T-Cam Shadow in Mirrors !

Posted by captainvik 
T-Cam Shadow in Mirrors !
Date: March 25, 2003 03:17AM
Posted by: captainvik
Does anyone know how to disable the annoying and ugly shadow in the mirrors when driving from T-Cam view ?

It is not there in cockpit view but is probably the shadow cast by the rear wing. It may be realistic but I like many others prefer to drive from that view and it would be good to remove it.

I have fiddled with mirror angles and a few other things but I cannot get it to go away.

Perhaps a texture file has to be altered ? I really don't know but would appreciate any advice... none of the f1graphics.cfg settings seem to affect it from what I have tried.

thanks
Re: T-Cam Shadow in Mirrors !
Date: March 25, 2003 07:00AM
Well I persisted and found the answer to totally remove the shadow !

This setting ( 0 by default ) puts a shadow in T-cam Rear mirrors.

To turn off the shadow change to 1 (static)

It must have been programmed back-to-front !?

1; [MIRROR VIEW] Shadow type (under cars) (0=> off, 1=> static, 2=> composite, 3=> projected)

It looks much better now :)

Perhaps everyone else already knew this ???

I did a search on this forum and High Gear but it had never been an issue... curious as it bugged the sh*t outta me !!!!
Re: T-Cam Shadow in Mirrors !
Date: March 25, 2003 03:27PM

Did anyone else ever have this problem or was it just me ?

P4 2.85gig Albatron mobo 512mb Corsair3200LL Ram 19"Auriga Mon. SBLive! + 4point surround spkrs. Thrustmaster F1 FF Wheel. Radeon9500pro Cat3.4 drivers. GP4 55fps 1024*768 - No VideoWalls/HeatHaze - Mirrors On.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy