Problem to install new tarmac [Solved]

Posted by Alessio88 
Problem to install new tarmac [Solved]
Date: June 20, 2012 09:05PM
Posted by: Alessio88
Hello guys,i'm trying to install the new tarmac by Vesuvius.I have replaced the new tarmacmap.tex file (of valencia circuit) with the new one using wad updater,then iìve set to off the bump mupping option in the graphic menu of the game,but when i go to play i still have the old tarmac,i'm using CSM and so TSM any help please?

Greetings
Alessio

CoM3 oN McL4R3n.....:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2012 12:45PM by Alessio88.
Re: Problem to install new tarmac
Date: June 20, 2012 09:30PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Have you tried any other tracks? If not, try! As Sometimes wadupdater doesn't for some reason overwrite the original tarmacmap in resources folder...instead it installs it to the other folder inside the track.wad...maybe there is a by mistake from the author of the track that he has put another tarmacmap's in the track.wad and because of this only another one of the two will be replaced and in this case it's the wrong one. If you want you cand send me the track and tarmacmap you want and I will install the tarmacmap for you :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2012 09:31PM by vesuvius.
Date: June 21, 2012 12:13AM
Ok understood,i've tried in 4 tracks,in some tracks with wad updater i can see 2 different tarmac files,and one it's always in another folder,where wad updater don't replace it,it only replace one file,and in some tracks with wad updater i can only see 1 tarmac file and if i replace it,than in game it's still the old one...thanks for your hel mate,but if you can tell me how to do it myself it would be great..thanks again

Greetings
Alessio

Date: June 21, 2012 10:54PM
Any help please? no one to teach me how to replace that tarmac.tex file guys? cheers

Greetings
Alessio

Date: June 21, 2012 11:07PM
Alessio do you have gp4master? with that you can do it....you need to open the track.wad you want to update, then extract all the the files to folder for example C:\valencia
then go to the folder you just created, there you can see all the folders the .wad contains (fonts, maps and samples)
go to maps folder where you can find yet another folders ...go to resources folder and there you can see there is a tarmacmap.tex that needs to be updated...so overwrite that with the one you want to be in game.
then you must go back to the gp4master and compile the wad again.

but then again you are using csm and tsm so maybe those have different ways to work...I'm not sure, hope someone who knows these better can help.
Date: June 21, 2012 11:27PM
Thanks for help mate,Gp4 master don't work,i think because i'm using CSM and so another Gp4.exe,so i will send you the tracks to update like you told me before,thanks again Vesa :)...

Greetings
Alessio

Date: June 21, 2012 11:54PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
why don't you use EASYWAD its much better then wadupdater, you OPEN a wad with easywad and you get the WAD in a complete menu :)

with easywad you just double click on the wad and it goes open. The tarmac file you have to put in the MAPS\Track folder and MAPS\Resource folder :)
Date: June 22, 2012 12:14AM
Bigbrother Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> why don't you use EASYWAD its much better then
> wadupdater, you OPEN a wad with easywad and you
> get the WAD in a complete menu :)
>
> with easywad you just double click on the wad and
> it goes open. The tarmac file you have to put in
> the MAPS\Track folder and MAPS\Resource folder :)

tried,but then when i click to the wad to open i get this message Illegal switch,and the game path

Greetings
Alessio

Date: June 22, 2012 12:30AM
can you take a screenshot of the message please
Date: June 22, 2012 01:42AM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
I've experienced that the virtualF1 tracks does not get the updated tarmac through wadupdater. Have you tested tracks from other authors?

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: June 22, 2012 08:05PM
ok now easy wad it's working,so with that tool,i have put the tarmac.tex file in both: maps\resoures and also in maps\indianapolis 2001,but again when i go to paly in game i still have the old tarmac :(

Greetings
Alessio

Date: June 23, 2012 06:15AM
Posted by: rracunis
You have been done in a more difficult way . If you already introduced it into maps\indianapolis 2001 just delete the file . Open the track wad with the easywad , go to maps/resources and paste the new file , forget any another program to change the tarmac.tex since you use CSM .
And don't expect too much difference ingame like you see in the screenshoots because there is moviment , the diference is subtle .

Greetings

Ricardo
Date: June 23, 2012 11:34AM
Done like you said,but still nothing to do mate :(:( still have the old tarmac...

Greetings
Alessio

Re: Problem to install new tarmac [Solved]
Date: June 23, 2012 12:46PM
Thsnks to big brother i solved the problem,there is just a small issue but we are getting there xd,anyway ot was a problem with my f1graphics.cfg file,that's why i coudn't see the new tarmac..thanks for help guys :):)

Greetings
Alessio

Date: June 23, 2012 01:06PM
The problem was bump mapping. Ingame it was set off but in the graphic file it was set to 1 and since the first line of the graphic file was set to 1, the game used the settings of the graphic file and so bump mapping on :)

This was the line in the graphic file: 0 ; Bump map track (requires DP3; 0 => off)

Your welcome to have solved the problem mate, enjoy !
Date: June 23, 2012 05:42PM
Great that you solved the problem! thanks Steven for finding that out... I knew it couldn't be a big problem but I thought people had checked that bumpmapping was disabled as I said that the new tarmacs won't work with bumpmapping on! but seems like I forgot to mention that you need to check both in game and f1graphics.cfg settings :D
Date: June 23, 2012 06:16PM
Yeah if bump map is activated in the graphic file then even when its off ingame it gets overruled due the graphic file :)

and your welcome :)
Date: June 24, 2012 02:27PM
Posted by: lewis-hamilton00
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

endly it's over,the tarmac i so sweet now :)

My Gp4 onboards channel.
[www.youtube.com]

Hamilton is the best !
Date: June 24, 2012 04:21PM
lewis-hamilton00 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
> EEES
>
> endly it's over,the tarmac i so sweet now :)

You had the same issue?

Glad its solved for both :-)
Date: June 24, 2012 06:39PM
Posted by: ramf1v
Ok, so WHY are 2 textures needed by the game ?

Why is there one in the track folder and one in the resource folder...hmmmmm ? How do they interact ? Is one overlayed ? I know the bumpmap texture is tiled, but most people don't use that.

F1Dev
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy