Problem with too high PO [Solved]

Posted by Alessio88 
Problem with too high PO [Solved]
Date: July 14, 2012 05:09PM
Posted by: Alessio88
Hello guys,i hope someone here could help me,i hve a problem that it's driving me crazy...i'm trying to race in hockneheim,(it's the 2008 version if i'm not wrong) but suddenly from when i start the race i get a very high P.O,it's up to 2000-2500,it happen only with this track,there is a way to reduce the p.o? i tried with resize all the cars textures down to 2048*2048,but no results,before when i was using even the Hd textures <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">the cars</a> with this textures were all black,from when i have reduced them i get the textures fine,but the P.o still too high,any help please??

Greetings
Alessio

CoM3 oN McL4R3n.....:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2012 11:36AM by Alessio88.
Re: Problem with too high PO
Date: July 14, 2012 05:13PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
do you use the track in TSM ? if so upload it and sent me the link i'll test it out for you :)
Date: July 14, 2012 05:20PM
Cheers mate,just sent to you the Pm with the link,maybe it could be a problem with the f1 graphics.cfg once again i think...:(

Greetings
Alessio

Date: July 14, 2012 05:29PM
Posted by: brudu92
have you all the lower lods??
Date: July 14, 2012 05:36PM
Just a little edit: i tried even again the silverstone track where it used to run fine,but now even with this track i have a very high P.O and the game it's slow,unbelivble,i didn't modify anything,just from one day to another the game it become so slow...:( i don't understand

Greetings
Alessio

Date: July 14, 2012 05:42PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Then i recommand to remove your f1graphic.cfg file and f1gstate.sav file and let the game recalibrate again. When that is done you can put your saved graphic file back in the game !
Date: July 14, 2012 05:55PM
Done,but nothing changed :(

Greetings
Alessio

Date: July 14, 2012 06:08PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Try the game with other cars.wad to see if it's cars.wad related problem. i remember having these kind of PO problems long time ago with my old pc... Don't remember what caused it, maybe it was some graphic card setting or that some program on the background took too muc power from the pc( you can check that from controlpanel)
Date: July 14, 2012 06:12PM
The thing it's that i didn't modify anything,sunday the game was working today it's so,slow..how can i see from the control panel wich voice it is to check?

Greetings
Alessio

Date: July 14, 2012 06:30PM
Alessio88 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The thing it's that i didn't modify
> anything,sunday the game was working today it's
> so,slow..how can i see from the control panel wich
> voice it is to check?

here is my f1graphics.cfg you requested: [www.mediafire.com]

hmm. press ctrl+alt+del to go for your control panel, frome there go to check tab called prosses or what it's in your language, there you can see prosessor occupany, if't very high..over 10% or something, then there is some program/programs that uses too much of pc power:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2012 06:33PM by vesuvius.
Date: July 14, 2012 08:25PM
Yes,Vesa we are getting there,now i still have 10 to 16 percentage and the P.O went down to 600-655, i was thinking is there a setting for the cpu where i can put to give priority to the applications? (in this case would be gp4.exe),i'm using windows 7,64 bit

Greetings
Alessio

Date: July 14, 2012 08:30PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Added to what Vesuvius posted if your PO is too much high:

- Don't use HD textures (4096X4096) (21,6Mo) but use 2048x2048 (5,31Mo) or even 1024x1024
- You have to use lower lods. Your wad will be bigger but it will decrease your PO in game. So don't force the game to use the lod_0 only.
- Check your graphic card settings (don't use quality settings if you are using a Nvidia graphic card).
- Don't use the f1grapghic file settings but prefer to set the graphics manually into the menu of the game. So, edit this line into your f1graphic file like this:
0 ; f1graphics.cfg controls all settings (default 0)
- Also, reduce the size of the tyres textures, if you need it.

Check if it is better, also regarding Vesuvius post above...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: July 14, 2012 08:46PM
Thanks for help mate,i have an nvidia GT 640,i will have a look at this things you said,but i was thinking it must be some setting with the cpu because i didn't touch anything on the game,and from one day to another the game became so slow,the only things i have done if i don't remember well it was to install some windows updates..

My pc specifics: Processor: AMD Atlhom II X3 445 3.10 Ghz
Ram:4 GB
Graphic Video: Nvidia Ge force 640 GT 1 Gb Ram

what do you guys think about it?

Greetings
Alessio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2012 08:50PM by Alessio88.
Date: July 14, 2012 08:51PM
So with Ccleaner or Iobit toolbox, or another tool, disable all the unuseful processus starting with windows (personaly, I only keep my antivirus at the start of Windows).

Edit: Your pc spec are reasonable to play the game. I used to play with an Athlon 64 X2 6400+ (3,2Ghz), 8go ram, windows 7 64bit, Nvidia Geforce 8600GT and it ran perfectly....

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2012 08:57PM by Excalibur.
Date: July 14, 2012 08:59PM
That's the thing xd ,what happend it was running fine untill last week :( :( ,so for the cpu do you know anything about it?is there a chance to set it to give pryority to the game exutable?

Greetings
Alessio

Date: July 14, 2012 09:04PM
If you didn't modify anything for the game since it worked fine, this must be due to a processus that occupies your CPU with new programs installed or updates, I suppose.

check your programs launched at the start of windows as I said and check the services launched automatically.... services.msc

Edit: You can also try to restore windows to an old point (Recovery) when the game worked fine....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2012 09:13PM by Excalibur.
Date: July 14, 2012 10:24PM
have you tried to run gp4, windows 7 set with compatible mode to let's say windows xp (service pack 3) ? that's what I use and it works smoothly :)
Date: July 14, 2012 10:30PM
Posted by: Lo2k
You may also check that no anti-aliasing method is set or even forced in the geforce control panel... anti-aliasing is sometimes causing a huge PO impact with some graphical cards in GP4.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2012 10:32PM by Lo2k.
Date: July 14, 2012 11:09PM
I really have to say thanks to you guys,to be so kind to try to help me,latest news: i tried with cc cleaner like excalibbur said and after i did a defrag as well,nothing
tried like Vesa said with windows xp compatibility,nothing
tried like lo2k said about the anti alising but nothing..
i will try to restore the pc later,after that i don't know what else to do,looks like my career at gp4 it's finished :( :( anyway thanks once again to you guys :) really appreciated..

Greetings
Alessio

Date: July 14, 2012 11:48PM
I hope you do get it working mate. You can try to return your pc few days backwards....maybe to saturday or sunday when it last time worked well.if that doesn't help then maybe you will have to reinstall gp4...but backup your files first, so you don't lose everything you have updated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy