GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
Looking forward to race, the team really needs a good result here.
The coverage was totally awesome! Won't be in for the race as it'll be some lucky boy's birthday (heh) but I'll be totally watching the vid and the other livestreams :-) great job indeed Connor!

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Christel VXR Radio

O'Brien: "I'm about to begin my next lap. I hope to improve on my previous time."
Team: "Ok. Understood. We've just released Ingers out onto the track for his next set of laps."
O'Brien: "What? That means he's in front of me. Can you please tell him to move over to let me pass."
Team: Unfortuently the radio communication seems to be playing up so we can't pass that on to him. You'll have to pass him yourself. Just don't make contact."
O'Brien: Great. This means my lap has been ruined."
Team: We are sorry for this."
O'Brien: I've just crossed the line. How much time did I lose on that lap?"
Team: Over a second. We are really sorry for this. And don't worry too much about Ingers losing too much time. He is currently 2nd. Bring the car back in one piece"
O'Brien: Ok."

I was doing pretty good for a bit during the session, but being help up by my own teammate wasn't going to help me much. Boss, please look into what happened with the radio communication. I shouldn't have to pass to get by when on my flying lap. Congrats to Ingers for qualifying 2nd. I have my work cut out for me from 18th, but I'm sure I can get into the top 10.

Looks like it was a good turnout for the live coverage? =)
I have to say that coverage really was superb! I enjoyed every second of it, massive well done.

Shame its quite hard to do, I'd love to see more of these. Though I do wonder if recording a video and commentating is much harder than stitching an entire photo thread coverage post?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
If I had some pop corns it would have been really really amazing ;) great coverage Connor :-)

My GPGSL Career
Really sorry guys, I did forget to do the activity check last night. I've been a bit "all over the place" with uni work and other things, but I'll sort it all out tonight. Obviously, I'll cut it off from things posted after 9PM yesterday.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
ohhh crap, hope i made it in for the activity.......been really sick the past week dont remember much of it... if i missed it, Sorry boss! if not, lucky me! =P
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have to say that coverage really was superb! I
> enjoyed every second of it, massive well done.
>
> Shame its quite hard to do, I'd love to see more
> of these. Though I do wonder if recording a video
> and commentating is much harder than stitching an
> entire photo thread coverage post?

The hardest part is probably having the equipment to do it at a reasonable level. And of course you have to be willing to record and commentate for the entire time, that's not for everyone, i've had a fair bit of practice to get to this stage ;-).
Personally i find it easier than doing pictures. In both methods you have to watch the session through, but with live streaming everyone does it at the same time, the software converts it to a video that you upload and thats the coverage done. Not much to deal with once the session has finished. The longest part is probably testing all the settings to get it right, and as qualifying proved, it's never right ;). Once testings done you only have the short intense sessions to do and finito.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Have you looked into the possibility of sharing the commentary box Connor?

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Get team managers/drivers to send in audio shorts next time during the race, 'pit radio' transcripts! ;)

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Have you looked into the possibility of sharing
> the commentary box Connor?

Based on a suggestion from Mr Mills, i would be able to capture "team radio" by having a bunch of people in a skype chat speaking effectively over radio, based on what they see in the stream. As for having someone else commentate based on what's on my screen, currently testing things for that :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Have you looked into the possibility of sharing
> the commentary box Connor?

The question has been raised before, there is the issue of getting the second commentator seeing the footage at the same time as the first commentator. I have an idea for it but it would need testing.
I have access to recording equipment and editing software if that is of any help.

I'd be pleased to interview any guys close to Manchester?

I'm also keen to do some more pure for the GPGSL magazine.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Round 7 - West Africa?/Boromo Superveloz - Testers Race live broadcast!

The live broadcast of the testers qualifying is about to go live! The view the full coverage, head to this link: [www.twitch.tv]

The stream should also be on any ios or android device. To watch on a mobile device, go on the app store and search for the twitch.tv app. Download and once the stream is online search the word boromo. It should come up with a live channel under the name of sonnorcteer. Select and watch! Be warned, the quality of all mobile twitch apps is pretty aweful, so do not hold too high expectations!

Activity Check (period between 5th and 19th February)

And the chain has been broken! Who's a bar short of a prison? Who's a sandwich short of a picnic? It's time to reveal...the Inactive Link!

Tim Roedl (One Racing) - last active February 03, 2013.

Tim, you are the inactive link. Goodbye...to some of your perf points.

The next round begins...you may rejoin us on the 5th March.

Very happy with 4th, surprised I managed to keep all the drivers behind me for the last few laps, it was close

Absolutely epic coverage, i had a very eventful race in which i'm happy to at least finish.
However, i'll just say it iI could have endedd on the podium with my early laps pace ! Andrei Sevastian just had to mess it all up for me :(

John had a steady race with an stunning pace in the end, although 6th and 11th doesnt look that awesome, both the Mitsubishi mechanics and the VSM engineering staff in the pit were very happy with the pace, and reliabillity of the engine. Our future is looking very bright !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
truecrysis schrieb:
> Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Have you looked into the possibility of sharing
> > the commentary box Connor?
>
> Based on a suggestion from Mr Mills, i would be
> able to capture "team radio" by having a bunch of
> people in a skype chat speaking effectively over
> radio, based on what they see in the stream. As
> for having someone else commentate based on what's
> on my screen, currently testing things for that :)

The problem I see there is that people would possibly talk over each other, since everybody can talk at the same time. Not sure if that'll really work out. ZAZ, we need a tool for this! ;) Something where people can log in and the streamer decides who can talk!

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
3rd place. Great! :-)

First podium: S8 Australian GP - 3rd at Testers sprint race
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy