My GP4 2012 season MOD (partial season update)

Posted by vicnsi 
My GP4 2012 season MOD (partial season update)
Date: May 20, 2012 10:06PM
Posted by: vicnsi
After searching with little luck for a good GP4 2012 MOD or GP4 2012 season update, I decided to create my own. Simply by customizing the original GP4 cars
with my own textures, to 'kind of' reflect the current real-life Formula One season.

It uses a combination of helmets from various helmets sets, [such as Helmets 2007 & 2006 by RauL0ng0)].

For me at least, this is far more enjoyable than sticking with the GP4 original cars, helmets, drivers and teams.

If you like it then please share with your friends. If you don't like it then please feel free to suggest how to make it better.
Or if you prefer, then feel free to make the improvements yourself by reverse-engineering the cars.wad.

This was my very first attempt at 'painting' GP4 cars (& trying to build a MOD)! :-)

I have to add that I don't really care much for the new-look, skinny, anorexic-looking, platypus-nosed F1 cars of today! I still prefer the classic look, circa 2001/2002.

In addition, (apart from the purely cosmetic update to helmets and car liveries) my mod leaves GP4 virtually in it's original unadulterated configuration. I have discovered over the years this is still my favorite way to fully enjoy the game: with all driver aids off, and especially "no traction control" !!!

Please check it out here >> GP4 Season 2012 MOD Download Link

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2012 12:02AM by vicnsi.
GP4 2012 season MOD (partial season update)
Date: May 21, 2012 04:31AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Absolutely... Way to Go... pow... (Y)

GP4 2012 Season MOD (by Vic Nsi)

My little showcase of your work (Y)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2012 06:14AM by hasbriale.
Re: My GP4 2012 season MOD (partial season update)
Date: May 28, 2012 07:50PM
I have made a number of minor improvements to many of the car textures.

(Also fixed 'funny-looking-helmets' issue: I had been using the wrong template! - was supposed to be 2006 Arai Helmet Shape with Wing, by Eugénio Faria)

Please check back on the download page here >> GP4 2012 season MOD to see you are running my latest updates.

Cheers to all :-)

PS: if you're like me and hate to fuss about with settings and want to be able to just get in the car and just drive, then my apologies:
b/c the Helmet shape (although very lovable) might require you to use GP4 TeamEditor by Lo2k to adjust the drivers' heights. Anyway, Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it." ~ Charles Buxton

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2012 12:04AM by vicnsi.
Seems no one's interested... :(
Date: May 30, 2012 09:59AM
Hey there hasbriale. Story of my life in a nutshell! lol

Well, no criticisms or negative comments yet either, hmmmmmm...I wonder if perhaps they're all too busy enjoying the mod to stop & post any response? ;)

Or am I just being too optimistic? :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it." ~ Charles Buxton

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2012 03:39AM by vicnsi.
Date: June 03, 2012 12:12AM
For those of you that downloaded and are using this MOD (and I thank you greatly! (B))
the eagle-eyed amongst you may have spotted in race results that Vettel & Webber are in a Toro Rosso (and Vergne and Ricciardo in a Red Bull!).

This is an error on my part. Sorry.

If you haven't already done so, then to fix this, simply all you have to do is swap the team names in the 2012performance.txt file.

Swap these two lines:
Name=RedBull,Renault
Name=ToroRosso, Ferrari

Note: do not swap the driver names! This was already done by me but I then forgot to swap the team names. So, swap only the teams' names, otherwise you'll have Vergne or Ricciardo qualifying on pole and Vettel halfway down the grid :-)

Cheers

Naughty boy... you caught me there... ;-)
Date: June 03, 2012 01:21PM
Posted by: ralv585
I think it's because you're using the old car shapes.

If you updated them to real 2012 specs, people would be more interested.

But keep going and learning how to mod, it can only be good for the community :)

Date: June 03, 2012 04:30PM
Thanks, ralv585, for the encouragement. Much appreciated. (Y)

And I've no doubt you're right, that if (when!) I upgrade the Mod to use more up-to-date car shapes, it'll perhaps garner a bit more interest.
In any event, I feel this has been a very good first step for me...the best is yet to come. So keep watching this space!!!

Takes a lot of time to see, the less to become more..
Date: June 09, 2012 06:05PM
My Season 2012 New Shapes MOD WIP

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2012 01:16AM by vicnsi.
Those shapes are really good, i would definitely like to get my hands on those! I think it's best to use just team editor, as with that you can see the positions but i would certainly be willing to find the right coordinates as many would.

Anyway the 2012 liveries on the original car shape is an interesting idea, and the liveries are well done :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Vic.. Your mod is gaining popularity...

650+ views on Youtobe... (Y)
Date: June 11, 2012 11:55PM
truecrysis
Those shapes are really good, i would definitely like to get my hands on those! I think it's best to use just team editor, as with that you can see the positions but i would certainly be willing to find the right coordinates as many would.

Anyway the 2012 liveries on the original car shape is an interesting idea, and the liveries are well done

hasbriale,
Vic.. Your mod is gaining popularity...

650+ views on Youtobe...

Thank you both for your very kind comments...(Y) Very, very encouraging indeed :-)

Date: June 13, 2012 01:41AM
Further WIPs:

I've also been trying to fashion out, or hack, a 'pretend' GP4 2012 season update out of GP4 Italia's "2006 Mod 1.07" (possibly the greatest MOD for Grand Prix 4 I have ever seen!) -
by re-painting some of their cars to resemble 2012 liveries, & then updating the helmets & driver names to 2012 specs, and also upgrading their grooved tyres to my own slick tyres.

more to come...;)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 07:12PM by vicnsi.
Date: June 13, 2012 03:24AM
Posted by: davegp4
Iv'e played your mod ,I think its cool I also would like to share my personal work but haven't worked out how to upload even a pic yet can someone help?
Date: June 13, 2012 09:03PM
Thanks, davegp4. Glad you like the MOD. (Y) I initially made it just for myself, but then b/c it turned out so well, it occurred to me there might be others out here who might also appreciate it, so I thought what harm can it do to share it?!

As far as uploading stuff...

I never really looked into uploading pics here on gpg forum, as I have been quite happy to use either my hotmail or ucoz accounts for sharing docs & pics.

But my understanding is you need to contact Lo2k and ask for a member log-in (which is not the same as the forum log-in) and you can then upload your stuff to this site.

Cheers

Date: June 14, 2012 06:07AM
Posted by: davegp4
thanks buddy
Date: June 22, 2012 04:13PM
Waayhaay!!! New and very much improved HRT (née minardi).

Also, I had made a version of the cars.wad with very shiny slick tyres...but just in case you feel the slicks are a bit too shiny, I've also kept the older version with the less-shiny duller slicks still available for download.

Latest updates - also added new screenshots >> GP4 2012 season MOD Download Link

Thanks all

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2012 12:22AM by vicnsi.
Date: June 25, 2012 04:58PM
Now that I finally got round to making this long-overdue change, I wonder why I waited so long...but it's done now,

the car numbers are no longer circa 2001, but I have now updated all the cars to make the numbers match up with real-life FIA Official drivers/cars numbers, as per 'Live Timing' at www.f1.com.

For example :

Vettel = 1
Webber = 2
Button = 3
Hamilton = 4
Alonso = 5
Massa = 6

etc., etc.

The related 2012performance.txt is now up-to-date too.

Link to the mod is : GP4 2012 season MOD

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2012 12:05AM by vicnsi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy