Boromo Superveloz by F1virtual - RELEASED

Posted by gildoorf 
Re: Boromo Superveloz by F1virtual - RELEASED
Date: April 17, 2013 11:14PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
Bad point (N).
In consideration to the original 2001 tracks, every track needs an update.

In general I think, that every modder should do, what he likes to do. Of course it would be nice to have Monaco or Istanbul updated, but if F1vitual likes to make other tracks, it would be okay for me (Y). That's the only point I wanted to express ;-).
Date: April 18, 2013 12:05AM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
now it seems that you guys got me wrong after all..

I love the new released tracks and all the updates F1Virtual is doing for us. But I remember F1Virtual was
working on Monaco and Istanbul some time ago and was very much looking forward to that since the versions I have are a little buggy.
So I was just wondering if they were still in the pipeline, nothing more, nothing less

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: April 18, 2013 12:07AM
Posted by: Briere
Istanbul, yes
Monaco, I don't know

:)
Date: April 18, 2013 12:08AM
Briere Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Istanbul, yes
> Monaco, I don't know
>
> :)

thank you :)

Date: April 18, 2013 02:34AM
Posted by: ramf1v
klausfeldmann Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bad point (N).
> In consideration to the original 2001 tracks,
> every track needs an update.
>
> In general I think, that every modder should do,
> what he likes to do. Of course it would be nice to
> have Monaco or Istanbul updated, but if F1vitual
> likes to make other tracks, it would be okay for
> me (Y). That's the only point I wanted to express
> ;-).

I totally agree, I think it's great what f1v are doing at the moment, churning out tracks like a mosheen :-), I'm beavering away at Melbourne as and when I get time, it's always been my favourite track, life for me right now is just about as @#$%& as it could get, everything seems to be conspiring to keep me away from the PC, so progress is slow.

These releases are inspiring for modders , I've been diddling with Melbourne stuff for a while, and now I have somewhere to put it. I'm not talking about bog standard advert updates, I'm building the track as is in 2013, new stands, new textures/fencing layout, run offs, pitlane, track markings etc, but I have to put real life first for now so it's only a few hours a week.

I want to make good progress before I post screens and beta's for testing.

F1Dev
Date: April 18, 2013 04:55PM
Posted by: gildoorf
My points. (Still worthy I guess)

1. These beta files are named "as so" for two main reasons: As F1 virtual team had (temporarily or not) lost important minds such as Ruboy, PBlanco, TTM and Ed Schueyfan, it became a nightmare to deal with massive efforts need to get a wad 100% concluded. Also, I simply could not stand with these files on my own, hiding it to everyone else, hiding my own efforts themselves. These combined I decided to release them, as beta files as it goes, and as beta files they must remain, since there are absolutely zero perspective to get them accomplished.

2. A trackmaker has the right of choice, based on whatever he chooses as funnier to deal with. Some guys enjoy vintage venues (I hate them - the tracks, not the guys), some others deal with convertion, etc, etc... I rather like F1 tracks, as current as it goes, and fictional ones as well, for experimentation and just because I draw circuits sketches since I learned how to.

3. Laurent´s GP4 Builder is an impressive tool. A gift from heaven. I´m sure one can create a full track properly fit for gp4, non-bug, neat and beautiful in no more than a week. A dat file can be made in one day.

4. We as trackmakers are not helpful, I know and blame myself for that. There´s a lot of knowledge unshared to community as it should. Our fault, my fault. Maybe it changes someday, I won´t say it now when.

Next beta files on my schedule are Barcelona 2011, Istanbul 2011, Silverstone 2009, Montreal 2011 and Ricardo Tormo Testing Track. These ones are closely done, and there´s not much to be added or whatever. I´m not dealing with any other project at this moment, and so it will be till 2014.

Regards.
Gildoorf

Date: April 18, 2013 05:20PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
Thanks gildoorf for this nice overview (Y). I totally agree in what you said.

The unshared knowledge about trackediting of GP4 in general maybe is the biggest "brake" of community's progress. Of course it would be nice to know all tricks to make a track perfect, but on the other hand I understand a track editer not sharing all his knowledge. I even cannot exclude myself in that point. Although I'm not a master like someone else, nevertheless I maybe have had one or two ideas those weren't shared so far, because they weren't tested so far or because we all are also in a kind of competition.

But nevertheless I think we all should share more of our knowledge in future ;-).
Date: April 18, 2013 08:06PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Hi Gildoorf,

Interesting to know why you hate vintage venues. Please explain. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: April 18, 2013 10:26PM
thanks for the info mate! :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy