F1virtual Tracks performs atmospheric haze by RealGPx

Posted by gildoorf 
Some shots here.

Atmospheric Haze: GP4 has a pretty basic lighting engine with no common modern features like day/night cycle or atmospheric haze. In these conditions, I made a fake atmospheric haze with dozens of highly transparent layers crossing the track at regular spacing, giving some depth to long range views. (Laurent Rousseau, in realgpx.com)

It´s far away from perfection yet, though (in my opinion). Two options to be discussed to Mr. Laurent Rosseau: 1. Make texture bottom less dense to avoid "curtain wall" effect. Upside would remain the same blur as it goes; 2. Make texture less blue, once haze is due to pollution and not water steam...

Still WIP, about to be released this year though.

Very nice Gildoorf.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sounds really good
This track looks original! Great job! :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I agre with Excalibur. Great job.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Nice effect, I tried a similar method to add bloom to the game, and also on lights. I lost patience with it, the "curtainwall effect" was too obvious for me.
Your stills look very good, I hope you can pull this off.

You definately need to think outside the box with this game ;-)

F1Dev
That's a great job and a great result so far,keep it up guys ;)

Greetings
Alessio

Greetings
Alessio

CoM3 oN McL4R3n.....:)
F1virtual FTW! :-)
Impressive work with the haze F1Virtual!:)
@ richard r@m: If GP4 wasn´t so puzzled, it would not be sooo fun to handle. Any better ideas for this haze? You´re very welcome, you know. And yes, this one probably a huge number of others will be pulled off, in a proper time. Let´s see what happens...

hello gildoorf,
The effect looks good. I can see the effort you have into this and it's much appreciated;-)
gildoorf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @ richard r@m: If GP4 wasn´t so puzzled, it would
> not be sooo fun to handle. Any better ideas for
> this haze? You´re very welcome, you know. And
> yes, this one probably a huge number of others
> will be pulled off, in a proper time. Let´s see
> what happens...

Hey dude, yes, I was going to try attaching a cylinder/cylinders to the actual car/helmet, so when you drive around the haze keeps a constant distance, purely theory to counter the "curtain wall" effect.
I never actually got round to trying it as my patience was worn out working on a very slow inadequate machine, and all the repetitiveness of modding and testing.

I did recently buy a new 17 inch quadcore laptop, but after 3 weeks the drive failed and it's been at the "repair" shop for nearly 3 weeks more :(
Nothing I can do as it's still under warranty, apparently it takes them up to 28 days to change the HD, so when I finally get it back, I may start experimenting and testing again.

F1Dev
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy