbps it still won't be possible to play GP4 online.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: October 01, 2012 06:33PM
Posted by: ralv585
JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, since that has nothing to do with the Internet
> technique used. GP4 itself does not feature online
> multiplayer, so even if there is a technique that
> offers 1000 mbps it still won't be possible to
> play GP4 online.

You can play online actually, as I have done so myself :)

We used hamachi and managed to get maybe 5 fps, but I was there racing in slowmo with a guy from here haha!

So in theory, when we all get super duper internet, the 100mbps should be good enough, as we were emulating a LAN setup.

Hopefully this day comes soon, as I still choose GP4 over any other F1 racer.

Date: October 01, 2012 07:05PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
Then let me specify things: GP4 itself does not offer online multiplayer devices. And as far as I know you also need an external program next to Hamachi to get this working, don't you? But either way GP4 never worked really well with Hamachi while other programs do. The bad fps are a result of that and probably won't get better with faster Internet rates. Cause games like CS Source were easily playable via Hamachi with even a 1000 mbps connection while we now play games like F1 2012 with even a 5000 mbps connection. GP4 wouldn't even need that much of a speed to emulate the lan. The problem is GP4s incapability of connection well with Hamachi.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy