D.I.Y. Mods by Lost Prophets GPx

Posted by Comissario 
D.I.Y. Mods by Lost Prophets GPx
Date: April 01, 2003 04:29PM
Posted by: Comissario
As anyone already seen the "D.I.Y. Mods" ideia by "Lost Prophets GPx"? What do you think about it?

I find it a good ideia that could give new artists a chance to give their contributes to the GPx comunnitty.

What I do think it would be a good ideia would be to try and develop this into NATIONAL RACING SERIES. I think it would be great to simulate "Renault Clio Cup" as the one we have in Portugal or the "Copa Seat Leon" from Spain, etc. and "European Touring Car Championship" with Alfas, BMWs, Volvos and Hondas. This are the kind of races we can see more close to us, and that offer really great racing moments because are very disputed, and that would be great to simulate in GP4. The same for single seater series like "Formula Ford" or "Formula Renault V6", etc.

The ideia would be to creat single car, or just 3 or 4 diferent cars series to give GP4 a really wide range of simulation, since it is the best simulator around the block. We could play as building our careers in diferent racing series.
The "D.I.Y. Mods" it's a great way to creat this by dividing the part of the work by the all comunnitty!!!

JUST AN IDEIA!!!

p.s.- what a hell does "D.I.Y." stands for??? :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 back at Estoril!!
Re: D.I.Y. Mods by Lost Prophets GPx
Date: April 02, 2003 12:53AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
do it yourself :)

Date: April 02, 2003 01:00AM
Posted by: Ellis
hey, i take it your the guy who email sasjag?

Thanx for the support :)

What I do think it would be a good ideia would be to try and develop this into NATIONAL RACING SERIES. I think it would be great to simulate "Renault Clio Cup" as the one we have in Portugal or the "Copa Seat Leon" from Spain, etc. and "European Touring Car Championship" with Alfas, BMWs, Volvos and Hondas

This idea has been thought out by us a long time ago, and we came to the conclusion that its almost impossible because we would never find good pictures of every car on the grid. Try getting pictures of every DTM car on the grid, and then remember that this is a very important series! Can u imagine how hard it would be to get other lesser series?

Because we have been working on GT cars alot, i needed a bit of abreak so i started a little Formula Ford car, mgiht be released, probably not., its just to get me away from GT cars for a short time

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 02, 2003 01:07AM
Posted by: andrew_S
well ive got STCC supertourers into the game, atm i dont really want to follow it up though im afraid as ive got no tools to make a set, however your idea is a good one, we could have national series, its very feasable, ellis might not be able to do it, as he doesnt know much about some series, in portugal or anything, but im sure some people who knows what there talking about wouldnt have a problem

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: April 02, 2003 02:01AM
We cud do BTCC thats easier to research

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: April 02, 2003 02:54AM
Posted by: sasjag
:D

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 02, 2003 03:00AM
I'm glad this topic started a discussion.
Yes, I'm the guy who sended the e-mail to sasjag.

I do agree with Ellis that it would be dificult to find images for lot's of cars, but that's the all ideia of using the "D.I.Y. Mods" because, an example, it's easyer for me to find "Renault Clio Cup" from Portugal pictures, than to somebody who isn't from Portugal, but yet, unfortunatly it's not easy to find good ones, I do Agree.
Any way, from series like the "BTCC" or "ETCC" or the "Clio Sport Eurocup" or "Formula Renaul Eurocup" or even "DTM" with German Fans I think it would not be so dificult!!

JUST AN IDEIA!!

Any way, just KEEP THE GOOD WORK!!!

p.s.- @ variante_ascari: I wanted to do it myself!! Unfortunatly I'm not very talented!! :| So I have to get the others to do the durty work!!! ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 back at Estoril!!
Date: April 03, 2003 01:30AM
Posted by: bazza
I was thinking about trying to start the BTCC series.

In fact I started the Team PSP Proton, and will keep doing that till it's done. It may take a while though, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Baz

Date: April 03, 2003 02:11AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Comissario, I think variante_ascari meant that DIY stands for "Do It Yourself" not that you should do it yourself.....though you could do :p

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: April 03, 2003 03:20AM
LOL ;) ;) ;)

That was good "Do It Yourself"!!!! Sorry about the mistake, variante_ascari, but I'm still not very talented in editing. Thanks for the explanation -qwerty-.

Let's wait for this things and see if this ideia can go forward or not.

F1 back at Estoril!!
Date: April 03, 2003 12:32PM
About the "D.I.Y. Mods":

How is the Corvette C5R project?
I'm looking forward to try and do a skin for it!!!

F1 back at Estoril!!
Date: April 03, 2003 01:30PM
car shape is done, just waitng for ellis to send it to me so i can remap it

Sim

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 03, 2003 01:58PM
yeah, its done, but i went and forgot the disc :| and im here for a few days, again, my fault :';(

Date: April 03, 2003 03:06PM
Shame on you Ellis!!! ;)
Guess we just have to wait!!! :|
Any way:
KEEP THE GREAT WORK!!!

F1 back at Estoril!!
Date: April 03, 2003 03:14PM
Posted by: brettly
You know what they say....all GREAT things take time.
Date: April 03, 2003 03:14PM
Well the Gt1 cars are soooo close to being done! They will defiantly be out by this time next week

We have done the AMG Mercedes, the Perssons Mercedes, the AG and Zakspeed prosches and sasjags only got finishing touches to do on the McLaren and the Panoz, which are looking good, especially the mclaren

the Porsche and Panoz shapes are from the Virtual Le Man team SCGT cars, so they get credit for them, but sasjag for new textures and mapping on them.

Im making the pref file right now! There is 10 GT1 cars that will be in the game, and we have to do something bout the 12 F1 cars left, so we are going to set the failures to the highest and the Preformance to very low (not TOO low, but low enough they cant beat the GT1 cars) and hopefully they will retire on lap one or two

there wont be hpysics with the Gt1 cars, but there will be with the fullset, we havent worked out how to do them great yet!Only liveries and pref will be with the GT1 cars, no garages or pit crews or anything yet! We might not do garages cos that means u ahve to download new track gfx and cant use stuff like Brunos tracks

Date: April 04, 2003 02:23AM
yep, will finish them off as soon as i get in

Sim

Date: April 04, 2003 03:25AM
Hope to get my hands on those Mods A.S.A.P.!! :)

TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM with the 12 left F1 cars, that will be dificult, I suppose. I tryed something similar because of the 11th F1 team that doesn't exist this year and it's not easy. When I set low performance, even with high failure probability they don't crash or have problems right on the first laps, and when you catch them after one or two laps they are going slow on a corner or something and blocking all the cars. Then I tryed to put really low power in the cars! That was stupid because then they almoust didn't start and when you get to the start/finish straight they where there messing the all race.

Maybe setting low performance for the drivers, high failure and high power to the cars, and see if they crash or blow at the start.
It would be cool if there was a way to disable cars, maybe with GPx Patch, but I suppose that's too dificult, or else it would already have been done.

The best solution will be to put a cannon on my car and blow them away when I catch them!!!! ;)

F1 back at Estoril!!
Date: April 04, 2003 11:54AM
McLaren F1 is done now :D

just a few parts left on the panoz b4 that's done

will post the screens later

Sim

Date: April 04, 2003 12:31PM
The 12 F1 cars that will be low pref will be slow enough so they dont pass the GT cars, but fast enough that u wont catch them in two laps, and hopfully they will retire before you catch them!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy