Tex Programming

Posted by JPM 
Tex Programming
Date: April 02, 2003 11:30PM
Posted by: JPM
I have just started VB programming and I was wondering if anybody out there knew how to make a .tex file viewer from within VB? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

JPM
Re: Tex Programming
Date: April 03, 2003 03:27PM
Posted by: JPM
I have made the interface so I just need the code to be able to view the actual file.

Cheers

JPM
Date: April 03, 2003 03:47PM
Posted by: tux
just replied to ure email

Date: April 03, 2003 04:05PM
Posted by: Madman271
.TEX file actually hold series of mipmap image used by GP4. Usually one .TEX file hold four mipmap images, formatted as DirectX DDS format. You need a well knowledgement to DDS format and mipmapping principal. DDS file format can be created using any graphic tools that supporting it or direct calls to DirectX library module. You can learn about this in DirectX SDK.

This file has a tag or identification at first four bytes as 0x54455800 (TEX<null>;), followed by dimension of highest mipmap and number of mipmaps in the file. Next is some reserved spaces and index table to each mipmap image data offset in the file.

Each mipmap image in .TEX file is used for texture detail setting in GP4 graphic menu. I though .TEX file may hold an image other than DDS format, but I'm not sure. Most DDS format in .TEX file is always stored as single layered (or single mipmap).

Gr88ts,
Madman
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy