Is it possible to have the same shape car for all 11 teams?

Posted by davegp4 
Hi, I'm trying to make an A1 type series, is it possible to alter file names to have the same shape go into the game?
yes,its possible
superman77m that is super! next can you teach me how & is it possible to have each team a different paint?
yes it is possible...
I,m still stumped on how to get all the same car shape in the game? do we just change file names?
The simplest solution would be to copy the folder with the shape you want. Then rename it to the next team required, and insert it. Then you would have to replace the textures in each folder, the textures that have been painted for each different team, so that each car has its own livery.
If you are using CSM to build this mod, and you haven't stated that, you would copy the lods from the cars folder which has the required shape, and replace all the lods in the remaining 10 cars folders. That should in theory give you the same shape in every folder.
Having a different livery for each car requires converting the tex files in the cars folder to a tga, this is done with Slimtex, which is part of Zaz Tools CSM. Once you have a tga file, you can paint it in a suitable paint program of your choice.
If you look at the GP4FAQ, which is a pinned topic on the front page of this forum, you may find additional information that could be relevant to what you are trying to do.
Keep in mind that I have no idea what I'm talking about, and I take no responsibility for stuffing it up for you. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
no thank you for all the info, I take full responcibility, can you give me a hint on non csm?
To use the carshape in game, you need to make 22 different copies of the carshape you want to use, and make sure they are named car_xxxxxx_car1_lod_y.gp4 and car_xxxxxx_car2_lod_y.gp4, where xxxx stands for each team name from the original game (mclaren,ferrari,williams through to minardi) and y stands for whichever number lod it happens to be (0,1,2,3,4). Once you have done this you are going to end up with 22 different versions of each lod (car_mclaren_car1_lod_0.gp4,car_mclaren_car2_lod_0.gp4,car_ferrari_car1_lod_0.gp4 etc etc). Voila, all 22 cars have the same shape.

If you want liveries attached to each seperate car, watch this video, and you probably want to look at the "making the design game ready" section. This will also tell you how to put your car shapes into the game:

That should tell you how to sort out 1 livery, then you have to do it 22 times for each one :) (although the converting into tex stage can be done with all 22 in one go)

If this is a bit complicated then let me know and ill try and help a bit better :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
no thats all I need, thank again to everyone who has had input on this one, my hygine levels could possible drop now, I've got some work to put in, hope to show what I come up with
cheers!(H)(H)(H)
A little sample... All cars based on the Toyota TF108 (2008-09) season ;-)

nice shape & paint wow!
I have got this old video of a past version of personal MOD 2009. 22 x BMW Sauber F1.09

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2012 06:59AM by superman77m.
Now that's what i'm talkin about! no team orders there!
LOL

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Hello, friend, you can even make different paint for every of each 22 cars, not only for 11 teams. But one problem could be - in a physics file each of 11 teams have only one same name and same engine for both of their cars. I wonder if it is could be possible to make every 22 cars with their own personal team name and own engine to make 22 different teams, you know... but, about your question, for sure you can use same shape for all teams, or for half of them, you know. For example, I' am playing in my GP4 my own fictional Formula serie, with fictional drivers (plus even some real drivers like Alx Danielsson or Carlo Van Dam :)) based on two car shapes of Ferrari and McLaren of 2000's season. You can see how it looks...

Turbo, soulsen, superman, your all way ahead of me but i,m working hard to chatch up, one question if I take a snap shot in gp4 (f11) will it be to big to upload? if so what size am i aloud to upload? thanks guys.
It depends on the screen resolution of GP4 you're using. When you like to post a screenshot on this forum the maximum size must not exceed 800x640 pixels, larger images should be posted as a thumbnail. Make sure the posted image is in a .jpg, .gif or .png format.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
ok thanks, one more question how do I insert a picture here?
You could try image shack, this info is also available in the forum FAQ, a pinned topic on the forum front page.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
ok cheers!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy