Posted by 97kirkc 
Slllllloooooowwww GP4 (HELP)
Date: March 26, 2003 01:29PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
My system is as follows:

P4 1.7GHz
256 Mb RAM
60Gb HDD
Geforce 2 MX400 64Mb With TV-OUT (30.82 Detonator XP drivers with fresh install)
17" SAMSUNG SyncMaster.

I remember when I played the unedited GP4 at the beginning I got it to run with alot of fiddling with about 45 fps and PO at around 70.

Now with all the updates and upgrades of the game I can only get a stuttering 23fps and PO at around 120-130

Please help I am desperate.

Thank you very much in advanced.

Re: Slllllloooooowwww GP4 (HELP)
Date: March 26, 2003 01:31PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Turn down hardware accelleration for your soundcard firstly.
Check out Major Toms graphics config.
Take out the mirrors. Let us know if that does anything.

....................I quite like this now.
Date: March 26, 2003 01:41PM
Taken out the mirrors.
Spent months experimenting with f1graphics.cfg and I beilieve I have got it to the best I can for my system.
And I had already taken off the sound acceleration.

Thanks for the ideas though, they are much abiliged.

Date: March 26, 2003 05:22PM
Posted by: sharkhello
When I had this problem i simply updated my graphics drivers, backed up all the files I had installed in GP4, e.g. car.wad. I then uninstalled gp4 and reinstalled it followed by the patch and gpxpatch. I then tweaked it with the original gp4 settings and then reinstated all my backed up files and I was running gp4 twice as fast. It now runs brilliantly! It only took half and hour.
Date: March 26, 2003 06:05PM
Posted by: JPM
The only other thing it might be is the textures that you are using. Some of the textures have been produced in 1024*768 which means that the processor has to work twice has hard to draw the cars. Also the original textures are in compressed mode which again makes it easier to draw.
That may be the problem.

Cheers

JPM
Date: March 27, 2003 09:00AM
Posted by: NiGhTmArE666
I was installing a GP4 at a friend of mine and every went well untill i put in the carshapes of CTPD in it. For some reason GP4 started to stutter and go very slow..

installed GP4 again and didn't put in the CTPD carshapes and everything went well. Personally i don't have any problems with those carshapes but maybe it will help...

Webmaster [gp4.gamer.nl]
ICQ 34979918
e-mail : niels@gp3.gamers.nl
Date: March 27, 2003 10:28AM
Posted by: Chunter
yea those textures are good looking form the ferrari..but also a killer on resources..try freeing up ram from msconfig to help a little and to turn off vsync and turn down image quality a notch in your display settings..
Date: March 27, 2003 11:52AM
thanks for all the help everyone

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy