My GP4 2012 season MOD (partial season update)

Posted by vicnsi 
great mod I like it! But please update the red bull car to look like a red bull. It has all the sponsors right but not the red bull logo. over infiniti where it says renault it should be a red bull logo, and also close to the drivers head under the T-cam. Great first mod! And very, very easy to install!!!
Re: My GP4 2012 season MOD (partial season update)
Date: August 21, 2012 12:37AM
Posted by: vicnsi
updated the red bull car to look more like a red bull

> ThaPumpkin27 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > great mod I like it! But please update the red
> > bull car to look like a red bull. It has all
> the
> > sponsors right but not the red bull logo. over
> > infiniti where it says renault it should be a
> red
> > bull logo, and also close to the drivers head
> > under the T-cam. Great first mod! And very,
> very
> > easy to install!!!
>
>
>

just a short note to say, as promised, I have updated the Red Bull car with the logo on the nose section, as per your request.

And as mentioned earlier, adding a big Red Bull logo to the engine cowling section under the T-cam is pretty much impossible...unless I were to completely redesign the original GP4 template for the Prost car (aka Red Bull car), and I have to say, that is beyond my GP4 editing skills at this point in time. If this is an area where you are skilled, perhaps you could help me out? .... Anyway, I hope you'll still enjoy the latest update.

"GP4_classic_2012_MOD"

updated. check it out here >> GP4 2012 season MOD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it." ~ Charles Buxton

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2012 07:44PM by vicnsi.
Date: August 21, 2012 11:42AM
Posted by: brudu92
good idea ;-)(Y)

if u need help i can help you :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2012 11:43AM by brudu92.
Date: August 21, 2012 04:15PM
brudu92 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> good idea ;-)(Y)
>
> if u need help i can help you :-)

thanks brudu92. Don't mind if I take you up on your offer. If it's possible for us to redesign the 'Prost' template and add in these missing parts so that I can then paint the entire (Red Bull) car to look exactly like the real thing, that would be totally awesome!!!

Cheers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it." ~ Charles Buxton

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2012 01:23AM by vicnsi.
Date: August 21, 2012 05:01PM
yes send me your red bull car ;) what u want in

and the logo in

i will help you

thanks

brudu92
Date: August 29, 2012 04:00PM
wip red bull ;-)

Date: August 29, 2012 11:51PM
nice work.(Y)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2012 05:29PM by vicnsi.
Date: September 17, 2012 09:18AM
Kimi-The-Champ's fantastic Season 2012 MOD has kind of made my semi-retro 2012 MOD redundant!

However, I am glad I made mine and still enjoy using it,

if you like it too then see my latest updates to many car liveries and sponsor logos.

Get it here >> GP4 2012 season MOD Download Link

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2012 03:45PM by vicnsi.
Date: September 20, 2012 05:14PM
Posted by: hasbriale
Vic you are already a winner!

Your 2012 fabricated mod is over 2000 views on youtube! Should I say anymore to a winner?
Date: September 23, 2012 12:43AM
hasbriale Wrote:
> Vic you are already a winner!
>
> Your 2012 fabricated mod is over 2000 views on
> youtube! Should I say anymore to a winner?

thanks (Y)

Here's my first attempt at making a corresponding video for my GP4 classic, Season 2012 MOD: Download this MOD here >> GP4 2012 MOD Download Link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2012 02:28PM by vicnsi.
Date: September 23, 2012 05:32AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Welcome to the club!
Date: September 29, 2012 06:09PM
I have made some new updates to my Season 2012 MOD WIP: :-)

My Season 2012 MOD - Download Link - please be aware the (.7z) Zip download file is quite large (not advisable on a slow connection).

I've been trying to build a simple easy-to-use season 2012 MOD, with up-to-date car shapes, from a compilation of cars by several authors

- because I am not too fond of CSM. So you can use this MOD without CSM!

Sorry I know the wad file is quite huge but, if you know how to reduce it safely, then by all means, help to do it.

Credits:
````````````
(In brackets I am showing which original GP4 template slot I am using for the new car shape - note this is not always same as slot reccomended by the original authors)

FORCE INDIA (Arrows) - RSCT Modding Group
SAUBER (BAR) - RSCT Modding Group
MERCEDES (Benetton ) - RSCT Modding Group
CATERHAM (Minardi ) - RSCT Modding Group
RED BULL (Prost ) - RSCT Modding Group
TORO ROSSO (Sauber ) - RSCT Modding Group

WILLIAMS (Williams ) - Excalibur

LOTUS (Jordan) - Hega

MCLAREN (McLaren) - dutch_canhaunetal1990stiffmaster99

FERRARI (Ferrari ) - Soulbringer

MARUSSIA (Jaguar ) - Virgin VR-02 By Tiko & Nick

The helmets, steering and camera positions require a bit of tweaking (maybe even some experimentation, and a little bit of trial and error), using TeamEditor,

And you could also adjust the trye & wheel positions using GP4Tweaker. I have included a zip file that contains a 'positions' file for each car.

Alternatively you can use the short-cut method by just loading the gp4tweak.ini file (which I've included) into your GP4tweaker and let it update the wheel settings automatically for you!

Helmets 2007 & 2006 by RauL0ng0, and 2006 Arai Helmet Shape, by Eugénio Faria.

2012 Pirelli Tyres are by Excalibur.

TO INSTALL & TEST:

1). Simply back-up your own cars.wad file, and temporarily replace it with the cars.wad file from this archive. Unzip/copy the '2012_NewShapes_perf.txt' file to your GP4 'GPSAVES' folder.

2). Load the game via gpxpatch, and then on the GPxSET tab, tick the "Performance file" option and browse to where you unzipped/copied '2012_NewShapes_perf.txt' and select the file.

Many thanks to brudu92 for generous help in preparing this MOD.

ralv585 Wrote:
> I think it's because you're using the old car
> shapes.
>
> If you updated them to real 2012 specs, people
> would be more interested.
>
> But keep going and learning how to mod, it can
> only be good for the community :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2012 09:19PM by vicnsi.
Date: October 03, 2012 04:44AM
GP4 2012 Season MOD w/ new carshapes, Quick Race at the breath-taking Kleine Nordschleife. Download here >>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2012 02:34AM by vicnsi.
Date: October 10, 2012 07:48PM
GP4 2012 MOD with new car shapes, inspired by Codemasters F1 2012.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2012 02:33AM by vicnsi.
Date: December 01, 2012 06:45AM
Posted by: Bruno Di Paola
First, I would like to thank this wonderful mod you did .. I downloaded mod shape with and without shape, just the shape and all the cars were white and slow, so I decided to play without the mod shapes, but their job is to be congratulated .. very good indeed. excuse any spelling error, but I do not speak English and so I had to use the translator. Thanks again and continue the excellent work he has been doing. What to do to make that camera the new shape in the old shape?? or only works with the new shape?XD XD;).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2012 06:52AM by Bruno Di Paola.
Date: December 13, 2012 03:32AM
Posted by: SodaMyOar
Fantastic job with the mod!
The cars look amazing.
-S

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2012 12:35AM by SodaMyOar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy