Posted by: bazza
Or how about go for one of these:

[www.alienware.com]

:)

Baz

Re: What Rig is Fastest for GP4 ?
Date: April 04, 2003 05:58AM
Posted by: Chunter
noise is an issue with amd's as the fans are always on...i've got the xp 2400 chip and its not bad..
Date: April 04, 2003 06:37AM
Posted by: marcl
I can put up with the sound of a fan if i am getting better performance at a lower price.

The new AMD will be out soon and intel are very worried
Date: April 04, 2003 10:47AM
Posted by: Beardless2
news:

200 fsb athlons out soon (166 at mo) - the athlon 64's not out for a while so dont worry bout them.

If i were u, get a athlon t-bred B model, they run a lot cooler. 2400+ model is most value for money at moment. I like mine :)

Band of the week: Muse
Game of the week: Call of Duty

Beardless2

AMD XP 2700+ | Asus A7N8X nForce 2 Deluxe | 1 GB PC2700 RAM DC | ATI RADEON 9800 | WD 120GB 8MB | NEC 16x DVD | Lite-on 48x24x48 | XP
Date: April 04, 2003 12:11PM
Posted by: andrew_S
id recomend scan.co.uk, use the today only option.... bargin

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: April 04, 2003 01:41PM
Posted by: Tony
CaptainVic,

I brought a New PC 2 weeks ago, and it has an INTEL Processor. 2.66 is the speed. Very Fast. Faster than an Athlon 2600 - why? - because I tried the game on my Nieces' system (Exactly the same make) which has this Athlon, and SAME Graphics Card. Their PC failed on all accounts to reach my PO (Processor Occupancy) and Frames per Second (FPS) It also crashed on some games that don't crash on mine.

My choice for you: INTEL - they're COOLER -and HOTTER;) - and more stable. You pays for what you gets...., and if you want Grand Prix 4 to run like it should be, get an Intel-Inside - GP4 requires lot's of processing power - and with Intel CPU's you get exactly what speed you see, not an "Athlon 2400 @2000" etc. 2.4 is ideal!

Tony
Date: April 04, 2003 01:50PM
Posted by: Vader
Tony
(Intel CEO)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 04, 2003 06:40PM
Posted by: captainvik
Thx for all the input fellow gp4 petrol-heads !!!

I like your exuberance Tony..... and Intel should pay you a spotter's fee :)

I have chosen the Intel P4 2.53ghz on an Albatron PX845PE Pro II Millenium Silver mobo. I fed it 512meg of Corsair XMS 3200 LowLatency DDR400 Ram and slapped a Seagate 80gig + 8megCache HD in there as well as a LiteON 48x24x48 CDRW. It's all housed in an ANTEC aluminium LANboy Tower which is a very nice box with quality 350watt PSU with blue strobe light and tri-color fans which look nice and perty via the Perspex window on the box. All that cost me $1385 Aussie Dollars which is very cheap in this part of the world but probably not as good as the deal you Yanks and Brits get ?!

I am keeping my ST Lab Gf4MX440 vidcard and trusty old Panasonic 17" monitor. Unfortunately I am in-between houses as I am pulling up stumps and moving from Queensland to New Zealand to be with my darling fiance.

Will report on how the system performs once I get settled and setup.

I am going to stick with Win98se on my new system as after playing around with XP and reading various reports I am not at all impressed with the lumbering Ox and how it takes over everything. More importantly it seems the FPS is slower for most people running Gp4.

Cheers
Vik (soon-to-be-immigrant-Kiwi-sheep-shagger)

ciao amigoes

P4 2.85gig Albatron mobo 512mb Corsair3200LL Ram 19"Auriga Mon. SBLive! + 4point surround spkrs. Thrustmaster F1 FF Wheel. Radeon9500pro Cat3.4 drivers. GP4 55fps 1024*768 - No VideoWalls/HeatHaze - Mirrors On.
Date: April 05, 2003 04:54PM
Posted by: sega
AMD! no doubt about it

Saludos desde Colombia.
Date: April 06, 2003 12:33AM
Posted by: Pirate
I have Athlon 2400 geforce mx600 256ram but GP4 still will not run as normal on all features turned on I overclocked my VOODOO 3000 alot and it was as good as anything but Mr Gates does not support them anymore so I upgraded, you get the feeling that the public is being sucked into this thing! updates and upgrades fleecing our money I even overclock my new card on its own auto overclock feature already! I would not say its heaps better than my old card but its at least supported by microsoft....for now. (sigh)
Date: April 06, 2003 04:11AM
Posted by: ADP
Check out this link about this very subject:

[www.community.tomshardware.com]

Post Edited (04-06-03 11:17)
Date: April 06, 2003 12:39PM
Posted by: Pirate
By the way I found that time you price up all the add on stuff you can get a whole system for not much more, only thing you may have to compromise on some things to get close to what you want. My tip, keep your monitor that saves a bit of cash.
Date: April 06, 2003 05:30PM
Posted by: Senna_Fan
I have a 2.6 ghz P4 clocked to 3.0 ghz w/no problems. Game runs great. I have used AMd's and they are great as well, but I lean towards the Intels for what that is worth.

Senna_Fan
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD 64 3500+ Processor, Geil 1gb ddr3200 ram, ABit AV8 MB, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, Windows XP operating system.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy