Monaco 1967 track

Posted by Meteoro405 
Re: Monaco 1967 track
Date: June 16, 2012 02:23AM
Posted by: Richard J
Atticus

Ran a race with the track again. All the cars followed the correct CC line until they made a pit stop. Then the last turn issues of following a incorrect CC line takes place for the cars that have made a pit stop. Those cars that have not made a pit stop continue to follow the correct CC line in the last corner until they have also made a pit stop. On the next lap, they then take an incorrect CC line in the last corner which is there until the end of the race. It appears that since there is not a correct pit lane, and they do not actually make a visual pit stop in the game, it affects the correct CC line going into and exiting the last corner. The multiple movements to the left/right/left which makes them hit the track barriers, is the car looking for the pit lane.

Richard J
Date: June 16, 2012 04:24AM
Posted by: kerleyf1
I think the suggestion will be great if added to the EXCELLENT original version 1.0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: June 16, 2012 05:48AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Can someone work on the CC Line?
Date: June 16, 2012 10:47AM
Posted by: Atticus.
Richard J Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Atticus
>
> Ran a race with the track again. All the cars
> followed the correct CC line until they made a pit
> stop. Then the last turn issues of following a
> incorrect CC line takes place for the cars that
> have made a pit stop. Those cars that have not
> made a pit stop continue to follow the correct CC
> line in the last corner until they have also made
> a pit stop. On the next lap, they then take an
> incorrect CC line in the last corner which is
> there until the end of the race. It appears that
> since there is not a correct pit lane, and they do
> not actually make a visual pit stop in the game,
> it affects the correct CC line going into and
> exiting the last corner. The multiple movements
> to the left/right/left which makes them hit the
> track barriers, is the car looking for the pit
> lane.

Hm, I see. I ran a test with my improved CC-line and it appears that this solved the problem. I had no such issue. I think the problem could have been twofold:

1) The excellent F1virtual CC-line tutorial especially advises against using Radius values below +/-2000. The last corner of ginoblade's work used a 1850...
2) The whole track used a ShiftAngle value in the Initial sector of the CC-line, which I never use, always leave it on 0. Once I used it some time ago, and it caused the whole line in-game to deviate from the one I saw in GP4Builder. So I think it is better to leave it on 0.

However, I still cannot state my solution is good, because apparently the test I made yesterday with no mechanical failures and no DNFs was a one-offs. Several other tests did result in a lot of failures and DNFs. On Ace level... I don't know how to reduce them properly. On a few tracks of mine the CC-line got worked out well, on others not...

I have an assumption for the mechanical failures though: maybe I cannot use Shift values as high as 120 or 200 in the sectors with very low Radius values...

EDIT: I found out that mechanical failures are usually high using the original Monaco track (and untouched GP4) anyway. So 'only' DNFs have to be decreased.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2012 11:23AM by Atticus..
Date: May 11, 2014 02:35PM
Anyone update the CC-line? Atticus?

Can you share with us?

P.S: Sorry for bump.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: May 12, 2014 01:43AM
I'm not sure if I can upload it for the public, but check your PM. :)
Date: May 12, 2014 04:35AM
Posted by: TomMK
Can you PM it to me too please Atticus!!!

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: May 12, 2014 08:26AM
Posted by: quickslick
me too, please
Date: May 13, 2014 01:57AM
Thanks for the answer atticus.

Date: May 13, 2014 08:54PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Could you send it to me (or upload it here) as well if you have a chance please.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 13, 2014 09:57PM
I asked for permission and I successfully got it, so here you go, guys:

[www.sendspace.com]

Have fun and, of course, do indicate if something is wrong (although all the feedback up to now, via PMs, indicated no problem).
Date: May 14, 2014 04:12AM
Thanks again Atticus.

Date: May 14, 2014 05:43AM
Posted by: Richard J
Atticus, downloaded this track again from the new site you provided. You indicated that you had done an update to the CCC line. Unfortunately, I still do not have a working pit lane. I reviewed the video Hasbriale had done on Page 1 of this topic. I noted that it had what appeared to have a working pit lane. Do you or any one know where I can get a copy of the track downloaded with a working pit lane?

Richard J
Date: May 14, 2014 02:56PM
I think I just don't know what your problem is.

For me, AI cars pit and live happily ever after, i. e. they don't crash and don't deviate from the CC-line they followed before.

And I don't know how you deducted the version in hasbriale's video has a 'working pitlane' when none of the cars he videoed entered or exited the pit lane, let alone making a pit stop.

Sorry if this might sounded offending, but I'm just frustrated by our inability to communicate effectively.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy