New Smoke & Fire

Posted by davegp4 
New Smoke & Fire
Date: July 18, 2012 04:34AM
Posted by: davegp4
Hi there people of the community, is there a realistic looking smoke & fire? the oil leak smoke look great!(H)but when the engine lets go it looks a bit fake :( can we get the engine smoke like the oil leak smoke but say thicker? & my fire is still vertical, I'msure flames should wave towards the back of the car at about 100kph even 50kph, any idea's?
Re: New Smoke & Fire
Date: July 18, 2012 05:36AM
Posted by: vesuvius
Hi, I have done many...they do mainly make bigger,thicker rainspray and smokes.also new damaged parts etc. Engine blow surely looks better too!Fire texture is a different texture to this and that I have not done (yet). I will see what can be done...and release those textures I have done.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2012 05:38AM by vesuvius.
Date: July 18, 2012 05:50AM
vesuvius sounds like you've done some work on the smoke trail! is it as easy as just altering the onesmoke.tex because I tried that with no effect? maybe I loaded it wrong? do you insert your work with wad updater load all tracks or just replace onesmoke?
Date: July 18, 2012 07:45AM
davegp4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> vesuvius sounds like you've done some work on the
> smoke trail! is it as easy as just altering the
> onesmoke.tex because I tried that with no effect?
> maybe I loaded it wrong? do you insert your work
> with wad updater load all tracks or just replace
> onesmoke?
Yes onesmoke contains all those smoke,dust,spark,rainspray and damage textures.I have done several versions to get better and bigger rainspray and have had some good success. Yes I use wadupdater to update all tracks with my new onesmoke.tex.
Date: July 18, 2012 09:24PM
Posted by: Lo2k
I did this kind of changes and you can get the files from here (and remove the fake fire optionaly).

And BTW you can't wave the fire at all because fire texture is applied to a cross quad (like a tree) and thus waving it to the back would also wave it to the right (for example).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2012 09:27PM by Lo2k.
Date: July 19, 2012 01:20AM
thanks guys for digging this one back up again,one thing that could be changed maybe by useing the animated flag idea (used for waveing trees) applied the the fire? also the blown engine smoke, can we get that looking like the water & oil smoke (fine) Don't get me wrong guys the work you've all done is superb & I can't do that sort of work, just idea's to make our game look the best it can be. I'm useing Lo2k's at the moment.
Date: July 19, 2012 06:34AM
I will post mine today...actually you can find some of mine that I have uploaded over a year ago(several onesmoke.tex's to choose from) from here for tests:
[www.mediafire.com]

and here is a preview of rainspray, how it looks in game:

By vesuvius26 at 2012-07-08
Date: July 19, 2012 10:49AM
Posted by: lewis-hamilton00
i test some vesa send me few days ago and it roooooooooocks

My Gp4 onboards channel.
[www.youtube.com]

Hamilton is the best !
Date: July 20, 2012 12:56AM
yes done some testing last night & very happy with the look great job vesuvius, lo2k Question if the fire texture is applied to a cross quad (like a tree) is it possible to cross it a few times so it fans back left & right?
Date: July 20, 2012 02:45AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Thanks vesa!
Date: July 25, 2012 01:35AM
Question if the fire texture is applied to a cross quad (like a tree) is it possible to cross it a few times so it fans back left & right?
Date: July 25, 2012 09:53PM
davegp4 écrivait:
> is it possible to cross it a
> few times so it fans back left & right?

Hmm...I'm don't know what you mean but I'm sure however that we can't edit at all the cross quad geometry.
So all you can do is changing fire texture and thus it leaves very few possibilities.

Date: July 25, 2012 10:13PM
Posted by: ColdBlood
Hello ves,

How do I remove lines/square shown in the below picture?

Have modified the alpha channel of it, but no good outcome...

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

Date: July 26, 2012 01:17AM
ok were stuck with the cross quad geometry for fire hmmm.... does anyone remeber the smoke & fire in gp2 version? geoff had the fire pooring out the back, is there any way we could apply the data from that game version?(I)
Date: July 26, 2012 07:08PM
Simply removing fire is the best solution right now.

Date: July 26, 2012 08:23PM
ColdBlood Wrote:
> Hello ves,
>
> How do I remove lines/square shown in the below
> picture?
>
> [s10.postimage.org]
>
> Have modified the alpha channel of it, but no good
> outcome...

If I remember you do get rid of them somehow by editong the alpha channel..I have done some versions that I have manage to do this. I will have to take a look in to this :D
Date: July 26, 2012 11:54PM
Posted by: ColdBlood
Whenever it is updated, please keep us posted :)

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

Date: July 27, 2012 12:43AM
ok I guess no fire is better than fake fire, thanks again keep those inivations comeing guys!(Y)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy