GP4Builder crashes [fixed]

Posted by klausfeldmann 
GP4Builder crashes [fixed]
Date: September 11, 2012 07:27PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
Hey all,

sadly I have a major problem with the GP4Builder (v. 1.841) at the moment. When I try to add a new texture or even want to change a texture of an existing face the Builder shows me an error message and crashes. Every texture which was allready in the .GP4 is displayed correctly.

As you can see "glu32.dll" seems to be the problem. I exchanged it with an original one from the web. After that "kernel32.dll" is the problem. Replacing that by a new one sadly has no effect then.

I use an AMD Radeon HD 6450 (current drivers) from ATI as graphical card. Laurent told me, ATI may could be the problem, because they do not completely support OpenGL.

But I'm sure here are lots of people having an ATI graphical card and are though using the GP4Builder as well. In addition the Builder worked quite fine on my computer until one week ago. So, what I want to know is, whether here is someone else who had the same problem and may was be able to fix it???

Other ideas are very welcome as well :-).

Please help my to continue my career as a track editor ;-). Many thanks in advance!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2012 11:10AM by klausfeldmann.
Re: GP4Builder crashes
Date: September 12, 2012 05:07AM
Posted by: gildoorf
I use to have the same message with an old RADEON of mine...

I can´t say any further, so...

Date: September 20, 2012 12:56PM
So either we both are the only ones having problems with our Radeon or everyone here is using a NVIDIA card instead :(.
Date: September 20, 2012 03:42PM
Posted by: soulbringer
I had some issues with my Radeon, though not with Gp4Builder but with Maya instead.
It all started with me updating the drivers. After that Maya stared to behave strangely so I reversed to older driver (the one that worked). I haven't updated drivers since :-)
So my advice is to roll back drivers and see what happens.
Date: September 20, 2012 04:40PM
Posted by: phantaman
on my last PC there is an ATi Radeon HD 5870 series and had problems (not with these tools, but with others) when I upgraded to the latest drivers. kept since version 12.1 ... worked fine with this, so I keep the way it is :-)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: September 20, 2012 05:09PM
Posted by: hasbriale
Hey phantaman, did u ever had a crack at gp4 builder and making a track?
Date: September 20, 2012 08:04PM
Well, what should I say?!

First:
THANKS to soulbringer and phantaman :-). The major problem is solved now!

Second: What happened:
As it seemed, my ATI driver (Catalyst Control Center) auto-updated the driver and that was what the trouble was caused by.
I reinstalled my old driver from CD, but it wasn't enough. Updating to the latest drivers hadn't had an effect as well.

Third:
So, after reading soulbringer's and phantaman's posts I googled a little bit. I got 2 things as a result:
1. Many games/programmes do have problems with Catalyst Control Center in a version higher than 12.1, and
2. just clicking on "uninstall" isn't enough to remove the drivers completely (:-().
Date: September 20, 2012 08:25PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Assuming you have windows 7-32 bit go to that page and choose a driver lower than the 12.1 you pointed.
(it says that it's for Vista but obviously that's the same driver for 7)

support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx

Date: September 20, 2012 08:43PM
And here is
How may to fix it:

1. Uninstall the Catalyst Control Center.
2. I followed an instruction to remove CCC completely (a bit tweaking in registry and some directorys, see my annex).
3. Reinstalling CCC from CD (version 12.1 or lower).
4. Blocking internet access for ATI and all other components on firewall!

Testing showed me, that the Builder is working fine again now :).

Annex I:
Here are the Instructions I followed to remove CCC completely - sadly in german, so you may have to google for something like that in your language:
1. Zunächst über Systemsteuerung+Software den Catalys-Install-Manager deinstallieren und die Express-Deinstallation auswählen.
2. Alle ATI-Ordner/ProgramFiles löschen.
3. C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local alle ATI-Ordner löschen (d.h. in den Papierkorb).
4. C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming alle ATi-Ordner löschen.
5. Soweit dort vorhanden C:\ProgramData alle ATi-Ordner löschen.
(XP und Vista bzw. Windows 7 haben eine andere Ordnerstrutur. XP-SP3 hat keine AppData mehr, sondern Anwendungsdaten und lokale Einstellungen. Dann dort die ATi-Ordner löschen)
6. Mit "Regedit" in die Registry.
a. Hot_Key_Current User+Software alle AMD und ATI-Einträge löschen.
b. Hot_Key_Local_Machine+Software ebenfalls alle ATI-Einträge löschen.
c. Hot_Key_Users+Software ATi-Einträge löschen.

Source: [www.computerbase.de]

Annex II:
Here is a link to get old versions of Catalyst Control Center:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/downloads.aspx
(I'm not pretty sure, whether it means to get old drivers as well, maybe only the control panel is the old version...)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2012 09:12PM by klausfeldmann.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy