GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
Considering April Fools' DAY has officially expired here, I'd best come clean.

Yes, it was a hoax. I'm sure some of you would have noticed the secret message that gives it away...

If not, think (or Google) "James May" and "Autocar."

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Solid session for the MPR lads. Plenty of useful data for quali :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

I agree with pre-qualifying!

About FP: terrible 10th race for me. Great 16th place from De Bruyker!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Pre-qualifying would be a totally unacceptable scenario. As a new team owner, i waited a few seasons to get my team on the grid, and threw away a competitive race seat to take that team ownership. For my team then to possibly not even make a race, not happy.... Terrible idea, and if it ever went to the vote, would be a HUGE "no" for me.

And I understand this is/was just an April Fools joke.... (forgive me if my anger is taken the wrong way, as i have plenty going on in the real world, far more important and urgent than GPGSL, as hard as that is to believe...!! LOL :-))

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Christel VXR Radio

Team: "Alright Greg. Do your best to set a decent lap. With this wet weather we don't expect you to push too hard, so just take it easy and see what laptime you set."
O'Brien: "Alright. It's wet all round. I'm worried I might run off the track."
Team: "Which is why we want you to take it easy. You've never raced in the rain, so you don't have as much experience as most of the other drivers."
O'Brien: "Exactly."
O'Brien Crosses The Line
O'Brien: "Where do I stand?"
Team: "12th. Pretty decent result. Although Ingers did a better lap to sit 2nd."
O'Brien: "Good for him."
Later In The Session
O'Brien: "The rain looks like it has gotten worse. I can't go any faster."
Team: "Indeed. You are a second down in the first sector, and you are losing a chunk of time in the second and third sectors. Looks like you will get 12th as I don't see anyone else improving their times. And Ingers has secured 2nd. So a great result for the team."
O'Brien: "I guess there's not much else to do while it is raining."
Team: "Indeed. Bring the car back in one piece, and we'll leave it at that."
O'Brien: "Alright."

Isn't today the deadline for the activity check?

I have my net back finally.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
The only new rules I'm aware of is an amendment to the driver contracts. afaik it's probably good to go.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I expected a better position but the condition out there wasn't so nice. Let's see if the team can use the data for the rest of the weekend.

BTW, my team Brunner Motorsport is interested to join the league. Any chance to get a spot on the reserve team list on page1? :-)

First podium: S8 Australian GP - 3rd at Testers sprint race

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2013 11:19AM by Wurz.
Pretty pleased with 9th in difficult conditions. Glad to bounce back with a decent showing after last round's abomination!
Mullet345 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn't today the deadline for the activity check?

Not until 9PM GMT; I'll TRY to get it done on time this week...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Can't really say I'm pleased with the free practice, well hope quali will be better!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Wurz Wrote:
> I expected a better position but the condition out
> there wasn't so nice. Let's see if the team can
> use the data for the rest of the weekend.
>
> BTW, my team Brunner Motorsport is interested to
> join the league. Any chance to get a spot on the
> reserve team list on page1? :-)

You have been added to the list!

To be honest it was difficult to resist deleting a few teams on that list that are known to be inactive ;)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
truecrysis schrieb:

> To be honest it was difficult to resist deleting a
> few teams on that list that are known to be
> inactive ;)

this ^^
will it happen sometime?
I think a similar system should be implemented as has recently been in the F1 Manager series and anyone who hasn't posted in this thread for 6 months should be removed from the team owner waiting list.

I think the pre-qualifying idea is actually pretty cool but I can see why team owners like Glen and Nathan would hate it.

Can someone outline the new contract rules or point me towards the original post please?

Don't really see any issue with the rules as tey have stood for the last eight seasons.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Not too bad, however I hoped for more with boost but always going to be difficult in the wet.

I like the pre qualyfying idea as it gets more people involved. I assume there is to much work to have a second series like the WGP300 or whatever it was called a few years ago.

K x

April fool, I missed that, no blonde jokes!

Kx
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2013 03:17PM by KGrant.
@Dan:
The rules haven't been changed much, it's more of a clarification for certain cases and will be announced soon, I guess.

As for the FP:
Great driving by Jack! I hope this was the performance explosion he waited for. He did all right, managed a great first lap before the rain got worse. Great driving. As for Andrei, this was probably a bit of a step back, but you can't win every time. Still a good performance to keep the damage low.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
LOL at the team deletion :P

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
TNR ready to drop floundering Cramer as rumours of rekindling romance are rife

The True North Team are expected in the next day to announce the expected departure of struggling returnee Guilherme Cramer.

The flambuoyant little (sorry, elongated) Brazillian has disappointed many in the series with his lace of pace in what is clearly a semi-decent package from TN and BMW.

It is currently rife throughout the paddock that a firm favourite Aussie is in the shadows, or at least earmarked for a return. The TNR Boss's admiration has been made more juicy by an apparent candlelit dinner between Mills and Sheppard merely days after the two were spotted unconvincingly buying 12 litres of orange juice in the supermarket.

End of Statement
Wet Willy News Enterprise

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2013 04:56PM by danm.
That's more like it! At the top

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy