Ellis and Sasjags Secret Project

Posted by Ellis 
Ellis and Sasjags Secret Project
Date: March 24, 2003 09:30AM
Posted by: Ellis
I've been doing this in my mind for a good few weeks now, and i told sasjag bout it last week and he thot it was a good idea. Tell me your thots and if nobody likes it i'll scrap the idea, if you do like it then great :D the idea sounds simple at the start, but gets a bit harder as you go on

In simple terms its a one make series for GP4. there will be 22 cars of the same make/model and preformance on the track. But wait, this is the good bit.....the liveries are YOURS.

The car will be the Corvette Racing C5-R, pictured below

I will make the carshape and Sasjag will map it. He will create a template with the mapping and it will be put up for download on our website. there will be pictures shwoing you which part of the tga template cos on which part the car to help make it easier for you.

What we want from you (if you want) is a realsitc type liery for this carshape. The template will already have graphics such as front lights, rear lights, air vents, windows, body grooves etc, all you need to do is the livery. We ask a few things of the livery of course

1) Dont change the lights, body grooves etc etc etc
2) Dont change the sponsor on the window - it will be a generic one for the car series
3) Dont change the carshape or the mapping - that will screw up all the other cars in the game
4) The livery must be "realsitc(ish)". for example, Sasjags livery will be of T.F.C. (Tamworth Football Club), but at the same time it must also have a fuel sponsor and an Oil sponsors and if u wish, brakes also. Do not put An engine sponsor on unless its a Chevy one or a Tyre sponsor unless its Firestone. Keep the livery clean of course, no swearing, or stuff that wouldnt be suitible for under 16s. We dont want stuff like Avril sponsors (SASJAG!!!!! ;))
5) The lviereis can be totally fictional if u wish, or they can be based on anothe real car, like the Audi Le man car, the BTCC Astra, etc, but try to keep them realsitc looking.
6) If two lvieries are submitted that are very similar we will choose the better quality one if we want either of them in the car set. the other will of cours ebe uploaded on the site for download too!

I will create one livery, and Sasjag will create one and we are hoping more than 20 liveries will be submitted. We will then pic the best 20 liveries in our opinion. But if urs isnt included, dont worry, we will but ur car up for download on the website, along with a preview picture so they can choose if they would like it or not. All the cars will have the same preformance so your car wont be at the back all the time either :P

Dont worry about the cockpits, we will sort them out.

Do not make any alpha channels on your tga, we will make them for you

Dont worry bout the driver names, we will pic, in our opinion the best drivers in the world (of all series, such as F1, CART, IRL etc etc etc).

All you need to do is create the livery on the tgas and send them to specially made email address with all the files in a winRAR document (smaller file sizes to help the email account)

After the car tgas are released you will have 1 month to make the livery (if u feel thats too short a time please tell us)
Give me your thots, and of course any good ideas you got that could go with this?

Post Edited (03-24-03 16:51)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: Ellis and Sasjags Secret Project
Date: March 24, 2003 09:33AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Oh yes yes yes sounds damned brilliant :)

gpgames forum cars, nice idea, get to work :D

all we need now is good online gnine play and teh forum championship is gogogo! Also will nude bodies be allowed ? ;-)

Post Edited (03-24-03 16:35)
Date: March 24, 2003 09:43AM
hehe chris, no nude ppl please!

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 24, 2003 09:46AM
Posted by: broders
nice idea.

DO IT

ps, is that you in that pic ellis?;-)

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: March 24, 2003 09:48AM
:(, breasts maybe? please??
just like:

? ;)
Erm 1 month should be fine

Post Edited (03-24-03 16:48)
Date: March 24, 2003 09:48AM
I wish that was me in that pic....erm, mean, yes of course its me! Thats my every-day road car :DU might have not notied the edit cos i just put it in there -

"After the car tgas are released you will have 1 month to make the livery (if u feel thats too short a time please tell us)"

Date: March 24, 2003 09:49AM
Posted by: sasjag
:';( no Avril :(

i refuse to do it:P (j/k)

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: March 24, 2003 09:49AM
ps, is that you in that pic ellis?

dude i hope not, unless hes been on ageing pills and an increibly unhealthy diet ;)

Date: March 24, 2003 09:52AM
Another edit in-

Do not make any alpha channels on your tga, we will make them for you

Date: March 24, 2003 09:57AM
Posted by: broders
lol, if it is i dont think his skateboard would work;-)

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: March 24, 2003 09:57AM
Posted by: bazza
Brilliant idea!

Can I bagsy a car? Or is it like a competition to get your car in the set?

Baz

Date: March 24, 2003 10:04AM
Its like a competition, but a car, it will be uploaded our site and a preview picutre with it so people can judge if they want it or not

If/when u submit your car, please supply your name so we can give you credit for the car!

The 'best' cars are ahrd to choose i know! We have to choose on two things- what we think is the best livery design, and what we think is the highest quality cars. unfortuantly not everyones is gona be in, thats impossible, that agaibn of course means that tere will be some rpetty dam excelent cars left out of the main download, and we apologise in advace for that. we cant please everyone but we hope you like this :D

Either way - remember your car will be up for download (within reason, NO NUDES CHRIS :P)

Date: March 24, 2003 10:06AM
Posted by: sasjag
unfortuantly not everyones is gona be in, thats impossible

it's not, providing 20 or less people submit liveries:P

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: March 24, 2003 10:10AM
Well we are hoping that wont be a problem

I thinking about supplying the z-modeler shape file too so yo can load ur cars up in ZM and get a preview of it?

but if we do that you CANT change the shape or mapping in anyway cos it wont work on the copy we supply with the game

Date: March 24, 2003 10:17AM
unfortuantly not everyones is gona be in, thats impossible

I wont ;)

Date: March 24, 2003 10:26AM
Intrest seems high enough for me already, i will start making the car soon

Date: March 24, 2003 10:43AM
Posted by: CeeGee
I assume that the person with the best livery wins the actual Corvette Racing C5-R in the photo?
Great idea!!

CeeGee
Date: March 24, 2003 11:14AM
Posted by: tux
Date: March 24, 2003 11:26AM
Posted by: Xero
Sounds good! I'll be up for that!

Date: March 24, 2003 11:41AM
Posted by: Orpheus
gr8 idea ellis and sim, if it takes off you will be in gpx ahll of fame ;) :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy