Photo-Realistic Williams Steering Wheel

Posted by JPM 
Photo-Realistic Williams Steering Wheel
Date: March 31, 2003 01:18AM
Posted by: JPM

I have had a look for the bottom steering wheel (the best one) but i cannot find it on any site including this one. I believe it is by Stifflers Mum.

Can you help me?

Cheers

JPM
Re: Photo-Realistic Williams Steering Wheel
Date: March 31, 2003 04:22AM
Posted by: Lee
Forget the Williams wheel & get the Ferrari Momo 2003 wheel from [www.gpx.it]

It looks great & retains full GP4 functionality & gets rid of that unsightly writting across the centre of both wheels in your pictures.

I use it with the superb Caelean cockpits ( as in your pictures ) but you will have to email 1 file to him for modification. The details are in the Readme file.

Strongly suggest you give it a try.
Date: March 31, 2003 05:32AM
Posted by: edd882
Bit puzzled by this I must say. First off, I made that picture to show a guy on another forum, it's hosted by me. Secondly, why not post on that forum asking myself about it, instead of posting here.
If you want the wheel, I can get it to you certainly.

Also, why would he want a Ferrari wheel? Personally I prefer to use either the Williams or McLaren, so I can understand where he is coming from. I also modified this new version of the wheel to work with Caelen's cockpit window, it's not that difficult.

Post Edited (03-31-03 12:34)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Do you see Darrell Waltrip using up his tyres?
Date: March 31, 2003 06:05AM
Posted by: Lee
I simply suggested the Ferrari wheel as it looks really good IMHO & retains the full LCD display.

The writting across the centre of the other wheels looks untidy & I understand that you can do nothing about this without a cockpit editor.

I am currently "driving" a Williams & it dosn't matter to me that the wheel is based on a Ferrari. I want the graphics to look right & think this wheel looks great in any cockpit. I accept that for some it will be more important to have the right wheel in the right car.

I was just trying to be helpful to JPM.

Date: March 31, 2003 08:23AM
Yeah fair enough, I didn't mean to sound harsh.

The right wheel doesn't necessarily have to be in the right car, I used a generic wheel for a long time, but obviously a Ferrari wheel is specific to that team.

I would take a look at the Ferrari wheel myself, but I must say, I find gpx.it one of the worst websites I have ever encountered. You just can't get to anything.

Post Edited (03-31-03 15:43)

Date: March 31, 2003 10:14AM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Hmn, contacted caelen but no response. :(

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: March 31, 2003 10:46AM
Posted by: LarryM
Hi Edd882,
do I undrstand you correctly- is there a photo realistic Mclaren wheel available? If so, please tell me where. ;)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: March 31, 2003 04:32PM
Right, here is the deal.

A while back on another forum, the author of these wheels (Stifflers Mum/Art Epoque) post previews and links to download. 3 of his wheels are available on www.grandprixgames.org in the downloads>wheels section. They are the Ferrari, Williams and McLaren wheels.

LarryM, here is the direct link to the McLaren wheel [193.111.112.56]

However, the Williams wheel was updated, in version two. The image at the very top shows the difference between the two versions. I downloaded version 2 at the time, from a link on that forum which is now dead.
I recently, on the same forum, posted to ask if this author is around anymore and if he is considering doing any more wheels. Somebody replied asking about his Williams wheel and I explained about the two versions.

If anybody desperately wants the updated version, I am willing to send it to them.

Date: March 31, 2003 08:35PM
Posted by: LarryM
Thanks edd882. The link didn't work, but I already have the mclaren (epoque in nov 2002)and the orginal williams. The mclaren looks messy, so I am using ad hoc's generic. I wish some one could do a really photo realistic mclaren wheel . Something to wait for. :)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: April 01, 2003 12:05AM
Posted by: Caelen
edd882 could you please send me the updated version of the williams wheel, i did send a private message in the high gear forum making the same request, hopefully you havent received it yet,if possible send too Caelen@BigPond.com , thanks in advance
Date: April 01, 2003 01:20AM
Posted by: JPM
Thanx for all your help:-)

The reason that I didn't post a question in the other forum is that it didn't seem the author was responding. I would love you to send it to me. My email is zgriff@xavier.vic.edu.au

Cheers

JPM
Date: April 01, 2003 04:19AM
Posted by: genesis
wow those tyres on the first wheel pic look amazing, who done em?

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: April 01, 2003 05:41AM
The top picture is taken from Caelen's cockpit preview, I think I am right in saying the tyres are also his and available at grandprixgames.org under the name 'GP4 Dry Tyres'.

LarryM:

Yes I agree, however that McLaren wheel is certainly the best, and in fact only McLaren wheel I have come across for GP4.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy